• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Prison

Interesting article in the So-Called BBC feature thang.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/Lost_in_a_system

Been thru this sort of shit with cousin and brothers.

Random thoughts.

One, some people inc. My cousin should not be let bear drugs. Theyll fuck it up. Fortunately cuz manages to stay the right side of drug use if not the law. This guy didnt.

If the experience of being inside is not a big wake up to change your ways then im not sure what is. Prisons do have quite a lit of total scummers in, most prisoners are only there as theyve been caught. If you were sort to be bullied at school or wslk away from fights then you are not going to have a good time of it inside.

Prisons boring as fuck 99% of time. With 1% of terror and chaos.

Dont do spice. Really dont. Dont even smoke in prison. Slippery slope.

Id call BS on this bloke mental issues. Brutal honesty - hes been indulged by his parents 'been to india 3 times in his early 20s' ffs. People like this will smoke and shoot themselves to death. Parents are blaming the system. Blames a lot closer to home, theyve facilated a waster.

Bollox to smoking dope as teen. Unless facilated by parents kids dont have enough cash to do much damage with weed.

Prison officers. Having women prison officers in a male prison is a fucking disaster. Ditto having weedy blokes. Male prisons are rough places. Not a place for equal ops. Lots of ex squaddies, PO is a tradional squaddy job. Short staffing is due to wondn po being off sick - public sector women gave way too many sick days.

Prison close to London..... Not said is it? Bbc an all. Theres a massive issue with violent black gangs. Start kicking non native blacks on bendfits out. Reform London housing benefit so you dont get scum festering in social housing.

Bloke in article, died outdidr, choked on puke - booze.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

wondn po being off sick - public sector women gave way too many sick days.

Here, public sector women (and men, but women outnumber men 3:1) know how to play the system.

Learning how to maximise flexi, manipulate holiday and sick days entitlement, and the pecking order for bank holiday rota, wtcs, maternity, paternity, sports days, private days, support days, counseling, training days, expenses. The art of knowing the system inside out, how to play which managers what way, how far to push them, is a science.

They watch each other like a hawk, making sure they aren't losing out. This is more important than the actual job.

The cliche mindset is real, work as little as possible, sit out redundancies and reorganisations, bag an early retirement or enhanced redundancy package. Hang on for the pension.

If it wasn't for the pension they would already be full time Spoons socialites.

The jealousy and in-fighting is epic.

Council, NHS, DWP, HMRC, Passport Agency, police, teachers, especially teachers. Not prison, that's private.

The prison women are Sumo size, buzzcuts, tattoos, Cell Block H prototypes. Suspect some have knobs and knackers. 

Men don't seem to want to work in the prison, not as wardens, the job appeals to women. Maybe they like the idea of controlling men ?

Welcome to Wales. The home of zombie public sector.

5 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Here, public sector women (and men, but women outnumber men 3:1) know how to play the system.

Learning how to maximise flexi, manipulate holiday and sick days entitlement, and the pecking order for bank holiday rota, wtcs, maternity, paternity, sports days, private days, support days, counseling, training days, expenses. The art of knowing the system inside out, how to play which managers what way, how far to push them, is a science.

They watch each other like a hawk, making sure they aren't losing out. This is more important than the actual job.

The cliche mindset is real, work as little as possible, sit out redundancies and reorganisations, bag an early retirement or enhanced redundancy package. Hang on for the pension.

If it wasn't for the pension they would already be full time Spoons socialites.

The jealousy and in-fighting is epic.

Council, NHS, DWP, HMRC, Passport Agency, police, teachers, especially teachers. Not prison, that's private.

The prison women are Sumo size, buzzcuts, tattoos, Cell Block H prototypes. Suspect some have knobs and knackers. 

Men don't seem to want to work in the prison, not as wardens, the job appeals to women. Maybe they like the idea of controlling men ?

Welcome to Wales. The home of zombie public sector.

Cuz was in Hull. Its public. And PO gender appeared 50.50.

Maybe the solution is strict 10d sick day limit over 24 months.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Maybe the solution is strict 10d sick day limit over 24 months.

Prisons are a different case probably because of attacks on staff.

Setting that aside, the 'golden key' appears to be stress related illness. Generally caused by reaction to workload. That's perceived workload, usually following reorganisation. Teachers seem to be an odd case, the public typically believes they have the life of Riley - all those holidays! Yet John Lewis and M&S are full of ex-teachers that left because of 'increasing workload'. Unlike say nurses, who swear blind they are rushed off their feet day-in day out, but they don't leave NHS - unless they emigrate to Oz or NZ.

Public sector unions would never accept capped sick days, not in Wales anyway. Our default stasis is depression.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Prisons boring as fuck 99% of time. With 1% of terror and chaos.

Prison officers. Having women prison officers in a male prison is a fucking disaster. Ditto having weedy blokes. Male prisons are rough places. Not a place for equal ops. Lots of ex squaddies, PO is a tradional squaddy job. Short staffing is due to wondn po being off sick - public sector women gave way too many sick days.

Prison close to London..... Not said is it? Bbc an all. Theres a massive issue with violent black gangs. Start kicking non native blacks on bendfits out. Reform London housing benefit so you dont get scum festering in social housing.

Bloke in article, died outdidr, choked on puke - booze.

Prison is chaos and potential terror all the time ... you dont get your own cell thus no chance of solely being bored.

Women prisoners can give people banged up a different mindset to talk to, but i agree the men should be intimidating. If a female screw gets a hiding the person would be deemed a nonce and get what comes with that.

More likely to get a coshing off the local scrawny lunatic who doesnt give as fuck.

The Victorians built these prisons for 1 prisoner per cell, they now they have 2 or 3 in them ... being banged up with a smack head or some lunatic YP young prisoner or the local villains is inevitably going to cause violence even for those intent on keeping their head down. Need to get back to 1 prisoner per cell

4 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Prisons are a different case probably because of attacks on staff.

Setting that aside, the 'golden key' appears to be stress related illness. Generally caused by reaction to workload. That's perceived workload, usually following reorganisation. Teachers seem to be an odd case, the public typically believes they have the life of Riley - all those holidays! Yet John Lewis and M&S are full of ex-teachers that left because of 'increasing workload'. Unlike say nurses, who swear blind they are rushed off their feet day-in day out, but they don't leave NHS - unless they emigrate to Oz or NZ.

Public sector unions would never accept capped sick days, not in Wales anyway. Our default stasis is depression.

MnS and JL are full of ex teachers because we train loads.

And when they drop out of teaching there are few takers of people with a 3rd class geography degree.

20 odd years ago you could make a case that Nurse would be paid beter working in a shop. Even then, you had to ignore the pension, which is significant, worth 30-50% of tge salary.

These days? Nah. Even a trainee nurse gets paid more than a shop assistant, assumimg you can find a shop assistant.

As i tell teachers when i get the Id be better paid doing x - No you wont, even if you get the job.

5 minutes ago, Banned said:

Prison is chaos and potential terror all the time ... you dont get your own cell thus no chance of solely being bored.

Women prisoners can give people banged up a different mindset to talk to, but i agree the men should be intimidating. If a female screw gets a hiding the person would be deemed a nonce and get what comes with that.

More likely to get a coshing off the local scrawny lunatic who doesnt give as fuck.

The Victorians built these prisons for 1 prisoner per cell, they now they have 2 or 3 in them ... being banged up with a smack head or some lunatic YP young prisoner or the local villains is inevitably going to cause violence even for those intent on keeping their head down. Need to get back to 1 prisoner per cell

No. I asked that.

Screws m or f are fair game.

But youd have to be loon to attack one.

There was a minor prison riot when my cuz was in. He and sensible prisoners found a quiet safe place to sit it out.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No. I asked that.

Screws m or f are fair game.

But youd have to be loon to attack one.

There was a minor prison riot when my cuz was in. He and sensible prisoners found a quiet safe place to sit it out.

So if your cousin was banged  up with some spiced out absolute nutcase who he could not stand for 23 hours a day how is that not potential terror? Best you can get in jail is a smackhead with a methadone prescription as smackheads are chilled out and most couldnt kick the skin off a rice pudding.

Hitting women is not the thing to do in jail, being in for a crime against a women in any variety can be enough to get you a hiding.

It isnt you attacking them, its them coming after you and youve got to defend yourself, just walking past someone can be enough to get you into a fight.

There is no where to go when there is a riot all he'd have done is not join in and stayed in his cell.

3 minutes ago, Banned said:

So if your cousin was banged  up with some spiced out absolute nutcase who he could not stand for 23 hours a day how is that not potential terror? Best you can get in jail is a smackhead with a methadone prescription as smackheads are chilled out and most couldnt kick the skin off a rice pudding.

Hitting women is not the thing to do in jail, being in for a crime against a women in any variety can be enough to get you a hiding.

It isnt you attacking them, its them coming after you and youve got to defend yourself, just walking past someone can be enough to get you into a fight.

There is no where to go when there is a riot all he'd have done is not join in and stayed in his cell.

Spice was chronic.

Smackheads attract trouble. Either getting in debt or stealing stuff. Avoid.

He was locked up but you can walk about inside the block.

Crimes against kids and women put you on lowest level of prison respect.

Attacking women PO is ignored by pridoners. They dont care.

As far as riot went, they went and sat in a cell way away. Pick your valuable stuff up and leg it as far away as the block allows.

What should prison be like though? Is it a place where prisoners are given therapy to stop commiting crime? Is it a place where brutal prison wardens terrorise prisoners so they don't want to come back? Is it a place where prisoners are placed until they die?

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

What should prison be like though? Is it a place where prisoners are given therapy to stop commiting crime? Is it a place where brutal prison wardens terrorise prisoners so they don't want to come back? Is it a place where prisoners are placed until they die?

This is the question,  most people are in jail for relatively minor crimes and will be out in weeks or months, is it even worth locking them up as its stops them bettering themselves, but should they continue to get off youll have anarchy.

If it was all nonces, murderers and granny beating burglars i'd say quadruple the sentence and let them ruin each other, sadly its not  .. its fukwits like that guy on a speedboat who accidentally killed someone, does he deserve 3 years of hell or somewhere reasonable where he will come out and be a decent member of society or come out beaten and battered with a drug addiction he needs to go out thieving to feed his habit.

Norwegian prisons have the lowest amount of reoffenders in the world, and they look like a holiday park to me.

8 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Probably mostly just warehousing for people with mental health issues, in reality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6002079/ISIS-terrorist-jailed-murder-plot-Prince-George-stabbed-jail.html

its hell for the RoPers. I feel for the guy.

The comments are atrocious, a man of god is attacked for just admiring royalty and football and they all sarcastically point out what a shame it is, im writing to my local MP to get him shifted to an open prison near me so i can visit him and take new prayer mats and other stuff in to ease his plight.

Edited by leonardratso
just added more lies.

6 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

And people complain that there are not enough happy articles in newspapers nowadays!

He'll be alright he only has another 24.5 years to go.:D

Edited by Banned

6 minutes ago, Banned said:

This is the question,  most people are in jail for relatively minor crimes and will be out in weeks or months, is it even worth locking them up as its stops them bettering themselves, but should they continue to get off youll have anarchy.

If it was all nonces, murderers and granny beating burglars i'd say quadruple the sentence and let them ruin each other, sadly its not  .. its fukwits like that guy on a speedboat who accidentally killed someone, does he deserve 3 years of hell or somewhere reasonable where he will come out and be a decent member of society or come out beaten and battered with a drug addiction he needs to go out thieving to feed his habit.

Norwegian prisons have the lowest amount of reoffenders in the world, and they look like a holiday park to me.

Seemingly something like 50% of prisoners commit another crime within a year of leaving jail. You can read that two ways, either prison isn't "curing" people or prisoners should be locked up for longer.

If it was up to me, I'd have "nice" jails for first time offenders and bad prisons for repeat offenders. Realistically someone commiting crime in their forties isn't going to change their ways and should be locked up for life.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

Realistically someone commiting crime in their forties isn't going to change their ways and should be locked up for life.

But if theyre just thieving to buy drugs why not just give them the drugs. Heroin will cost sweet FA if bought at source by a govt.

2 minutes ago, Banned said:

But if theyre just thieving to buy drugs why not just give them the drugs. Heroin will cost sweet FA if bought at source by a govt.

The NHS etc already give methadone to druggies. My parents sometimes go to the chemist and junkies come in for their methadone fix. Seemingly the junkies get to skip the queue and get served first. IMHO, when junkies get better service than law abiding folk something is wrong wrong with society.

I'd be happy enough if the government handed out heroin. On the understanding that  junkies don't get other healthcare as well.... 

11 minutes ago, Banned said:

They do though: methadone to registered users.

Either it's not enough, there are too many hoops to jump through for a junkie, or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The NHS etc already give methadone to druggies. My parents sometimes go to the chemist and junkies come in for their methadone fix. Seemingly the junkies get to skip the queue and get served first. IMHO, when junkies get better service than law abiding folk something is wrong wrong with society.

I'd be happy enough if the government handed out heroin. On the understanding that  junkies don't get other healthcare as well.... 

Well... not skip queue. They have fixed times.

As soon as a counter assistant sees them, theyll be priority just to get rid asap.

The thing that annoys me with the methadone thing is it needs to be fone on the cindition the junky holds a job down. These people would do anything for a fix - bar work.

like my old man used to say 'just shovel it into them'. I can see his point, od'ing the junkys is probably a much cheaper option that taking care of them and trying to wean them off.

Of course the best solution is to taint the govt supplied heroin with novichok just incase the junky is of hardy constitution and keeps coming back for mo'.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Probably mostly just warehousing for people with mental health issues, in reality.

a lot is i agree,prison officers will stand and pretty much watch them destroy there cell and cause thousands of pounds in damage.at a place like mine we can go in overpower them and IM them by force.ie knock out injection its a last resort but we can do it .

46 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They do though: methadone to registered users.

Either it's not enough, there are too many hoops to jump through for a junkie, or whatever.

Obviously heroin is better (somehow) to its users than methadone? (Gives them a better result?)

I agree with idea of 'nice' (helpful) jail for a 1st offence. (If t wasn't not too awful a crime.)

But repeaters need to be treated as either being thick scum or else mentally ill and given longer terms to keep the rest of us safe, (Possibly need to give the trouble makers a chem cosh to let them survive inside together without killing each other?)

At some point we have to accept that career criminals have lost their rights in society - not sure when the line is crossed but there should be a point of no return/forgiveness?  (With some provision for exceptional pardons for good behaviour/change of direction etc.) And that we can't just let the mentally ill wander about until they hurt or kill someone.

Current system doesn't seem to be working. Too many single parents & various "no-hopers" totally relying on benefits to live and feeling entitled to make poor choices and then be supported by others.  And too many youths with no chance of a productive life. 

Lack of social cohesion is on the increase along with rising violence.  (Hate/resentment/despair is brewing.) 

But it's VERY hard to come up with a new "system" which would not be cruel, which would allow for compassion, social mobility and which would not tend to become corrupt.  So I don't have the answers.  I just think we need more sticks than carrots and then we need to make sure everyone in society has a fair chance of success.

Can't make my mind up on legalising of all drugs either. Fine to take drugs out of criminal hands and if only bought by the odd weirdo.  But not OK if primary aged kids (potentially yours and mine) end up on crack?  (As they seems to be able to get fags and booze these days quite easily.) Also crims will just end up trading in something else or killing passers by for their phones if they can't make money on drugs?

Edited by whocares