• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Welsh couple kept young daughter locked away from the world and subjected her to years of horrific abuse

We read about these things in the US but this happened in my home town. Shocking stuff.

A husband and wife kept their young daughter locked away from the world in their Welsh home and subjected her to years of rapes and sexual abuse, a court has heard.

The child was never allowed out to play, never sent to school, and had no friends.

During her time at home - in a normal-looking house on a quiet street - she was subject to years of abuse by her parents, much of which was photographed by the pair.

The abuse was detailed in a series of hearings at Swansea Crown Court stretching over many months.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-couple-kept-young-daughter-15011020

17 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

They ought to check out that pair for any other disappearances of young women. Shades of the West family.

Very different.  This is more Mick Philpott - older man totally dominating much younger wife.

The Wests were partners in crime from comments survivors made she had the edge and he deferred to her.

I don't make a habit of studying serial killers but I used to walk through Cromwell St to work and lived on the road on which they had previously lived - Midland Rd - not long after the events which got a lot of coverage in the local papers. This was entirely coincidental - I moved to Gloucester at short notice for a new job and wanted to be able to walk to work and had no idea of the proximity though I knew they were Gloucester.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Very different.  This is more Mick Philpott - older man totally dominating much younger wife.

The Wests were partners in crime from comments survivors made she had the edge and he deferred to her.

I don't make a habit of studying serial killers but I used to walk through Cromwell St to work and lived on the road on which they had previously lived - Midland Rd - not long after the events which got a lot of coverage in the local papers. This was entirely coincidental - I moved to Gloucester at short notice for a new job and wanted to be able to walk to work and had no idea of the proximity though I knew they were Gloucester.

Yes you're right, if it's as presented. Bit distrustful of all evil-men-victim-women stories in all the media now.

Horrific tale. Wonder how long he'll get - in some ways what he has done (again, if as presented) is worse than the child murderer that got lynched recently.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

How on Earth were the authorities not aware?  Afaik, if you are home schooling there are regular checks. Clearly not in this case. 

It's Wales. Where they live probably isn't even on a map!

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

39 minutes ago, One percent said:

How on Earth were the authorities not aware?  Afaik, if you are home schooling there are regular checks. Clearly not in this case. 

Read it and literally weep  https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/22/concerns-raised-about-boy-who-died-of-scurvy-a-year-before-his-death-leaked-report

Edited by Long time lurking

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Another one in Wales. What exactly are the welsh assembly doing with all that money being given to them?  It’s not looking after children is it. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Another one in Wales. What exactly are the welsh assembly doing with all that money being given to them?  It’s not looking after children is it. 

The list is so long when it comes to waste and hand outs 

Regarding this case one of the parents IIRC was a teacher or ex teacher 

5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Don't worry they all learn Welsh now, that's obviously the main thing. 

Ah, but are they checking that the homeschooled kids are being taught welsh?  

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

The list is so long when it comes to waste and hand outs 

Regarding this case one of the parents IIRC was a teacher or ex teacher 

Even more bloody reason to check up on them then. o.O

56 minutes ago, One percent said:

Home schooling is now endemic amongst the underclass and certain demographics.  Huge advantages to these families.  Local authorities do not have the resources to check it.  Got a retard client who home schooled her daughter and guess what...

My view is that there are families who want and need to stay under the radar and away from the attention of Social Services.  Home schooling is crucial to this.  A kid in mainstream state education would stand out and staff would be duty bound to file a report.  My view is that any family who home school should be kept a close eye on.

4 minutes ago, Ina said:

Home schooling is now endemic amongst the underclass and certain demographics.  Huge advantages to these families.  Local authorities do not have the resources to check it.  Got a retard client who home schooled her daughter and guess what...

My view is that there are families who want and need to stay under the radar and away from the attention of Social Services.  Home schooling is crucial to this.  A kid in mainstream state education would stand out and staff would be duty bound to file a report.  My view is that any family who home school should be kept a close eye on.

That has always been my view 

I`m no expert but it seems to me that there are two sets of demographics that home school and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum as in they are either highly academic or down right dodgy  one feels they can do far better and often do the others generally have something to hide 

14 minutes ago, Ina said:

Fairly easy to deal with.  Not allowed if you are on bennies. That would sort the wheat from the chaff. Bet they wouldn’t do it though as everyone is entitled to do and take anything and everything, apart from the sap taxpayer of course