• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dipsy

New issue for lefties, cultural appropriation of food

27 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/01/restaurant-boycott-called-out-cultural-appropriation

Should I stop cooking my own curries - mine are probably more authentic than the crap served up in most curry houses - but I don't want to offend anyone? Do these people have nothing else to worry about?

has an example most indian resturants are acluly ran by pakis,have you ever heard anyone say they are off for a paki ?

1 minute ago, mattydread said:

Poppy needs to give her head a wobble. Pathetic lefty idiots 

Pathetic indeed. Who is she talking to? How many people in the whole of the UK give a flying fuck about this... 3 ?

I like eating out and have been working in the restaurant industry for years. Recently, a restaurant that I love going to was called out in the media because an employee was posting racist content and mocking the people from which the food he cooks originates. Lots of people came forward to accuse the restaurant of cultural appropriation, basically saying that white people ran the restaurant and benefited from another culture’s cuisine, whitewashing it for a quick buck.

What does that even mean?

It could be a Pakistani working in a fish 'n' chip shop slagging off the French for their fries, but serving curry sauce is cultural appropriation.

We need a fucking great war. If you're starving to death you won't give a flying where or what has been appropriated.

I wish there was some other way to end this lunacy but I no longer see one. :(

30 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Pathetic indeed. Who is she talking to? How many people in the whole of the UK give a flying fuck about this... 3 ?

What does that even mean?

It could be a Pakistani working in a fish 'n' chip shop slagging off the French for their fries, but serving curry sauce is cultural appropriation.

i fear for many people,if they cant handel shit like this .sadly i see it has the end of adult debate within 20 years,if you object your going to be stigmatised 

2 minutes ago, Kilham said:

We need a fucking great war. If you're starving to death you won't give a flying where or what has been appropriated.

It's mental isn't it. If we can't eat their fucking food then why are they here? (Not that I do eat their fucking food!)

26 minutes ago, Kilham said:

ironicly ive realized that the age of 52 i cant cook,never had need to nor an interest in it.i can happily eat beans from a tin and dunk the bread in it.even my toaster was used has a big cigg lighter till i stoped smokeing 2 years ago.well ive bought a deep fat fryer yesterday and discovered i can do chips,im thinking of a slow cooker next but that might be a step to far....

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

ironicly ive realized that the age of 52 i cant cook,never had need to nor an interest in it.i can happily eat beans from a tin and dunk the bread in it.even my toaster was used has a big cigg lighter till i stoped smokeing 2 years ago.well ive bought a deep fat fryer yesterday and discovered i can do chips,im thinking of a slow cooker next but that might be a step to far....

i havre a slow cooker. his names wong, he's a bit retarded. Bought him for 12pence on ebay. free p&p, but took 4 months to arrive.

3 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i fear for many people,if they cant handel shit like this .sadly i see it has the end of adult debate within 20 years,if you object your going to be stigmatised 

"If you object your going to be stigmatised" that was the past, this is the future. Poppy Noor and her ilk are just an echo from a bygone age. 

24 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

i havre a slow cooker. his names wong, he's a bit retarded. Bought him for 12pence on ebay. free p&p, but took 4 months to arrive.

can i borrow him for my days off,he can clean my car has well but only if he can act like a surley east european

23 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

"If you object your going to be stigmatised" that was the past, this is the future. Poppy Noor and her ilk are just an echo from a bygone age. 

my political views make hitler look like a liberal.i dont give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

You know that big bag of frozen Richmond sausages you can buy? Thro' 3 of them (frozen) in when you cook your chips and they all come out at the same time. Beautiful!

Here :- Sausages!

31 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

has an example most indian resturants are acluly ran by pakis,have you ever heard anyone say they are off for a paki ?

Bangladeshis not Pakis. There are some Pakistani restaurants around - e.g. the excellent Lahore Kebab House in Whitechapel - but the food is rather different and usually more authentic.

29 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Bangladeshis not Pakis. There are some Pakistani restaurants around - e.g. the excellent Lahore Kebab House in Whitechapel - but the food is rather different and usually more authentic.

if they are talking urdu its a clue they are pakis,your in london a true metropolis up here its mainly pakis pretending they are indian.

22 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Avoid Long Pig.

Eating other people is wrong, unless you are Polynesian.

You have been warned.

it tastes just like pork ,canabilism was rife even in europe ask the russians

14 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

You know that big bag of frozen Richmond sausages you can buy? Thro' 3 of them (frozen) in when you cook your chips and they all come out at the same time. Beautiful!

Here :- Sausages!

I see a problem here my freezer broke 16 months ago and i realizes i could live without one

image.jpg

24 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Doh! xD

more storage space though,i was thinking of useing the space to stockpile larger should they bring in minimum price per unit of alchol in,not far to move it either into the fridge

30 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

did you keep books in it?

ones ironicly by willibur smith called warlock based in africa lol.another is by m r james who i consider to be amongst the best english ghost story righters to have ever lived

#

Edited by stokiescum