• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Reginald D Hunter

I think hes about as funny as a kick in the cock. Sorry.

I've changed, and so have "they".

I look back at all the comedy from the 90s and early noughties, and i still like most of it, but nearly all of the protagonists are now utterly unbearable.

Simon Pegg and his female chum from Spaced being two of the most obvious. A pair of arseholes.

Exceptions being Chris Morris (and nearly all of his cohorts) and Sean Lock.

1 minute ago, shindigger said:

I think hes about as funny as a kick in the cock. Sorry.

I've changed, and so have "they".

I look back at all the comedy from the 90s and early noughties, and i still like most of it, but nearly all of the protagonists are now utterly unbearable.

Simon Pegg and his female chum from Spaced being two of the most obvious. A pair of arseholes.

Exceptions being Chris Morris (and nearly all of his cohorts) and Sean Lock.

I kind of agree but he isn’t pushing a political narrative in this, just taking in the scene and listening to the music. 

His Deep South on was better though 

Just now, One percent said:

I kind of agree but he isn’t pushing a political narrative in this, just taking in the scene and listening to the music. 

His Deep South on was better though 

Ok. Sorry.

Back to the main feature. :)

Rich Hall did a similar thing i think. He's ok.

5 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I think he’s pretty funny. I would watch him do a set if I knew it was on.

Rich Hall is brilliant.

I remember one of his best lines was

There's a party at my house, there's gonna be drinkin dancin fuckin an fightin.

Who's coming?

Just you and me.

All in the delivery...

Stewart Lee on now. 15 years ago, i thought he was the funniest man around.

Now i think he's an insufferable bell end, along with all his self congratulatory audience.

10 minutes ago, dgul said:

He's put on a lot of weight.  And isn't funny.

Never was in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Stewart Lee on now. 15 years ago, i thought he was the funniest man around.

Now i think he's an insufferable bell end, along with all his self congratulatory audience.

Never was in my opinion. 

I can do famous...Just over two years ago, I was next to him in a shop in Prestatyn..

Edited by Dave Beans

8 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I like him too. He isn't an SJW - his PFA speech was brilliant. The fact he's black means he can get away with it which he openly admits. 

You cant get away with being black for long.

He'll soon be shot by the police ...

How about a list of comedians that Dosbodders find funny? There are so few around today for me that I don't bother watching modern comedies or stand up shows.  I'd rather have acid in my face than watch Live At The Apollo. 

10 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

How about a list of comedians that Dosbodders find funny? There are so few around today for me that I don't bother watching modern comedies or stand up shows.  I'd rather have acid in my face than watch Live At The Apollo. 

Billy Connolly for me and not sure if this counts but Larry David and Curb.  One of the few non PC comedies out there.

41 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Billy Connolly for me and not sure if this counts but Larry David and Curb.  One of the few non PC comedies out there.

I remember Channel 4 heavily plugging 'Curb Your Enthusiam' when the series first aired. I suppose they dropped it after a series or 2 due to the un-PC close to the knuckle content of the show.

My favourite comedians? For meit's probably the late great Rik Mayall and Rowan Atkinson.

1 hour ago, montecristo said:

I'm a massive fan of Seinfeld (tv show), so knew about LD before his own show. Once you watch Curb you soon realise the massive impact he had on Seinfeld. I think what allows him to be a bit non-pc, he is filthly rich from Seinfeld royalties and that HBO gives him a free reign. I can't imagine he would be able to get away with what he does on network tv.

2 hours ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I'm a massive fan of Seinfeld (tv show), so knew about LD before his own show. Once you watch Curb you soon realise the massive impact he had on Seinfeld. I think what allows him to be a bit non-pc, he is filthly rich from Seinfeld royalties and that HBO gives him a free reign. I can't imagine he would be able to get away with what he does on network tv.

He's the only genuinely non-PC comedian who could even vaguely be considered mainstream these days.

Who else could do a whole story arc about living under a fatwa? 

Or the 'palestinian chicken' episode?

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Morecombe and Wise, I rather watch them anyday rather than some modern comedians. I've not watched Curb your enthusiasm - shall look it out.