• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

People with flu/heavy colds in public transport

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Maybe I should post this in the guilty pleasures thread, but I wish drawn-out painful deaths on sniffers, snorters, revoltingly choked up sick people in public transport. Ffs stay at home and infect your cat! :PissedOff: and yes I'm on a train!!

Don't touch anything and practice holding your breath.

Ever noticed how most of todays youth don't know how to use a tissue/handkerchief and just sneeze all over everyone and the wipe their noses with their hands/sleeves.

Says a lot about lack of parenting when they were left in baby farms as children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I was reading yesterday about a young female copper in, IIRC, Ukraine, who got spat upon by a migrant. Six months later this fit, heathy lady was dead from TB.

Used to work with a bloke whose brother contracted TB along with half a dozen other people on a Swissair flight that had some disease ridden third wold scum on it, this was 15 years ago so the odds are even worse now.

Edited by Chewing Grass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

The bloke across from me is in a bad way with something, hopefully not mortal to anyone else. I suppose im a bad person but they should have a "sick" carriage IMO.

Take a picture of him so it can be used as evidence, post the scene here so we can pass judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm right with you. I hate it when the bastards come into work, go to the supermarket, get on a bus - or just generally have the outfight fucking cheek to be in the same place that I am.

But people's attitudes change when they are the ones who are ill. Because they have to do shit. I am marginally better because I have less shit to do, but I'm still guilty of some significant hypocrisy when it's my turn to be ill.

I think it just shows what a selfish bunch of bastards we all are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loathe other people sneezing. Really really hate it. Most of the offenders just do it with no attempt to use their hand to minimise spreading germs. It's bad enough when I see this behaviour outside but when I'm inside I feel like lecturing them to have some manners.

However I love my own sneezing there's something really satisfying about it. Sneezing fits are best. I try to keep it going and it's disappointing when I realise that it's over xD.

In public though if I can't get a tissue out my pocket at least I have the decency to cover my mouth and try to keep my bugs to myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who sniff.

Specifically people who sniff while I'm driving.

1 mile - That's quite irritating.

2 miles - Are you going to do that for the whole journey?

4 miles - Seriously, use a tissue!

8 miles - For fucks sake, blow your bloody nose!

12 miles -

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I'm right with you. I hate it when the bastards come into work, go to the supermarket, get on a bus - or just generally have the outfight fucking cheek to be in the same place that I am.

But people's attitudes change when they are the ones who are ill. Because they have to do shit. I am marginally better because I have less shit to do, but I'm still guilty of some significant hypocrisy when it's my turn to be ill.

I think it just shows what a selfish bunch of bastards we all are.

Can't disagree. Regarding people witb communicable illnesses I am remorselessly selfish, hate being near them, however I do make an effort to ne as civilised as possible if I'm sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Can't disagree. Regarding people witb communicable illnesses I am remorselessly selfish, hate being near them, however I do make an effort to ne as civilised as possible if I'm sick.

I'm making an effort these days to overcome my reactions to other people being ill. I've had people come and sit next to me at work, clearly sick, when I'm a few days away from a holiday or Christmas or something, and my feeling then is that if I thought I could get away with it, I'd cheerfully rip their bastard heads off their shoulders.

But rationally I know that the time I spend fretting about it is far worse than the time I actually spend ill, especially since I'm a healthy person with a good immune system. It's just that, you know... rationally. I'd estimate that the new me shines through in about 20% of cases, the other 80% still cause me to break out the voodoo dolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on a packed commuter train just before xmas. Some guy sat next to me sneezing like they do. 2 days later I was under with swine flu. Nice xmas present that was. Spent xmas day comatose.  You know whenyou had swine flu I tell ya.

Cheers, fucker for that! Merry xmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary execution by garrotte.

I've noticed that Canadians sneeze into the crook of the elbow rather than their hands. Quite a good idea as it reduces the risk of contamination when you then touch something with snot drenched fingers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Was on a packed commuter train just before xmas. Some guy sat next to me sneezing like they do. 2 days later I was under with swine flu. Nice xmas present that was. Spent xmas day comatose.  You know whenyou had swine flu I tell ya.

Cheers, fucker for that! Merry xmas.

Swine flu is pure evil! Had it last year (there was a late flu season epidemic). Didn't sleep for three days and started coughing up blood. I stayed away from all other living organisms in an attempt to stem the horror.

Dickheads who think it's okay to cough and splutter in public should be made to wear spit-hoods and latex gloves ☣️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Summary execution by garrotte.

I've noticed that Canadians sneeze into the crook of the elbow rather than their hands. Quite a good idea as it reduces the risk of contamination when you then touch something with snot drenched fingers 

That's what I tell my kids to do and when coughing or sneezing, assuming they don't have a tissue. My logic being you don't touch anything with the inside of your elbow and won't spread germs so easily. 

I went off at a checkout lady in Tesco once for coughing into her hand whilst she was putting my food shopping through the conveyor belt. I can't believe they don't give their staff hand gel. She was really miffed at me for saying something. What was she supposed to do, she said, it wasn't her fault she had a cold. o.O

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Summary execution by garrotte.

I've noticed that Canadians sneeze into the crook of the elbow rather than their hands. Quite a good idea as it reduces the risk of contamination when you then touch something with snot drenched fingers 

I'll adopt the strategy of sneezing into my elbow instead of my hands in a public place. Very sensible IMO. Better chance of not spreading germs.

When forced to be in the vicinity of a sneezing, snotty nosed infected humans I endeavour to avoid touching my nose and mouth but this proves difficult. I always find myself saying.....oh fuck....failure I've touched my nose etc. Personally I warn the few people I have close contact with to wash their hands etc. 

  • You should start a public awareness campaign Captain C to enlighten the masses:Old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Public health tip #2 is use plenty of dettol and a wire brush on your nasties after a back alley knee trembler with a 2 bob crack whore 

You have been out with Mr CCC again?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I'll adopt the strategy of sneezing into my elbow instead of my hands in a public place. Very sensible IMO. Better chance of not spreading germs.

When forced to be in the vicinity of a sneezing, snotty nosed infected humans I endeavour to avoid touching my nose and mouth but this proves difficult. I always find myself saying.....oh fuck....failure I've touched my nose etc. Personally I warn the few people I have close contact with to wash their hands etc. 

  • You should start a public awareness campaign Captain C to enlighten the masses:Old:

Yes, you are far more likely to infect yourself by rubbing your eye, picking your nose, touching your mouth etc, after you have used your hands to handle money, grasped a door handle, touched a keypad etc which has been used by an infected person.

Being in the vicinity of someone briefly if they have a cold or flu is unlikely to result in infection, unless the bastard coughs and sneezes all over you, of course.

If Im out and about I try and avoid touching keypads with my fingers (use the corner of another card) and open doors with my elbow etc. Ive also trained myself not to scratch an itch on my eye until Ive washed my hands.

I dont get many colds but Ill probably end up like Howard Hughes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.