• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Stocking up / Prepping

As suggested by the linked story I can see that there will be some temporary shortages following Brexit owing to ongoing wranglings and this will inevitably be worsened by the usual panic buying.

I would suggest that all DOSBODers take their usual position of being ahead of the curve and start building up some long term supplies now.

I think we have some preppers here so if someone would be good enough to suggest a good basic listing of supplies and volumes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6003837/Plans-drawn-troops-deliver-food-Britain-leaves-EU-without-deal.html

Yes i am certain those EU food producers will stop selling us food, and pharmaceutical companies will follow suit with medicines, then everyone else in the world will do the same so the only people we can trade with are the Martians.

I will stock up on fuck all, but it is a reminder to never vote Tory under Treason May she really is a thick fucken idiot surrounded by thick fucken idiots.

Edited by Banned

Agreed Frank.  I’ve been doing it for years.  Fray Bentos pies in my understairs cupboard.  Plus corned beef and tinned salmon.  I’ve tried stockpiling wine but sadly it gets drunk.

Can you give us an idea of when these shortages will begin please?

Will this include fruit and veg from Africa and South America along with the finest in goods from Lidl and Aldi? Should we be buying Tesco shares as the shelves on Lidl and Aldi go empty?

I find this all terribly badly timed as I decided to eat into my emergency supply several weeks back and am now down to my last tin of tuna. Not a tin of baked beans anywhere near.

Isn't this all FUD by May and her frankly sickening pro-EU bias?

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

As suggested by the linked story I can see that there will be some temporary shortages following Brexit owing to ongoing wranglings and this will inevitably be worsened by the usual panic buying.

I would suggest that all DOSBODers take their usual position of being ahead of the curve and start building up some long term supplies now.

I think we have some preppers here so if someone would be good enough to suggest a good basic listing of supplies and volumes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6003837/Plans-drawn-troops-deliver-food-Britain-leaves-EU-without-deal.html

I will stock up on ventolin (even though it is made in Surrey).

Oh bugger. I can't. :wanker:

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

I will stock up on ventolin (even though it is made in Surrey).

Oh bugger. I can't. :wanker:

I know a bloke in Wales who can let you have some, wink wink, for a price.

It probably means that you will have to sleep with me though. I like bedtime stories as well.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Joking aside.  Propaganda on the part of Remain.  They are desperate for a second referendum however I do think the Leave vote will be even greater.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I know a bloke in Wales who can let you have some, wink wink, for a price.

It probably means that you will have to sleep with me though. I like bedtime stories as well.

How can you get it so easily in Wales? I can get crack cocaine easier round here.

Just now, Ina said:

Joking aside.  Propaganda on the part of Remain.  They are desperate for a second referendum however I do think the Leave vote will be even greater.

I’m convinced that they know this, so won’t go for a second referendum. If they do, I expect the vote rigging to be on a level with a third world junta republic. 

Sorry frank...  

back on topic, I now have enough chicken tikka dhansak to keep me going for a month. 

7 minutes ago, Ina said:

Agreed Frank.  I’ve been doing it for years.  Fray Bentos pies in my understairs cupboard.  Plus corned beef and tinned salmon.  I’ve tried stockpiling wine but sadly it gets drunk.

Would you like the Malvinas islands back?

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

How can you get it so easily in Wales? I can get crack cocaine easier round here.

I don't know but you just reminded me that I need to order some more. I may starve in the coming end of the UK but at least I should be able to breathe.... as long as it does not get too hot.

I shall be getting a couple of extra months worth of Dipsy juniors prescription meds. Tend to have a reasonable supply of canned goods/bottled water/dried goods so not so worried about those.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I don't know but you just reminded me that I need to order some more. I may starve in the coming end of the UK but at least I should be able to breathe.... as long as it does not get too hot.

Where do you order from?  I’m looking for a cheap supplier. 

I am not convinced by the scare stories but that doesn't really matter. If enough other people believe them, there will be panic buying leading to a self fulfilling prophesy.

On that basis alone it is probably worth panicking early.

None of the major retailers have spoken with their suppliers about stockpiles. I’m at the level in the food industry where these conversations would be had. Only primary producers (growers) would have the sort of storage capacity required. Everyone else operates on a JIT model. 

Edited by Horrified Onlooker
Clarity

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I am not convinced by the scare stories but that doesn't really matter. If enough other people believe them, there will be panic buying leading to a self fulfilling prophesy.

I dont think anyone truly believes this nonsense, its just shooting themselves in the foot.

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Thank you!

I assumed everybody knew that I am 100% for Brexit and think that it will be beneficial long term but short term disruption to supply chains seems inevitable IMO because of the scale of the change.  And then people panic buy which exaggerates the problems.

I was going to start buying a few extra non-perishables each week as I am fortunate to have the storage space.

9 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

None of the major retailers have spoken with their suppliers about stockpiles. I’m at the level in the food industry where these conversations would be had. Only primary producers (growers) would have the sort of storage capacity required. Everyone else operates on a JIT model. 

Excellent. A man in the inside.

So just one question. Will you be stocking up on some items?