• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Fuck Off & Don't Forget To Shut The Door Behind You!

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/08/06/saudi-arabia-orders-its-foreign-students-out-of-canadian-schools.html

I've got to say, I'm impressed with how the Canadian government, for all its virtue signalling tendencies, has handled this. The short version is that Freeland told the Saudis to stop locking up people who didn't agree with the government and the Saudis threw their toys out of their pram. Now, realizing that Canada doesn't actually need their oil (we have plenty of our own plus stuff from the US if needed) their only means of retaliation is to take back their foreign students. Score I say! 

11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Saudis are utter scum with too much easy money and I won't go into their sponsorship of a fucktarded version of a particular 'religion' either.

Word.

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Saudis are utter scum with too much easy money and I won't go into their sponsorship of a fucktarded version of a particular 'religion' either.

Tick tick tick... 16.5 years left of enjoying the influence that money brings.

The reserve figures are secret these days, especially with the partial sale of Aramco coming up, and are commonly believed to be overstated as they're not going down: new finds magically replace extracted oil.

But there have been no new big finds since the 1970s.  So that seems "unlikely".

Current claimed reserves are roughly at the level of 1989 - 260bn barrels - but that was a huge hike upon the 1987 figure of 170bn of easily recoverable oil and suggests the inclusion of probable / possible reserves.

So going back to that 1987 figure as the last undisputed figure and bearing in mind no big new finds since start deducting the c. 10m barrels a day production, 3.65bn per year.

Thirty years' extraction to 2017 is 109.5bn of that 1987 reserve.  The remaining 60.5bn will last a mere 16.5 years which isn't very long at all.

Now there will be unders and overs: improved extraction techniques Vs sea water contamination of fields from previous extraction techniques which will blur this figure.

So that 16.5 may be 20 years or it may be 15.  Either way it's not long.

Then it's back to being goat herders and no more funding the export of islam and islamic terrorism.

Not long now :)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-oil-kemp/saudi-arabias-oil-reserves-how-big-are-they-really-kemp-idUSKCN0ZL1X6

https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/3733-saudi-oil-reserves-good-news/?tab=comments#comment-199722

(Quoting my own posting I know but it still holds, and this was in March, so now 16 years.  Tick tick tick)

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It's interesting, I've never heard a good word spoken about them.

One chap I know spent a year out in Saudi on a contract. He's the meekest, quietest, zen-like bloke you could imagine...until you ask him about Saudi Arabia. He then turns into a cross between Begbie and Ronnie Pickering.

He's not a fan.

Not Saudi but a business contact who I and several friends know well and also socially, some of us went to his second wedding, is always friendly, happy and smiley and does not have a bad word for anyone.  I've had off the record chats with his employees and they absolutely love working for him.

But does exactly as you say if his ex-wife is ever mentioned!

24 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It's interesting, I've never heard a good word spoken about them.

One chap I know spent a year out in Saudi on a contract. He's the meekest, quietest, zen-like bloke you could imagine...until you ask him about Saudi Arabia. He then turns into a cross between Begbie and Ronnie Pickering.

He's not a fan.

You should hear what the RAF trainer I know has to say about their military pilots! Makes Begbie sound like an SJW.