• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Infowars being censored

Apple has removed hundreds of podcasts by conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his InfoWars brand from its iTunes and Podcasts apps.

It said in a statement that it "does not tolerate hate speech".

Facebook has also "unpublished" the InfoWars page on its platform for "using hate speech".

On Monday, Spotify told the So-Called BBC that it too had removed The Alex Jones Show from its podcast listings.

It said in a statement: "We take reports of hate content seriously...

"Due to repeated violations of Spotify's prohibited content policies, The Alex Jones Show has lost access to the Spotify platform."

Mr Jones has been widely criticised for repeating conspiracy theories that the 9/11 attacks in New York were staged by the US government.

He has also claimed that many of children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre were actors. The parents of two children shot in that attack are suing him for defamation, saying he had made "false, cruel, and dangerous assertions".

While Apple did not host the InfoWars podcasts on its own servers, its iTunes and Podcasts apps made the programmes easily accessible to millions of people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45083684

It's not my cup of tea at all, far too shouty, and it does come out with a fair amount of nonsense IMO like the Sandy Hook stuff.

It doesn't however incite anyone to violence and whilst people may find particular areas of its content offensive it does not present them in an offensive way.

It has particular views which may be right, even if I don't think that they are, so should be allowed to state them.

Not a fan of AJ (although I do enjoy the comedy/memes that come out of it) but he is usually taken out of context and misquoted by the MSM, especially in regards to Sandy (from what I recall). Weren't they taken to court/sued and won? He also didn't claim the fees iirc.

He and his team are a good gateway/entry for folk being red pilled. Their leadup to the election coverage had a big impact imo. PJW seems to be doing something right too.

12 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

So does Gwyneth Paltrow, but i don't suppose they'll be banning her for "hate speech".

I don't think he ought to be banned but I do find him a bit shouty and unwatchable although he has spawned some good songs and memes.

2 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

I always thought the really OTT Alex Jones stuff was a kind of comedy routine to sensationalize, a bit like David Icke's lizard thing, with the actual stories hidden in amongst it all.

Yes, that's how I've taken it. I've never really listened/watched David Icke because of the lizard thing and the way he's been portrayed since I became aware of him in the mid 00's. On my youtube feed, I was recommended a recent radio interview he did with Eamon Holmes. I have to commend Eamonn for a quality interview (well as much as you'll get on msm) and he showed David respect and let him talk. His co-host for the other matter perfectly summed up what he was trying to convey.

Here's the link to the video if anyone would like to watch it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBEOqfAn9Pw

1 hour ago, M S E Refugee said:

http://www.infowarsshop.com/

He just seems to use conspiracy theories to shift products like Super Male Vitality and Brain Force and other assorted shit.

He has to do that as like other channels the first stage used by Google was demonetisation, i.e. no funding irrespective of your number of subscribers or video views.

The same happens to other channels such as The Keppler History Channel etc.

It is censorship by stealth as no one forces anyone to watch the stuff, unlike the So-Called BBC.

Edited by Chewing Grass

33 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Interesting. I was expecting a much more animated support for Infowars from Dosbods. 

Maybe we arent all so deplorably Alt Right after all?

I've never watched it. 

I don't really watch news videos online. The whole online video lecture thing, as a journalist platform, has just passed me by. 

AJ is plain bonkers with 90% of the stuff he came out with but at the same time, he was one of few internet outlets with a sizeable audience talking about Islamisation, globalism, illiberalism, pro-Brexit, pro-Trump, Tommy Robinson etc.. I tended to watch the highlights of his rants or his presenters arguing with liberals at protests, all rather amusing. I think this is really concerning, most reasonable people were able to cut through the nonsense and still get some red pills.

46 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Interesting. I was expecting a much more animated support for Infowars from Dosbods. 

The Dosbods seem to be a sagacious group who are not easily misled.

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

I really don’t like the precedent, but I don’t really give a shit about Infowars.

I've watched incredibly short bits of him from time to time. Never have really known to feel sorry for him or whether he is just a clever man flogging his fluoride free toothpaste.

But the issue here is censorship and this is censorship. We should be alarmed by it because of the old adage - they come for us tomorrow. I assume Apple and FB did this un unison or are we supposed to believe that they both separately decided to ban him on the same day?

How many islamic seriously dangerous nutjob pages are there still on FB - anyone know?

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It

Not a fan of Jones but he should not be censored.

I would defend him if it was state censorship. But remember, Youtube, etc. are privately owned platforms and they have no obligation to provide a platform for anyone.

I don't like AJ, for the record. He lets other people say barking stuff on his show, unchallenged - e.g. that the CIA had a paedo colony with captive children on Mars. He was careful neither to endorse nor challenge the claim. As long as he gets the listeners for ads for the 'health' stuff he sells, he's happy.

His adverts are finely crafted. If you listen carefully and deconstruct them, you find that he makes no material claims about their efficacy at all. Its quackery.

Edited by Happy Renting