• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Libspero

Amazon Tax..

Yes or No  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Just now, stokiescum said:

i voted yes,the money raised will be wasted i agree it wont help the hightstreet but amazon are a ruthless bunch of bastards.i spent 6 months with them.

How can you! It's not amazon that pays the amazon tax... It us! ;)

They have taxed the fuck out of local businesses, paved over all the street parking with their stupid fuck pedestrian zones and then ramp'ed up the parking charges while employing migrants to dole out parking fines like fucking confetti.... and your solution is to tax amazon, you fucking waht!

:D

5 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

They have taxed the fuck out of local businesses, paved over all the street parking with their stupid fuck pedestrian zones and then ramp'ed up the parking charges while employing migrants to dole out parking fines like fucking confetti.... and your solution is to tax amazon, you fucking waht!

but we have the option to not buy said tat item.

4 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

:D:D

Don't you like walking down your local high street window shopping?

70_2018-02-11.jpg

No, online shopping is progress. Dont tax progress, embrace it.

However I do think corporation tax for all retail needs changing, taxing on UK sales rather than profit.

Edited by snaga

3 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Yeah, or buy in from a traditional shop and pay the equivalent "amazon tax" that's already been applied.

very true,but no matter the way the goverment goes after these tax dodging giants we end up paying.

5 minutes ago, snaga said:

No, online shopping is progress. Dont tax progress, embrace it.

However I do think corporation tax for all buisnesses needs changing, taxing on UK sales rather than profit.

true,however no matter how they are taxed they will pass the bill to the consumer...

Sorry, but Hammond can fuck off

Fuck this support for the high street during transition

Fuck 'support' for anything

Just let market forces operate.

If the high street collapses so be it, people will find alternative incomes

Stop interfering. Stop supporting people.

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

true,however no matter how they are taxed they will pass the bill to the consumer...

But it levels the playing field, UK retail is already paying taxes that the likes of starbucks avoid. 

Edited by snaga

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Sorry, but Hammond can fuck off

Fuck this support for the high street during transition

Fuck 'support' for anything

Just let market forces operate.

If the high street collapses so be it, people will find alternative incomes

Stop interfering. Stop supporting people.

it wont be spent surporting the high street,

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

This isn't a tax on amazon. It is a tax on online sales. So having developed websites to improve my efficiency, I will now be taxed for doing so. Back to taking orders over the phone I guess.

im sure there will be ways around it and im sure some people will be thinking fuck me i now stand more chance of geting caught selling shit out of my shed and not declaring it

6 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

This isn't a tax on amazon. It is a tax on online sales. So having developed websites to improve my efficiency, I will now be taxed for doing so. Back to taking orders over the phone I guess.

will just eat etc fall foul of it.

Totally unenforceable for smaller businesses that have bricks and mortar and do online - probably for larger ones too.

What about TV shopping, B2B or other mail order operations with a call centre. Would you just be able to put on your website phone our sales team with your order to save on the online tax.

It's all save our post office/library/village pub only for it to be saved then die on it's arse because no-one uses it which was the reason it was closing in the first fucking place.

Any of David Cameron's Big Society community village shops still open, I wonder, I bought some sandwiches in one once and realised they were two days out of date when I came to eat them later.

45 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

VAT should 30% for consumer tat and plastic toys. 

I have a feeling the fact that people buy way less stuff online than they used to in shops is a big part of it.