• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

mooncat69

Pride and Prejudice

I'm camping in Brighton at the moment (in a tent). Apparently, there is a big Pride event at the weekend. A lot of the tents and caravans are covered in Pride flags and fairy lights, while others have *huge* Pride flags, plus some other weird flags related to BDSM, so I'm told.

In town, it feels like every other shop has a Pride flag, or have even modified their corporate logos. Wagamama has even changed its placemats to rainbows with great inclusive words of wisdom. There was a wall where some people were painting usual SJW stuff. I'm not convinced they actually had the rights to do that, but hey ho.

At first, I was vaguely amused, but now it's just annoying. It's not exactly revolutionary declaring your sexuality in a known tolerant area because, quite frankly, noone else gives a toss.

1 minute ago, mooncat69 said:

I'm camping in Brighton at the moment (in a tent). Apparently, there is a big Pride event at the weekend. A lot of the tents and caravans are covered in Pride flags and fairy lights, while others have *huge* Pride flags, plus some other weird flags related to BDSM, so I'm told.

In town, it feels like every other shop has a Pride flag, or have even modified their corporate logos. Wagamama has even changed its placemats to rainbows with great inclusive words of wisdom. There was a wall where some people were painting usual SJW stuff. I'm not convinced they actually had the rights to do that, but hey ho.

At first, I was vaguely amused, but now it's just annoying. It's not exactly revolutionary declaring your sexuality in a known tolerant area because, quite frankly, noone else gives a toss.

Does anyone anywhere give a toss who's shagging who?

Sorry forgot about the morons watching love island.

1 hour ago, mooncat69 said:

not long ago since it was illegal and still some prejudice so can see the need to remember/celebrate, nature of the beast for it to be done in a non hetero manner

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

not long ago since it was illegal and still some prejudice so can see the need to remember/celebrate, nature of the beast for it to be done in a non hetero manner

It was illegal

Then it was legal.

Then it became  acceptable

Then it had rights

When will it become compulsory?

I have to admit I think Pride is counter productive to the gay rights "cause". The image that it portrays isn't one I'd want to be associated with if I were gay,  eg all gay men like to dress up in leather and act like hyper sexualized perverts making tits out of themselves. Quite why people willingly go to watch that I'll never know. 

Isn't it all rather backward and regressive if their intention is to create equality with heterosexual people? 

4 minutes ago, Option5 said:

It was illegal

Then it was legal.

Then it became  acceptable

Then it had rights

When will it become compulsory?

it's perfectly natural, otherwise it would have died out, you'll know your own sexuality, there's no compulsion

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

it's perfectly natural, otherwise it would have died out, you'll know your own sexuality, there's no compulsion

Agreed, I'm a lesbian

Unfortunately I'm trapped in a man's body

Disclaimer, this is a joke not intended to offend O.o

I thought it prudent to get breakdown insurance recently as driving big distances.

I went onto the AA site and it said....Proud to be supporting Gay Pride on it's front page with a rainbow across the normal yellow.

I don't care whether someone's straight or gay...but joined the RAC instead.    Pathetic that the AA thought we should care.

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

I thought it prudent to get breakdown insurance recently as driving big distances.

I went onto the AA site and it said....Proud to be supporting Gay Pride on it's front page with a rainbow across the normal yellow.

I don't care whether someone's straight or gay...but joined the RAC instead.    Pathetic that the AA thought we should care.

Some nob in the PR department will have suggested it and nobody will have had the balls to say 'no, thats a silly idea. We sell breakdown insurance not amyl nitrate.' 

That's how all this sjw bollocks occurs. It takes just one person in an organisation to wreak havoc on the culture. That's how we get priests advocating for Islam, Girl Guides getting 'End Period Poverty' badges and men competing in women's weightlifting competitions. 

We all need to learn to use the word NO. 

gay people are less tolerant than you think,im a lepper at work with some of them because i admit i will fuck anyone going dont want a seriese relationship and its my life im going to have has much fun has i want or can get away with,i put my own enjoyment of life first.at the moment its not illegal to lie on badoo or pof or omit certain things ie girlfriends.i deride marrage which pisses the gays off has i quote its only a matter of time before i can marry a cactus should i so choose,even the africans be they muslim or christain laugh at this ie dont disagree,marrage has basicly been erroded by gay rights in this country.its a trap no benifit at all to a man.and its even dafter to let a woman move in with you if your buying/bought one.

Edited by stokiescum

2 hours ago, Option5 said:

Agreed, I'm a lesbian

Unfortunately I'm trapped in a man's body

Disclaimer, this is a joke not intended to offend O.o

Too late. Speaking for the DOSBODs trans lesbian community I am deeply shocked. If there is compensation in it then I am traumatised as well.

8 hours ago, snaga said:

surely the rainbow flag is a symbol of islamaphobia and therefore will be banned under the new hate speech laws we're expecting?

Surely the rainbow is a symbol of the Prophet Noah, and as such, should be cherished by our Salafist Brothers?

An anecdote for you:

It took place around the time of the Teddy Bear Blasphemy incident in Sudan. The one that felt more like a badly written Monty Python sketch which had been rejected due to its loss of grip on reality. I was in one of the Gulf states at the time, and the local Salafists were quoted in the English-speaking press saying that Islam's prophets were a serious topic and shouldn't be trivialised as toys. So, I popped into some toyshops to do a little research, and yes, you guessed it - you could buy a Noah's Ark!

7 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Too late. Speaking for the DOSBODs trans lesbian community I am deeply shocked. If there is compensation in it then I am traumatised as well.

For compensation claims I'd recommend Bona Law. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

Heterosexuality is perfectly natural too. As far as I'm aware, there has never been a 'heterosexual pride' day. 

Frankly, I'm not interested in other people's sex lives. I don't even buy Hello/Celeb gossip magazines. 

1 minute ago, Charles Carter said:

Heterosexuality is perfectly natural too. As far as I'm aware, there has never been a 'heterosexual pride' day. 

Frankly, I'm not interested in other people's sex lives. I don't even buy Hello/Celeb gossip magazines. 

Sex is natural. Who you do what to, provided they agree, is nobody else's business, are you listening Peter Tatchell?

12 hours ago, Wahoo said:

I went to the Argos website a few times in the last few weeks and noticed that their logo is in the rainbow colours. I wonder if these companies are taking it a bit too far? Their gay and lesbian client base can't be any more than 9 or 10% I'd guess.

Incidentally there was a Pride event in my home city of Norwich last Saturday. 

your missing the point, its a marketing ploy, i doubt argos or anyone else could give a flying fuck about the pride colours and rainbows or gays/lesbians etc, they just want you to feel included because they want your money. They would tell the elephant man he was a handsome devil if he bought shit off them.