• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

How Rich Are DOSBODSers

Income & Net Worth Assessment  

95 members have voted

1. 1. My Total Pre-Tax Income (through Employment + Benefits + Pensions + Investment Returns) Per Year Is...

• < 10K GBP
    • > 10K and < 20K GBP
    • > 20K and < 30K GBP
    • > 30K and < 50K GBP
    • > 50K and < 100K GBP
    • > 100K and < 200K GBP
    • > 200K GBP
  2. 2. My Total Net Assets (Savings + Investment + Pension Assets - Debts Including Mortgages) Are

• > 100K GBP in debt
    • > 50K and < 100K GBP in debt
    • > 0 and < 50K GBP in debt
    • > 0 and < 50K GBP in net assets
    • > 50 and < 100K GBP in net assets
    • > 100 and < 250K GBP in net assets
    • > 250 and < 1M GBP in net assets
    • > 1M and < 2M GBP in net assets
    • > 2M GBP in net assets

Just now, JoeDavola said:

Haven't included my pension assets in my total as I've not a clue what they are! They're nothing spectacular as I've only been paying in just over 5 years.

Pensions is difficult. I've got a bunch of old final salary ones. They kick in from 60 to 65 and will end up paying me about £650 a month by current estimates. 

Any value on that is pretty much a guess. I've already had the inflation uplift on them switched from RPI to CPI. Retrospectively on one of the earliest ones.

xD

3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Pensions is difficult. I've got a bunch of old final salary ones. They kick in from 60 to 65 and will end up paying me about £650 a month by current estimates. 

Any value on that is pretty much a guess. I've already had the inflation uplift on them switched from RPI to CPI. Retrospectively on one of the earliest ones.

xD

For a rough estimate, compare that 650 to current annuity rates. I'd say that 650 a month probably comes out at about 150K GBP in equivalent assets.

edit to add: or any number down to 0 depending on the solvency of the pension funds in question.

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

Yeah, if I knew how to calculate the total value of my pension it might nudge my total net worth just over the 200K mark, which would be nice. I could calculate the total amount (employer contribution + my own) over the last 5 years but I'm not sure if that's the figure I should be using.

I'll just pretend it does bring my net worth to over 200K, and then I can feel rich.

Image result for considerably richer

9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Haven't included my pension assets in my total as I've not a clue what they are! They're nothing spectacular as I've only been paying in just over 5 years.

3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

I only know two people who knew what their pension assets were and they'd both hired an advisor to review them.

As they're something I can't really control all I've done is a quick exercise to add their rough incomes together for information and that was a couple of years ago; I haven't turned that into a capital valuation as I can't take the capital and just regard them as future income streams like the state pension that I hope to live long enough to receive.

4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

For a rough estimate, compare that 650 to current annuity rates. I'd say that 650 a month probably comes out at about 150K GBP in equivalent assets.

edit to add: or any number down to 0 depending on the solvency of the pension funds in question.

And if interest rates treble that probably halves the theoretical capital value.

Best not to dwell upon it IMO.

11 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

About 250k.

Mrs spys has a 600/ mdb pension . Thats how much they offered for buy out.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I only know two people who knew what their pension assets were and they'd both hired an advisor to review them.

As they're something I can't really control all I've done is a quick exercise to add their rough incomes together for information and that was a couple of years ago; I haven't turned that into a capital valuation as I can't take the capital and just regard them as future income streams like the state pension that I hope to live long enough to receive.

And if interest rates treble that probably halves the theoretical capital value.

Best not to dwell upon it IMO.

You can with a dc pension.

• Similar Content

• By Chewing Grass
      There are a number of legendary lost treasure from King Johns to the Amber Room.
      We should use our armchair skills to pinpoint a good spot to search, make travel arrangements and get digging.
      Here is a convenient list http://britainexplorer.com/top-ten-lost-treasures-of-the-world/