DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Staircase horror

sarahbell

InLikeFlynn

Wow... what a shocker.  The kitchen looks like an abbatoir whilst the stairs and mezzanine  are positively dangerous, aren't there building regulations for staircases?

5 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Wow... what a shocker.  The kitchen looks like an abbatoir whilst the stairs and mezzanine  are positively dangerous, aren't there building regulations for staircases?

https://www.pearstairs.co.uk/staircase-buillding-regulations/

PITCH OF STAIRS

pitch.jpg  

The maximum pitch of stairs 

Private Staircase(Domestic) = 42° Maximum.

HANDRAILS FOR STAIRCASES - REGULATIONS FOR HANDRAILS AND BALUSTRADE

handrail_height.jpg  

Stairs should have a handrail on at least one side if they are less than 1m wide. They should have a handrail on both sides if they are wider than 1m. You do not need a handrail on the first two steps u

InLikeFlynn
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.pearstairs.co.uk/staircase-buillding-regulations/

PITCH OF STAIRS

Stairs should have a handrail on at least one side if they are less than 1m wide. They should have a handrail on both sides if they are wider than 1m. You do not need a handrail on the first two steps u

Looks like these fail on both counts... however in my limited experience solicitors don't always notice such things.

Just now, InLikeFlynn said:

Looks like these fail on both counts... however in my limited experience solicitors don't always notice such things.

it'd need a surveyor to point it out ... and then you'd probably be advised to buy an insurance certificate to cover you for when you come to sell it.

17 minutes ago, One percent said:

Looking at the style of the place, I would say it had been ‘enriched’. 

Grey is the new black?

One percent
4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Grey is the new black?

Yep. The beds and white everywhere gives it away. Plus how they have concentrated totally on the inside whilst the outside looks like a building site. 

In Heywood? They've mistyped the price and stuck an extra 0 (or two) on it.

I worked in Heywood once, bit like Bradford only darker.

Just a thought, it says good for an equestrian centre, in Heywood, so lots of grooming going on.

Bricks & Mortar

Building regs only apply to stairs that lead to rooms.   You can have a ladder to an uninhabited storage space, like a loft.  Up to you if you store a bed, wardrobe and number 3 son up there.

Since when did the definition of semi rural include a motorway in the back garden? A million fucking quid... should buy a whole square mile of Oldham for fucks sake :)

Edit: No offence meant Sarah :P

1 minute ago, Cosmic Apple said:

A million fucking quid... should buy a whole square mile of Oldham for fucks sake :)

And still have £999,999 to spend on something worthwhile.

Green Devil
1 hour ago, Option5 said:

And still have £999,999 to spend on something worthwhile.

Perhaps the EA is pricing in the value  of the new motorway services you could build on the back garden? 

leonardratso

i like picture 16, the interogation room, as seen in the 70's on the sweeney and every cop based series ever since.

just needs a reel to reel or one of those old push button double tape decks on the table, and we can get on with bad cop, phsyco cop type questioning.

(without a solicitor of course). - always made me wonder why they ask for a solicitor, what possible use could a prostitute be to you when youve been arrested and questioned.

leonardratso
5 hours ago, One percent said:

Looking at the style of the place, I would say it had been ‘enriched’. 

ditto, plus where it is would be considered a richly enriched area. A round enriched areas of west yorkshire you get 2 kinds of enrichment - shit hole slums for the proles and plebs, or gated off richly enriched areas (note gold+black painted iron work), very much like this example. Note the more traditional houses in the vicinity.

PS. i wouldnt offer 950K for the whole of heywood+middleton+oldham+cheetham hill side of mancs.

ashestoashes

at least the motorway should drown out the neighbouring timber factory, motorbike shop and bus company

On 05/08/2018 at 13:52, Cosmic Apple said:

A million fucking quid... should buy a whole square mile of Oldham for fucks sake :)

Edit: No offence meant Sarah :P

None taken.I am not local. 

Archived