• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Alaska Airlines Horizon Air Q400 stolen by mechanic, took-off, chased by F-16's and now seen as smoke rising from an island near Seattle

You can hear the F-16 flying overhead. Fox 2?

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Hmmm.

Not quite the drama I was expecting; I think they cut off at the wrong point as that second plane may have been a seagull for all I saw of it.

Enough to see that it was a jet. F-15 apparently.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Looking at the flight radar stuff it looks like he took off, banked to the right and then just dived - lost it? - into the ground.

Pretty quick all things considered but perhaps it felt lime forever to him. Will be interesting what comes out of this re the initial suicidal claim.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Just breaking news. Sounds crazy. Claims that a mechanic stole an Alaskan Airlines jet from Seattle. F-16's were alerted. 

Aircraft now reported to have 'crashed' into an island. Smoke seen rising.

Similar thing happened in this country with a drunk mechanic at Lakenheath in the eighties. He took a C130 and I think it was shot down over the North Sea when fighters caught up although was covered up or spun that he crashed.

At one point he says that he didn't know that he had any problems until today.

Wonder what brought that on?

14 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Similar thing happened in this country with a drunk mechanic at Lakenheath in the eighties. He took a C130 and I think it was shot down over the North Sea when fighters caught up although was covered up or spun that he crashed.

1969 I think. Mildenhall.

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Crazy stuff eh? His starboard wing was dropping but he was in a turn in that video glimpse we had of it.

Did he lose it or did he crash into his ex gf's house?

What a sad waste of a life.plane

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

He sounded a likeable guy.

Yeah will be interesting to see what comes out of this. He's made a couple of comments perhaps about his employers/employment eg mentioning minimum wage and being a white guy.

9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

He sounded a likeable guy.

Yep..   reminds me a lot of my brother in law a little.

Sounded to me like he did it for shits and giggles without really thinking it through (or not wanting to think it through because of stress/pressure/depression)..  telling that he asked about the punishment for what he was doing "life in prison for something like this".. I actually think at that point if he thought he could land it and say "apologies guys,  all just a laugh..  very sorry,  here's your keys back"   he probably would have done it..   but at that point he knew his life was over either way.  Pretty sad really.

18 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Yep..   reminds me a lot of my brother in law a little.

Sounded to me like he did it for shits and giggles without really thinking it through (or not wanting to think it through because of stress/pressure/depression)..  telling that he asked about the punishment for what he was doing "life in prison for something like this".. I actually think at that point if he thought he could land it and say "apologies guys,  all just a laugh..  very sorry,  here's your keys back"   he probably would have done it..   but at that point he knew his life was over either way.  Pretty sad really.

Listening to it I got the impression that if someone had said "You sound like a nice guy to have a beer with. Let's land this sucker and go have a drink." that maybe he would have done so.

Sounded to me as if he needed someone to encourage him to stay with us but that, from what I heard, was not forthcoming. The emphasis seemed to be, rightly, on everyone else in the sky.