• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Band

Cultural enrichment in Manchester - 10 shot

Nothing like this ever happened when i grew up which wasnt too long ago, seems the norm now.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1002293/manchester-moss-side-shooting-victims-hospital-injuries-greater-manchester-police

A SHOOTING in Manchester has seen 10 people shot after a gunman went on the rampage in Moss Side.

Shots were fires on Claremont Road just hours after the Caribbean Carnival taking place in the area had finished.

5 minutes ago, Banned said:

Nothing like this ever happened when i grew up which wasnt too long ago, seems the norm now.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1002293/manchester-moss-side-shooting-victims-hospital-injuries-greater-manchester-police

A SHOOTING in Manchester has seen 10 people shot after a gunman went on the rampage in Moss Side.

Shots were fires on Claremont Road just hours after the Caribbean Carnival taking place in the area had finished.

As I've pointed out in another thread, I've been threatened with a gun twice, both times in 'Greater Manchester's and both in the 1970s

Edited by Option5

5 minutes ago, Option5 said:

As I've pointed out in another thread, I've been threatened with a gun twice, both times in 'Greater Manchester's and both in the 1970s

I'm actually from South London. I saw more more guns than I think people imagine. In Manchester too! They are obviously illegal, but criminals don't bother with licenses.

32 minutes ago, Option5 said:

But you werent shot, someone presumably waved a gun at you.

These are mass shootings the only ones i can remember growing up were Michael Ryan in Hungerford and Dunblane, now its par for the course to read about them.

Edited by Banned

Yeah, I remember back in the 70's we'd have a carnival every year in town.  Sure it looked fun and all, but people would have a few drinks and then by evening you'd get a punch-up or two and maybe a bit of blood spilt.

15 minutes ago, dgul said:

Yeah, I remember back in the 70's we'd have a carnival every year in town.  Sure it looked fun and all, but people would have a few drinks and then by evening you'd get a punch-up or two and maybe a bit of blood spilt.

Frank's yer man for a football punchup!

2 hours ago, Banned said:

But you werent shot, someone presumably waved a gun at you.

These are mass shootings the only ones i can remember growing up were Michael Ryan in Hungerford and Dunblane, now its par for the course to read about them.

One was a loony in a nightclub, he was disarmed by a girl twatting him from behind with a fire extinguisher. He was arrested in hospital when he came round, got 8 years IIRC.

Second was an attempted robbery on me and a friend by a gang, one had a gun. My friend's job was training marines in unarmed combat. He left the gang leader in the recovery position so he didn't drown in the blood coming from where his front teeth had been, the rest of them legged it, I just froze and looked on in fear.

6 minutes ago, Option5 said:

One was a loony in a nightclub, he was disarmed by a girl twatting him from behind with a fire extinguisher. He was arrested in hospital when he came round, got 8 years IIRC.

Second was an attempted robbery on me and a friend by a gang, one had a gun. My friend's job was training marines in unarmed combat. He left the gang leader in the recovery position so he didn't drown in the blood coming from where his front teeth had been, the rest of them legged it, I just froze and looked on in fear.

The lesson to be learned here is move to Liverpool.

Edited by Banned

I saw the Chief Superintendent on TV news.

Not once did he mention Cultural Enrichment, Inclusion or even Diversity.

Must count as a black mark against him.

Ps. Is diversity two universities?

Presumably advertising execs studied at an adversity.

3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The sooner they have an impromptu rendition of "Don't look back in anger" the better, so we can collectively get on with the business of burying our heads in the sand.

If only a senior politician had made a speech to warn everyone 

Could have called it rivers of ..........

A shooting in Moss Side is non event unless someone actually dies. Then its only usually news if a black person dies.

Ten persons being hit randomly by buckshot is hardly news especially during an event