• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Am I the only one?

6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Everyone is waking up this morning to the sad news of Barry Chuckle passing.

Am I the only one wondering how carrying the coffin in to the crem with go?

No

Connorscontract: Can you imagine Paul trying to carry the coffin with the Undertakers?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/437541/barry-chuckle-has-passed-away

(no idea what the forum is, just "googled" barry chuckle coffin)

Edited by Hopeful

Just thinking about the Chuckle Brothers makes me laugh so their name wasn’t wasted. Happy days watching them with my children when they were little. 

Sorry to hear about Barry and sad for his family. 

I've always liked them; they have good timing and make even the weakest script work.  I did duckduckgo a while back to see if they had a background in the last days of the music halls and turned up this story about their elder brothers' double act as posted above:

He's got the last chuckle: Third Chuckle Brother Jimmy Patton, 85, weds his 26-year-old girlfriend 18 months after he popped the question

• Jimmy Patton, 85, proposed to Amy Phillips, 25, after meeting her on Facebook 
  • Got married in the Southport Theatre ahead of their Gran Canaria honeymoon
  • Sparked up a romance after Amy commented on Mr Patton's Facebook post 

3F64E0AB00000578-0-image-a-56_1492635502

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4426624/Chuckle-Brother-Jimmy-Patton-85-weds-girlfriend-26.html

And yes ladies I do find that 59 year age gap just wrong.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By One percent
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5274955/Homeless-ex-soldier-died-slept-Edinburgh-streets.html
      The death of a homeless former soldier has sparked outrage among veterans charities who say more must be done to look after ex-servicemen.
      Ex-squaddie Darren Greenfield, 47, who fell on hard times after leaving the Army, died on the streets of Edinburgh just a week before Christmas.
      He was a regular face in the Scottish capital as he often spent time sitting on the steps of Waverley train station.
      The Who Dares Cares charity said: 'It is a sign of the times that a soldier is left to die on our streets. It is an utter outrage.' 
      Mr Greenfield had served with the Royal Tank Regiment but fell on tough times after he left the Army. 
      The news of his death sparked outrage among campaigners who are calling for more to be done to help veterans adapt to civilian life.
      Military charities say at least 13,000 former soldiers are homeless – a record high.  

I don't think I need to draw parallels to Grenfell
    • By Carl Fimble
      Hi my name's "Carl" and I'll be here to offer advice, answer questions and talk pish for you today.
      I am currently at number three in the weekly rep (reverse ballsacks) charts. I am gunning for first place but that is currently occupied by....
      @One percent, of course!
      Gimme rep please, I'm not gonna dress it up, I wanna win!

Oh, and sorry.