• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Melchett

Are you be benefitting from Thin Privilege?

Another thread crosser. I honestly couldn’t decide which of the obvious threads to stick it in - maybe people with more time on their hands can cross post? 

Anyway, if you care about your health and make sure you aren’t a bloated sack of lard you are apparently benefiting from thin privilege.

The self delusion levels here are enormous. Let’s flip it. So, do people going into most places to eat (where you are never really sure if you are getting healthy food even if it looks like it might be) benefitting from fat privilege? 

The gulf between reality and what these morons want to be reality is getting so great you’d need a vessel capable of faster than light travel to cross it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/d5f083b6-d043-471a-94d0-9c3c5af97689

Edited by Melchett

7 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Another thread crosser. I honestly couldn’t decide which of the obvious threads to stick it in - maybe people with more time on their hands can cross post? 

Anyway, if you care about your health and make sure you aren’t a bloated sack of lard you are apparently benefiting from thin privilege.

The self delusion levels here are enormous. Let’s flip it. So, do people going into most places to eat (where you are never really sure if you are getting healthy food even if it looks like it might be) benefitting from fat privilege? 

The gulf between reality and what these morons want to be reality is getting so great you’d need a vessel capable of faster than light travel to cross it.

A sign of a society so decadent that you can smell the rot.

Basically if you mainly eat food prepared by others all your life i.e. anything from Sandwiches through Ready Meals, Takeaways, Processed Food and Restaurants you will end up as a bloater.

The only way to avoid being fat is to know what goes into your food and you can only do that by not being a lazy fucker and feeding yourself.

This also stops you overeating as you have to put some time and effort in in the first place.

21 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

once again, I'm losing out,

as neither thin nor fat, I'm in the squeezed middle

My middle could do with a bit of squeezing, how do I join?

Just now, One percent said:

With your roadkdiet and sea swimming, I had you on as being thin as a lat. 

I don't know why I'm not thin but I never have been, I'm not fat, but in winter I'm on the upper side of the BMI zone for normal (so bordering on the fat zone). I always lose some weight in summer from walking, swimming, rowing and I move to the middle of normal. But being thin in winter takes work, although I can be easily thin if I do the 5+2 diet regime, so all I need is to lose about 3000 calories out of a week. But, it's too many crumbles and alcohol in winter and, in fact, alcohol all year, since if I drop those I end up at the middle of the BMI normal zone all year without much effort. The trouble is that too much of our food seems good with alcohol.

The only time I've really had no weight issues and could eat without consideration was when, for 6 years, I ran 3 miles every morning - but that buggered my right knee, well my right knee now overextends a bit giving hamstring tendonitis which ceases the ability to run at exactly the two mile distance.

Actually, I just think that I'm too short for my metabolism. If I was 1 inch taller and with the same metabolism, I'd never have any weight issues :ph34r:

I have had a thin priviledge day today helping a disabled overweight friend of my wifes move house. She had had a quote for 3k to move her stuff off the second floor of a grand Victorian villa she lets so I am helping her out taking the stuff to a barn for storage in the middle of a field ( that's another friend's barn). You see she is a hoarder, boxes up to the ceiling etc. Anyway while I was shifting all her stuff she's been confined to a chair all day resting her ulcers. 78 boxes have gone to the barn and some semblance of order in the flat for more boxes to go over the next few days. Landlady was having a shindig with other divorced women at the Villa, one of them even offered me hand. The farm was full of interesting people too, corn deliveries, joiners, dry stone wallers. Nice drive between the two properties across Lathkill Dale. All unpaid charity, but sooner than be confined to a chair all day. I should be priviledged for lugging  boxes in 30 degree heat all day unpaid, I think.:/

Well, I think I have one to beat them all xD

This evening the GF and I took  4 and 8 yr-old girls to our local quay on the estuary for a 'picnic' supper by the boats, the ducks and to do a bit of 'crabbing'. The point being 'fun' for the children. We were the only ones on the quay.

The public quay is in front of a pub and in prime 2nd home country where you won't find any young locals owning properties.

The pub has outside 'bistro dining' where pink shirts and beige chinos are in abundance

I usually look quite rough, tonight, a polo shirt where the collar is separating on one side, shorts that are blood and fish spattered, very old Tevas, short hair sticking up like a bog brush rigid with salt and blown by the wind - I could audition for Castaway. But I do spend a lot of time at sea. GF not a lot better, although she has had a wash in the last 3 weeks.

While sitting on the quay, I heard someone on the pub balcony say:

"That family must be poor people"

:wanker:

No matey, I'm fekking rich, richer than you.

Edited by Hopeful

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

Well, I think I have one to beat them all xD

This evening the GF and I took  4 and 8 yr-old girls to our local quay on the estuary for a 'picnic' supper by the boats, the ducks and to do a bit of 'crabbing'. The point being 'fun' for the children. We were the only ones on the quay.

The public quay is in front of a pub and in prime 2nd home country where you won't find any young locals owning properties.

The pub has outside 'bistro dining' where pink shirts and beige chinos are in abundance

I usually look quite rough, tonight, a polo shirt where the collar is separating on one side, shorts that are blood and fish spattered, very old Tevas, short hair sticking up like a bog brush rigid with salt and blown by the wind - I could audition for Castaway. But I do spend a lot of time at sea. GF not a lot better, although she has had a wash in the last 3 weeks.

While sitting on the quay, I heard someone on the pub balcony say:

"That family must be poor people"

:wanker:

No matey, I'm fekking rich, richer than you.

5 hours ago, Melchett said:

BBC 3 really is a crock of shit isn't it. That article I linked to on the Deluded Old Scrapper thread with the serial dater was a BBC 3 article.

Don't you get the impression this is all just women talking utter shit to each other in the estrogenic echo chamber that is social media, and then other women 'journalists' giving it credence by writing about it on the state funded news channel. 

If I was to whinge un-ironically about the 'hair priveledge' of those who aren't going bald, I'd be told I was talking shit. And rightfully so.

By not telling them they're being ridiculous, by letting on that any idea is valid, you legitimize it and a load of fat people* will read it and take on that ridiculous mindset which will strengthen their resolve to dodge salad. After all it was on the So-Called BBC wasn't it.

And after that they'll read the article from the chubby serial dater and double down in their resolve not to settle.

Ya know if I didn't know better I'd guess the So-Called BBC was activity trying to make people into bigger arseholes than they are already.

(* I say fat people, we all know it's fat women here. No fat bloke has ever felt fat shamed, nor will you ever fool a thin bloke into being thin shamed.)

Edited by JoeDavola

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Ya know if I didn't know better I'd guess the So-Called BBC was activity trying to make people into bigger arseholes than they are already.

It's another one of those "turn one segment of society against another segment" all hidden behind the soft cuddly comfort blanket of making everyone "equal".

How much longer can the good people of the UK put up with this shit before they explode in an uncontrollable rage? 

Just now, leonardratso said:

want that the reason BBC3 went online only? cos it was tripe in a can, and the viewing figures showed it?

I could be wrong, but popular successful things surely dont get hidden away.

The poisonous thing is that this tripe is often promoted to the front page of BBC news - a page that no doubt gets millions of views a day.

Start spreading shitty ideas at that scale for enough time and you can influence a country in a big way. A country that's fat enough already.

Privilege is the new discrimination.

Once the SJWs realised that nobody was being discriminated against any more they lost their purpose in life.

Then somebody invented privilege and you have a whole new set of targets to rally against and this time you get to discriminate against them!

White - privileged

Man - privileged

Thin - privileged

The whole ideology is as mad as a box of frogs and as Joe said it would be laughable were not the So-Called BBC splashing all of this across its front page as if it were a genuine issue rather than the utter utter bollocks which it is.

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Privilege is the new discrimination.

Once the SJWs realised that nobody was being discriminated against any more they lost their purpose in life.

Then somebody invented privilege and you have a whole new set of targets to rally against and this time you get to discriminate against them!

White - privileged

Man - privileged

Thin - privileged

The whole ideology is as mad as a box of frogs and as Joe said it would be laughable were not the So-Called BBC splashing all of this across its front page as if it were a genuine issue rather than the utter utter bollocks which it is.

to me that says more about the So-Called BBC than it does about the crackpot screaming vaginas and man cucks.

10 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I could do with some thin privilege on airline fares. If they charged by weight we could save a lot on travel costs.

You should visit Uzbekistan or Samoa; their airlines both charge by weight.

http://www.travelstart.co.za/blog/these-are-the-airlines-who-charge-passengers-by-their-body-weight/