• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
DTMark

The mysterious door to nowhere

Chatted to a guy recently who had just bought a one bed flat. It was a recent conversion of a large property to multiple units. He couldn't work out the difference in floor plan between upper and lower floors of his place  and decided to investigate and found one of the stud walls concealed a whole enclosed room with no entrances so he just knocked through and now has a two bedder, lucky bugger.

1 minute ago, onlyme said:

Chatted to a guy recently who had just bought a one bed flat. It was a recent conversion of a large property to multiple units. He couldn't work out the difference in floor plan between upper and lower floors of his place  and decided to investigate and found one of the stud walls concealed a whole enclosed room with no entrances so he just knocked through and now has a two bedder, lucky bugger.

Lucky him :)

I don't think there's another room behind it.

The photo above looks tampered with but it isn't. There does appear to be a free-standing door in the middle of the room.

That is bizarre. Didn't anyone notice.

I suspect it has been put there for some technical reason - dampen sound reverb possiblity or to block some sound that the mics were picking up.

Or something was reflecting that they could not move.

It is just a door stood behind the sofa isn't it?  

I can't see any hinges or a door post; it does look like it's just been positioned there.  Maybe hiding something off-putting behind it like maintenance works or the crew's dirty tea mugs.

99% of viewers wouldn't pick up on it; I wouldn't have.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I suspect it has been put there for some technical reason - dampen sound reverb possiblity or to block some sound that the mics were picking up.

It's Danny Dire, he just looks wooden.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I reckon you might be on to something there.

Suppose the kitchen is L-shaped and open-plan and fluorescent overhead lighting follows that shape.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I can't see any hinges or a door post; it does look like it's just been positioned there.  Maybe hiding something off-putting behind it like maintenance works or the crew's dirty tea mugs.

99% of viewers wouldn't pick up on it; I wouldn't have.

We'd recorded it and we both spotted it - it's quite a long scene - and wound it back to check again. Really bizarre.

8 minutes ago, 201p said:

There could have been an offensive picture or symbol in the studio. So they put a door there to hide it post production.

Is there a clip on youtube?

After a brief bit of digging around: the episode is on YouTube, but you have to pay to watch it. I don't think there's any easy way to get the episode off the PVR recorder box onto this computer.

I think it's S1 E2.

Being a bit of a devil and genuinely having nothing better to do today I've tracked down the company that made the series and have sent them an email asking them to help us solve the mystery.

22 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Probably sealed off as it was full of asbestos of something...That or some ghostly entity.

21 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Hiding a studio support would be my guess.

26 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Zuul...

28 minutes ago, DTMark said:

We'd recorded it and we both spotted it - it's quite a long scene - and wound it back to check again. Really bizarre.

Were they having an extension built in this episode?

13 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

The door is a metaphor.

Dunno for what though, I'm no interlecteurl.

701b35d337ad01ce269cda00b456b5a141700f74.jpg

26 minutes ago, DTMark said:

After a brief bit of digging around: the episode is on YouTube, but you have to pay to watch it. I don't think there's any easy way to get the episode off the PVR recorder box onto this computer.

I think it's S1 E2.

Being a bit of a devil and genuinely having nothing better to do today I've tracked down the company that made the series and have sent them an email asking them to help us solve the mystery.

If they didn't use a studio, and used someones actual kitchen, there could have been a family photo with children in it, or a hanging flat panel TV with a TV show on it (copyright claim) and the director had to put something there to hide it. This is probably the logical explanation.

The lighting looks off - it looks like it was superimposed. If this was a one camera angle sequence, then this is easy to do.

1 hour ago, DTMark said:

We were watching an old episode of Scott and Bailey last night and became intrigued by a separate mystery within the crime drama.

Where the hell does this door lead?

door-to-nowhere.jpg

To me it looks like there's a room inset behind the blonde and the stud wall partitioning it is covered by a floor to ceiling mirror. The door into that room has been left open.