• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44967650

The UK faces a "democratic crisis" due to the spread of "pernicious views" and the manipulation of personal data, a parliamentary committee is set to warn.

The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Committee has been investigating disinformation and fake news following the Cambridge Analytica data scandal.

In its first report it will suggest social media companies should face tighter regulation.

It also proposes measures to combat election interference.

The report warns that the "relentless targeting of hyper-partisan views, which play to the fears and prejudices of people, in order to influence their voting plans" is a threat to democracy.

The committee's report was due to be officially published on Sunday.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Isn't that exactly what party political broadcasts try to achieve ?

Good point. They are attempting to shut down dissenting views, which is in itself exactly what they accuse the dissenting voices of. 

They are desperate to stop the videos, posts and discussions that challenge their orthodoxy, I’m not sure that they will be able to (hope). It’s a bit like playing whack a mole I would think.   

3 minutes ago, snaga said:

Social media is dominated by the left and sjws already, So are they concerned about extreme liberalism? 

Everyone else has fucked off to niche forums like this one.

That's a very good point.

Coffee houses.

Pubs.

Now inter fori like this one.

People are organising.

Pol are too used to having the monopoly on being in charge. They are not.

Stuff like Brexit and the EU migration fuck up shows that the political bodies are so far away from the plebs that representative democracy has probably had its day.

Esp. i n the interweb days.

11 minutes ago, snaga said:

Social media is dominated by the left and sjws already, So are they concerned about extreme liberalism? 

Everyone else has fucked off to niche forums like this one.

Thats a very narrow definition of social media.

Theres more to it then twitter and FB.

45 minutes ago, One percent said:

The report warns that the "relentless targeting of hyper-partisan views, which play to the fears and prejudices of people, in order to influence their voting plans" is a threat to democracy.

They really, really, really think people are thick and cannot work stuff out for themselves.

As the saying goes. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Blair and his cronies let the cat out of the bag for good but now aided by their media plants they can't stop themselves.

Children in a sweet shop, they want it all.

Edited by Chewing Grass
children in a sweet shop

16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

We know that, Governments grasp of IT and social media is more limited. The op even mentions regulating social media companies, you can be sure they are targetting the likes of facebook & twitter, and perhaps even the big sites like mumsnet. Not micro sites like this.

Edited by snaga

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

They really, really, really think people are thick and cannot work stuff out for themselves.

As the saying goes. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Blair and his cronies let the cat out of the bag for good but now aided by their media plants they can't stop themselves.

Children in a sweet shop, they want it all.

Sadly, I think that for the vast majority of the population, they are correct. They look no further than the idiot box.  

This is why they are so scared.  If people turn to the internet (and more are doing so) then they will get the great awakening that they so fear. 

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Coffee houses.

Pubs.

People are organising.

That’s why this site is important and (I kid you not) why people like me will be important in the future, as we have the base to retake the country from overseas. 

5 hours ago, One percent said:

The UK faces a "democratic crisis" due to the spread of "pernicious views" and the manipulation of personal data, a parliamentary committee is set to warn.

The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Committee has been investigating disinformation and fake news following the Cambridge Analytica data scandal.

In its first report it will suggest social media companies should face tighter regulation.

It also proposes measures to combat election interference.

The committee's report was due to be officially published on Sunday.

This reminds me of the old joke: 'Don't steal - the government hates competition'. 

6 hours ago, One percent said:

Thank goodness - it's long overdue for the MSM and the So-Called BBC to be held to account.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

but both are claiming that this is because they have deleted thousands of fake accounts, supposedly far-right or Russian fake accounts.

Again, if you don't accept the PR spin and think about it how does deleting 'thousands' of accounts result in a 20% drop in share price.

If you don't think you may accept the line but if you do you can see why, they are overvalued.

Dot.com bubble MK2.

Alexa, Siri & Google Home are much better as they are eavesdropping technology.

1030556331_StuartReplaceRobin-Alexa.png.22768eb5d96c31377cc55560e610fa4d.png

In the 21st Century it is entirely a probability you will end up a DOSBODS.

'Amazon has filed a patent that could allow its Echo devices to one day listen in on conversations to help with user recommendations. '

Stuart, dump her a buy an Amazon Siri Robo-Jizzer Tm.

All Amazon need to do is add a vibrating mode to Alexa then women can dump their men and have endless discussions & sex all day long with their Alexa.

Inevitably women will end up in a heated argument with Alexa, will want to know where the relationship is going, shut down, not respond to Alexa and then eventually will run off with Siri.

Will Alexa get the home? Tune in next week to find out.

A good example of the difference between gleaning news from legacy news media compared to new media would be Trump stories.

For those surfing FB, Twitter, bloggers on Youtube, and forums, they can be spectacularly misinformed.

You really can't substitute an army of fully trained journalists, correspondents, and full-time news professionals, with amateurs on the internet posting fake news in their pyjamas.

Even a simple story like the dirty tricks leading up to the accidental election of Donald Trump.

Fake news online claims the Democrats were collecting dirt on Trump, aided by UK spies and the Clintons. xD

BBC/ITV/ SKY/CNN report the truth suggested to be the complete opposite. Trump colluding with Russia, the e-mail hacking, all to help win the US Presidency unfairly against Hillary. So what if they have no proof. At least they are neutral to both sides.

I'm not sure 'social media' is really useful to anyone.

News should be left to professionals.

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

Coffee houses.

Pubs.

People are organising.

Pol are too used to having the monopoly on being in charge. They are not.

Stuff like Brexit and the EU migration fuck up shows that the political bodies are so far away from the plebs that representative democracy has probably had its day.

Esp. i n the interweb days.

The internet was the 'genie out of the bottle' moment. It can never be put back no matter what the establishment try to do. No matter what restrictions they put in place, the people will find a way around it. So the elite are ramping up the useful idiots to try and scare people into compliance. Again, won't work. Either the big corporations who currently support the far left accept this change and work with it or there will be serious consciences later on (I'm picturing rich people dangling from lamp posts - we aren't there yet. But if they keep pushing...)

18 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC/ITV/ SKY/CNN report the truth suggested to be the complete opposite. Trump colluding with Russia, the e-mail hacking, all to help win the US Presidency unfairly against Hillary. So what if they have no proof. At least they are neutral to both sides.

I'm not sure 'social media' is really useful to anyone.

News should be left to professionals.

Gongrats on trolling me again - I got to para 6 before I realised B|