• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

The bee and the beggar

I dont know about Manchester but I just got back from a weekend break in Oxford and I cannot remember seeing so many beggars in such a small area. More than in central London.

The place is packed with tourists of course but I suspect mainly it is due to the privileged, educated types living there... must make them feel good to help a beggar. There was one young girl, still asleep in a door way in the morning with four celophane wrapped baguettes waiting for her for her breakfast. If I ever fall on very hard times I'm heading for Oxford! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By sarahbell
      We’ve been named Employer of the Year at the 2019 Wales HR Awards, which recognises and celebrates the achievements of HR professionals across Wales.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/companies-house-named-employer-of-the-year-at-wales-hr-awards

• By sarahbell
      I watched the London fireworks on TV and listened to the enormous number of fireworks being set off in the distance.

This was apparently happening not far from me

• By sarahbell
      Yes foodbanks are actually a positive and a negative thing.

We should be pleased that people volunteer (apart from of course all the employees of Trussel trust and any others actually employed within them) their time doing collections, moving food about and the massive support from the people who actually donate the food.

But it's sad that we have to have them. 
      I wonder if they ever check the referrals are being made appropriately?