DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

(The Madness of) Housing in UK

steppensheep

steppensheep

Thought this video was quite interesting.

On the actual info on section 106 (which actual law I was unaware of, although had noticed that a lot of housing development involved some sort of quid pro quo). Funny that disguising a tax to pay for local amenities actually contributes to hpi as long as it's disguised as part of the price, but if it was explicitly disclosed as a massive increase in stamp duty, would probably cause a crash.

And also the general idea that the economy and government finances are dependent on high house prices which no one can afford so the government has to prop them up to enable them to profit from them, so no one can afford them, so the government has to invent new subsidies... etc..

Tells us what we know but people like Shelter  love this 106 agreement as is helps build "affordable housing".

That 25bln in Housing Benefit will have to be decimated in the coming years if the govt are to be able to afford for example elderly peoples care.

Farmergiles

Yes, I worked on the construction of a primary school built by St Edwards Homes (Berkley) in Kensington. A free Academy and bribe for permission to build overpriced flats!

google maps

4 hours ago, Banned said:

Tells us what we know but people like Shelter  love this 106 agreement as is helps build "affordable housing".

That 25bln in Housing Benefit will have to be decimated in the coming years if the govt are to be able to afford for example elderly peoples care.

Someone asked if: have Oldham not moved to the Community infastructure Levy instead of section 106 payments? If the contractors have paid this and not a section 106 payment then it will go into an Oldham community pot not just for the surrounding area. 
Section 1
06 payments were only designed to mitigate issues caused by developments (ie, the contractor has to pay for a new roundabout, a park for kids that move in to their houses)

Great video!

So the leaseholders who bought those 77 'Maverick Development' flats in Finchley each contributed c.£22k to the new library? Jesus Christ! O.o

7 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Great video!

So the leaseholders who bought those 77 'Maverick Development' flats in Finchley each contributed c.£22k to the new library? Jesus Christ! O.o

And then the builder leases it back to the council, so they then pay higher council tax for the library.

You couldnt make this kind of shit up, no wonder the 10%ers are so desperate to keep the status quo.

sleepwello'nights
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:15, steppensheep said:

Thought this video was quite interesting.

Wow, One percent is in the workforce. 3.10 you can see her.

Totally ignores self builders who find it even more difficult that a small builder, who is likely to be a wealthy business owner, consider the financing costs necessary to build 100 houses a year.

I've frequently mentioned that finding a plot to build a single house around North Hampshire is tricky. If I wanted to build an estate of 40 houses upwards there's no end of land available. The Governments self build initiative has never got off the ground. I registered my interest when it was announced. Not heard a peep since.

I'm surprised S. 106 is so unknown. Its just typical of how government funnels opportunities to large businesses.  

One percent
7 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Wow, One percent is in the workforce. 3.10 you can see her.

Totally ignores self builders who find it even more difficult that a small builder, who is likely to be a wealthy business owner, consider the financing costs necessary to build 100 houses a year.

I've frequently mentioned that finding a plot to build a single house around North Hampshire is tricky. If I wanted to build an estate of 40 houses upwards there's no end of land available. The Governments self build initiative has never got off the ground. I registered my interest when it was announced. Not heard a peep since.

I'm surprised S. 106 is so unknown. Its just typical of how government funnels opportunities to large businesses.  

Very well spotted. I liked that avatar 

C9105B36-DD0B-4571-9970-A6EBB9412B4D.jpeg

PatronizingGit

A local builder round here was about to go bust in 2007 when he could no longer find anyone willing to bankroll his further borrowing, so he tried selling the development (6 detached houses on literal postage stamp plots) for £1.8million Half built, (or less) they were about to go to auction after lenders got tired of them sitting on the market for half a year, and then, heroically, rather than let them go to auction, probably to be sold for nearer £800k, get finished, and possibly sold on for nearer £250k instead of the end £4-500k) the local council stepped up, paid full asking, gave the spiv builder his profit and made the banks whole, and mothballed the development for a few years. In 2012 he bought it back off the local authority for...£1.5 million!

Nice work if you can get it. Taxpayers cough up £300k difference +costs, 6 families paid (more) through the nose, and a developer who was prudent and had cash ready to go in 2007 was probably cut out of proceedings.

On 02/08/2018 at 11:35, Banned said:

the real irony is they know that the less people that can buy an house the less they can confiscate in the future,at the moment auto enrollment for a pension isnt compulsory it will be soon.

Castlevania
On 04/08/2018 at 00:37, stokiescum said:

the real irony is they know that the less people that can buy an house the less they can confiscate in the future,at the moment auto enrollment for a pension isnt compulsory it will be soon.

You can opt out from a pension

26 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

at the moment yes,it only needs a change in the law.

4 hours ago, Castlevania said:

4 hours ago, stokiescum said:

at the moment yes,it only needs a change in the law.

Probably needs a thread of its own but the Lifetime ISA is dead in the water. I'm not surprised at this but the reasons the committee are looking at it are a bit troublesome. The same committee are looking at pensions too.

One percent
3 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Probably needs a thread of its own but the Lifetime ISA is dead in the water. I'm not surprised at this but the reasons the committee are looking at it are a bit troublesome. The same committee are looking at pensions too.

We can’t afford to give pensions to those who have contributed all their working lives. 

No, we need to give all that money to feckless breeders and gimmigrants. Far more important. 

Just now, One percent said:

We can’t afford to give pensions to those who have contributed all their working lives. 

No, we need to give all that money to feckless breeders and gimmigrants. Far more important. 

Essentially that's what they've said. Savers are too stupid, they don't understand how any of these vehicles work, and it's unfair on the poor and indebted. But schemes like Help to Save are the way forward.

One percent
Just now, Admiral Pepe said:

Essentially that's what they've said. Savers are too stupid, they don't understand how any of these vehicles work, and it's unfair on the poor and indebted. But schemes like Help to Save are the way forward.

Jesus. Wept. They are determined to make sure that the plebs are completely impoverished 

44 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

start one then,id struggle to start one eliquanly for such a seriese subject,ive opted out of the recent nest auto enrollment one.at the moment the goverment are bragging about the large uptake however the increases in contributions will see more and more opt out i think its 3% now ie of your top line due to increase to close to 8%,im nealy 53 i see no logic staying in it.this might be one reason minimum wage is going up has they are giveing with one hand and takeing with the other.im expecting it to be made compulsory basicly and god knows what goverments in the future will do with it once these schemes have billions of pounds acumilated,the most anoying bit is if pensions are means tested which im expecting in the future the imigrents and long term unemployed will end up winning yet again.

49 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

fantastic,more free cash to a small percentage of society.this is so wide open to fraud its unreal.id never heard of this scheeme so googled it and ive aready seen how it will be abused by certain sections of society.took me about 10 secands.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:35, Banned said:

That's an old video, its £27 billion now and will rise sucking funds from core services to pay rent..

and of course a large percentage of these rises in housing benefit will be from imported people.. We will all be working till we die to pay rent not just for ourselves, but anyone that has kids without money or just turns up on a boat wanting somewhere to live..

Your welcome, I will work till I drop! while the NHS I pay for, schools that I pay for, roads that I pay for collapse..

I get no benefits, never have done! I have 3 kids, pay so my landlord can sit on a beach all day whilst funding immigrants and single mums to sit on there useless bums all day!

I also fund the MP's private bars, food subsidies , 2nd homes, and bankers bonuses amongst others things..

I am so fuckin sick of the system!

In my grans block of 6 retirement flats only 2 flats speak English and 1 of them is my Gran.. We are importing people to retire! Russian, Korean, Sri Lanka and polish :PissedOff:

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:37, stokiescum said:

If your already living on the limit and shops are closing due to lack of spending.. how does taking more of your wage in pensions help the companies/the economy or yourself?

If people spend even less than they already do the collapse will come around much quicker!

Besides like BHS the scrupulous financial thieves will steal your pension contributions and move it to Monaco without being sent to prison of course.. As theft is legal if your rich! 

4 hours ago, macca said:

If your already living on the limit and shops are closing due to lack of spending.. how does taking more of your wage in pensions help the companies/the economy or yourself?

If people spend even less than they already do the collapse will come around much quicker!

Besides like BHS the scrupulous financial thieves will steal your pension contributions and move it to Monaco without being sent to prison of course.. As theft is legal if your rich! 

Because it's not money for our future selves.

The government needs our money to spend NOW.

The benevolent government is not salting away a percentage of our wages in an inflation proof scheme to grow to give back to us later in our retirement.

Nope, it's just like NI, it's for real-time spending.

Some other goverment can worry about whether the 'promise' is kept at the point when we retire.

We can just cross our fingers, or better, stick a middle one in the air.

Archived