• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Virgil Caine

Get Rich Or Die Young

Amazingly I am actually watching the So-Called BBC tonight because Panorama is discussing life expectancy in the UK a topic I have been studying for a few years now. Being the So-Called BBC needless to say they are coming at the issue on their usual hobby horses about inequality,  poverty and  public spending etc. I think that oversimplifies the issue greatly. However, the topic does merit some hard questions because the statistics show that year on year life expectancy improved in the UK from the 1880s to the middle of the first decade of the 21st century before it came to a shuddering halt and now seems to be in decline. To put that in perspective the statistics show that despite the slaughter of the Great War, the 1930s Depression and the Second World War the the average Briton of each generation in the 20th century could expect to live longer than their parents. While now in the 21at century during a time of relative peace that is no longer the case. That increase in life expectancy in the 20th century happened under governments of all political persuasions and grew as quickly under pre war and pre welfare state Tory governments as it it did the post war Labour government so I don't think this is simply a political issue . Clearly something pretty major has broken in  British society  

Edited by Virgil Caine

2 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Amazingly I am actually watching the So-Called BBC tonight because Panorama is discussing life expectancy in the UK a topic I have been studying for a few years now. Being the So-Called BBC needless to say they are coming at the issue on their usual hobby horses about inequality,  poverty and  public spending etc. I think that oversimplifies the issue greatly. However, the topic does merit some hard questions because the statistics show that year on year life expectancy improved in the UK from the 1880s to the middle of the first decade of the 21st century before it came to a shuddering halt and now seems to be in decline. To put that in perspective the statistics show that despite the slaughter of the Great War, the 1930s Depression and the Second World War the the average Briton of each generation in the 20th century could expect to live longer than their parents. While now in the 21at century during a time of relative peace that is no longer the case. That increase in life expectancy in the 20th century happened under governments of all political persuasions and grew as quickly under pre war and pre welfare state Tory governments as it it did the post war Labour government so I don't think this is simply a political issue . Clearly something pretty major has broken in  British society  

I’d put my money on stress/feelings of hopelessness/no life prospects/inhumane workplaces/insecure jobs/destruction of communities/destruction of family life/extreme feminism/crap in the food chain/overeating/environmental pollution.

IMO life expectancy will continue to go down.

25 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Didn't we have a big thread on TOS where it was decided that all of the increases were down to a reduction in child mortality?

thats a valid point,but has many ropers marry there relitives and we have more of them theres more inbreeding and genetic problems that kill many young people.theres also a list of diseases that they cant do much with yet ie demwentia

3 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I’d put my money on stress/feelings of hopelessness/no life prospects/inhumane workplaces/insecure jobs/destruction of communities/destruction of family life/extreme feminism/crap in the food chain/overeating/environmental pollution.

Think you nailed it there but I would add, fast food, processed food, lack of cooking skills and over the counter medication to the list.

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

thats a valid point,but has many ropers marry there relitives and we have more of them theres more inbreeding and genetic problems that kill many young people.theres also a list of diseases that they cant do much with yet ie demwentia

Great word. I am sure I can get away with it in scrabble.

All I need now is a definition.

8 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Think you nailed it there but I would add, fast food, processed food, lack of cooking skills and over the counter medication to the list.

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

The adoption of a sedentary lifestyle. Sit at a computer all day at work, sit in front of a TV all evening, lie down all night. Insufficient activity.

I think the three posts above combined is what nails it. And they all go hand in hand, if you are lazy then junk food appeals. Also, if you are feeling down then the instant fix and high of sugar/junk food appeals.

Just now, One percent said:

Sexist if you don’t mind n:)

Surely female is a race.

I have much more in common with a male Muslim, but he is apparently a different race.

QED you must be an even more different race.

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

All I need now is a definition.

Demwentia is not a disease in itself - but a group of symptoms that may accompany a number of diseases that affect your brain.

Typically caused by working for or voting for Democrat Party in the United States. The belief in left-wing policies, sometimes referred to as 'progressive thinking' will degenerate brain activity. Leaving the most profound sufferers categorised in three recognised degrees of declining mental ability. 1) Idiot, 2) Imbecile, 3) Moron. In the most extreme cases sufferers exhibit full blown Social Justice Warrior syndrome. 

Demwentia origin: From the Greek Demos, and the Welsh slang for serving woman - Wench. Exclusively impairs females.

An example could be Hillary Clinton. 

Read more about demwentia here.

https://www.democrats.org/