• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Mellie

Meal deal steal

Recommended Posts

I've taken to getting the biggest possible discount from a meal deal that I can, today I got a new record.

1. Ham and cheese baguette: £2.30

2. Bottle of coconut water: £2.59

3. Pack of Tesco's finest crisps: £0.89

For a grand total of £5.78. I wonder if it's possible to get the discount up to 50% with the right mix of main, snack and drink?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I've taken to getting the biggest possible discount from a meal deal that I can, today I got a new record.

1. Ham and cheese baguette: £2.30

2. Bottle of coconut water: £2.59

3. Pack of Tesco's finest crisps: £0.89

For a grand total of £5.78. I wonder if it's possible to get the discount up to 50% with the right mix of main, snack and drink?

What did it actually cost then Rog?

 

*Said in best Ken Campbell Fawlty Towers voice*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shindigger said:

What did it actually cost then Rog?

 

*Said in best Ken Campbell Fawlty Towers voice*.

Meal deal: £3. 

Don't all meal deals cost £3??

I realise that was a pretty important ommission.

Edited by Roger_Mellie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I walked straight past the sandwich section of the supermarket, and bought a patty and a pint of milk for £1.10

They mark up all the shit that they are going to put in the meal deal so that you think that you're getting a discount.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I've taken to getting the biggest possible discount from a meal deal that I can, today I got a new record.

1. Ham and cheese baguette: £2.30

2. Bottle of coconut water: £2.59

3. Pack of Tesco's finest crisps: £0.89

For a grand total of £5.78. I wonder if it's possible to get the discount up to 50% with the right mix of main, snack and drink?

I too discovered the Coconut Water combo a few weeks back. Big savings. And I actually like coconut water.

You can save even more I think by going for the Duck Wrap as the sandwich option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Years ago I knew someone who, once a month, would go somewhere and get a 99p sandwich on their store card because the 99p would get 'penced off' the card leaving a balance of zero to pay.

Beat that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Panther said:

Years ago I knew someone who, once a month, would go somewhere and get a 99p sandwich on their store card because the 99p would get 'penced off' the card leaving a balance of zero to pay.

Beat that

They almost certainly post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was that infamous Tesco £10 meal deal glitch a few years back that I posted over on TOS.

Basically a main meal, side dish, dessert and a bottle of wine was glitching through Tesco checkouts, depending upon which items you chose, for between something like 89p and £1.50. I filled my fridge until my local Tesco Express manager stopped people buying - physically stopped people buying.

But it was nationwide. Many people on TOS got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.