• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Mellie

Meal deal steal

I've taken to getting the biggest possible discount from a meal deal that I can, today I got a new record.

1. Ham and cheese baguette: £2.30

2. Bottle of coconut water: £2.59

3. Pack of Tesco's finest crisps: £0.89

For a grand total of £5.78. I wonder if it's possible to get the discount up to 50% with the right mix of main, snack and drink?

4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I've taken to getting the biggest possible discount from a meal deal that I can, today I got a new record.

For a grand total of £5.78. I wonder if it's possible to get the discount up to 50% with the right mix of main, snack and drink?

What did it actually cost then Rog?

*Said in best Ken Campbell Fawlty Towers voice*.

4 minutes ago, shindigger said:

What did it actually cost then Rog?

*Said in best Ken Campbell Fawlty Towers voice*.

Meal deal: £3. 

Don't all meal deals cost £3??

I realise that was a pretty important ommission.

Edited by Roger_Mellie

I walked straight past the sandwich section of the supermarket, and bought a patty and a pint of milk for £1.10

They mark up all the shit that they are going to put in the meal deal so that you think that you're getting a discount.

xD

19 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I too discovered the Coconut Water combo a few weeks back. Big savings. And I actually like coconut water.

You can save even more I think by going for the Duck Wrap as the sandwich option.

Years ago I knew someone who, once a month, would go somewhere and get a 99p sandwich on their store card because the 99p would get 'penced off' the card leaving a balance of zero to pay.

Beat that

10 minutes ago, Panther said:

Years ago I knew someone who, once a month, would go somewhere and get a 99p sandwich on their store card because the 99p would get 'penced off' the card leaving a balance of zero to pay.

Beat that

They almost certainly post here.

There was that infamous Tesco £10 meal deal glitch a few years back that I posted over on TOS.

Basically a main meal, side dish, dessert and a bottle of wine was glitching through Tesco checkouts, depending upon which items you chose, for between something like 89p and £1.50. I filled my fridge until my local Tesco Express manager stopped people buying - physically stopped people buying.

But it was nationwide. Many people on TOS got it.