• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Has the copper done right or should he have been banged to rights?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5999087/Policeman-smashed-windscreen-CLEARED-assault-destroying-property.html

A policeman who was filmed smashing a man's windscreen has been cleared of a series of charges by a jury in London.

Met Police officer Joshua Savage was charged after he confronted motorist Leon Fontana in Camden, north London in September 2016.

A video of him hitting the windscreen of Mr Fontana's Ford Fiesta with a baton before cutting the glass with a lock knife was shared widely online and provoked public outcry.

But Savage, 28, was today found not guilty of destroying property, common assault and possession of a blade.

more details at the link

As this was in the Camden part of Londonistan I'm sure his actions were in the best interests of the safety of his colleagues and the public as cars (and scooters) have now been weaponised.

Mr Fontana should have complied, if this was the states or elsewhere in the world where the general police are armed his brains (or lack of them if that's the case) would have been splattered all over the headlining of his car.

If I lived in London I would hope the Police still have the confidence to act without hesitation for the safety of its normal residents and tourists.

Edited by Chewing Grass
missing word

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well if you were a copper, on duty and someone was not complying with a reasonable request then I guess you would. 

If he hasnt broken any law then by acting lawfully he is complying.

If a copper stops and asks for your name then you do not have to tell them it.

Edited by Banned

So he's driving a car owned by a known drug dealer called TJ. The car has previously been driven off when stopped by police. The policeman stops the car and the driver says "I'm not TJ".

Sorry I don't think the police done anything wrong....

5 minutes ago, Banned said:

If he hasnt broken any law then by acting lawfully he is complying.

No but then you might find yourself taken down the nick. 

This person was driving a car that had already escaped the police. He was refusing to exit said car. 

These scroats think they are above the law and most times they seem to be correct in that view. This copper stood his ground. It would be better if more did so 

Just now, Banned said:

If he hasnt broken any law then back acting lawfully he is complying.

Careful observation of the video shows he was already blocked in and was refusing to get out of the car and had sufficiently prepped himself to video the intended confrontation.

The guy was obviously engineering the situation as the last thing I would do is think lets video all this on my phone and had even locked himself in.

When Police body cameras appear there will be no doubt as to who are the cunts as there will be more footage than in that edited footage.

I should add that I think the police (well, us) should pay to repair the damage to his car, assuming he was not at fault. It could of course be argued he was at fault though, for not complying.

Edited by Carl Fimble
removing extra lines, possibly what y

31 minutes ago, NTB said:

Would any dosbodder have not cooperated in that situation? I doubt it somehow. The cop is right in my view.

12 years ago i was minding my own business walking down the street and a copper pulled me and asked me if i was such and such (i wasnt),  so i just carried on walking ... he then grabbed me a tussle happened i wouldnt let him put me on the floor (just done 3 months boxing training so was fit and agile as can be) ... and in the end i got done for a public order offence. (sang a song about Harry Roberts after i attacked his fist and boot with my face on numerous occasions)

Amazed the people on DOSBODS see the police as being so saintly.

Edited by Banned

Just now, Banned said:

12 years ago i was minding my own business walking down the street and a copper pulled me and asked me if i was such and such (i wasnt),  so i just carried on walking ... he then grabbed me a tussle happened i wouldnt let him put me on the floor (just done 3 months boxing training so was fit and agile as can be) ... and in the end i got done for a public order offence.

Amazed the people on DOSBODS see the police so saintly.

I’m not sure that we do.  They collectively have blood on their hands. But, the old saying, “two wrongs don’t make a right” springs to mind. 

Copper had good reason to suspect an offence was taking place as the car owner was a known voilent drug dealer who only has a provisional licence. The car had previously failed to stop.

The car was smashed up but the 'victim' was not injured. It's not like he dragged out of the car and they gave him a good kicking.

The coper was taken to Court and found not guilty by a jury. It's not like he was above the law.

I'm not always a big fan of the police but in this instance I can't see what the issue is.

37 minutes ago, One percent said:

No but then you might find yourself taken down the nick. 

This person was driving a car that had already escaped the police. He was refusing to exit said car. 

These scroats think they are above the law and most times they seem to be correct in that view. This copper stood his ground. It would be better if more did so 

He may well be a scroat but its not 100%. What you're saying is its OK for the police to do this to everyone. 

1 minute ago, Banned said:

He may well be a scroat but its not 100%. What you're saying is its OK for the police to do this to everyone. 

I’m not saying that but am saying that if plod says get out the car then it is best to do so, rather than locking yourself in and filming it.  

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m not saying that but am saying that if plod says get out the car then it is best to do so, rather than locking yourself in and filming it.  

But if i am sat in my car minding my own business and doing nothing wrong the police have no right to tell me to get out. ANd if i thought i was about to get the shit beaten out of me id film it also.

I do realise the police have a difficult job dealing with these little fuckers who do think they can get away with everything, but all im saying is if its ok for the plod to do this to them then surely its fir game for them to do it to anyone.

Edited by Banned

3 minutes ago, Banned said:

12 years ago i was minding my own business walking down the street and a copper pulled me and asked me if i was such and such (i wasnt),  so i just carried on walking ... he then grabbed me a tussle happened i wouldnt let him put me on the floor (just done 3 months boxing training so was fit and agile as can be) ... and in the end i got done for a public order offence. (sang a song about Harry Roberts after i attacked his fist and boot with my face on numerous occasions)

No, don't see them as saintly. Seen plenty of examples of them being crap or doing wrong.

As a 15 year old I was stopped on my push bike by a van load of coppers and they accused me of breaking into a nearby factory. The reality was I had taken a short cut through the industrial estate and the coppers just assumed up no good and stopped me on a whim. When I explained and they found nothing on me they let me on my way.

If only I had a smart phone to film it all.

5 minutes ago, Banned said:

So what do you expect the police to do? If they suspect someone is a criminal they ask him and if he says "no" they allow him to walk on?

Just now, Great Guy said:

So what do you expect the police to do? If they suspect someone is a criminal they ask him and if he says "no" they allow him to walk on?

Act within the law. Fact this went to court is the CPS thought he had a case .. different jury may well have had a different opinion.

1 minute ago, Banned said:

Act within the law. Fact this went to court is the CPS thought he had a case .. different jury may well have had a different opinion.

Tbh, I doubt this would have went to court if the guy in the car was white. We all know the black community love playing the "victim card" and rioting when they need a new telly and trainers.

8 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, I doubt this would have went to court if the guy in the car was white. We all know the black community love playing the "victim card" and rioting when they need a new telly and trainers.

To be fair he did pull a knife out, and it was caught on camera, never knew knives were part of police weaponry.

2 minutes ago, Banned said:

But if i am sat in my car minding my own business and doing nothing wrong the police have no right to tell me to get out. ANd if i thought i was about to get the shit beaten out of me id film it also.

You don't have to be breaking the law for the police to stop and arrest you.

The police need to have a reasonable grounds to suspect a crime.

The coppers job is to nick you, the Courts job is to decide if you were breaking the law or not.

Remember, they work on a time critical basis, there is an element of the 'fog or war'. The reality of the situation often seems very obvious with the benefit of hindsight.

2 minutes ago, Banned said:

12 years ago i was minding my own business walking down the street and a copper pulled me and asked me if i was such and such (i wasnt),  so i just carried on walking ... he then grabbed me a tussle happened i wouldnt let him put me on the floor (just done 3 months boxing training so was fit and agile as can be) ... and in the end i got done for a public order offence.

Amazed the people on DOSBODS see the police so saintly.

Don't think they are saints and I wasn't there. Personally I would have made sure he was satisfied that there was nothing to be concerned about before going about my business. Policing by consent relies on the public being cooperative and playing their part.