Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Cultural enrichment in Manchester - 10 shot


Band

Recommended Posts

Nothing like this ever happened when i grew up which wasnt too long ago, seems the norm now.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1002293/manchester-moss-side-shooting-victims-hospital-injuries-greater-manchester-police

A SHOOTING in Manchester has seen 10 people shot after a gunman went on the rampage in Moss Side.

Shots were fires on Claremont Road just hours after the Caribbean Carnival taking place in the area had finished.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Banned said:

Nothing like this ever happened when i grew up which wasnt too long ago, seems the norm now.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1002293/manchester-moss-side-shooting-victims-hospital-injuries-greater-manchester-police

A SHOOTING in Manchester has seen 10 people shot after a gunman went on the rampage in Moss Side.

Shots were fires on Claremont Road just hours after the Caribbean Carnival taking place in the area had finished.

As I've pointed out in another thread, I've been threatened with a gun twice, both times in 'Greater Manchester's and both in the 1970s

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Option5 said:

As I've pointed out in another thread, I've been threatened with a gun twice, both times in 'Greater Manchester's and both in the 1970s

I'm actually from South London. I saw more more guns than I think people imagine. In Manchester too! They are obviously illegal, but criminals don't bother with licenses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Option5 said:

As I've pointed out in another thread, I've been threatened with a gun twice, both times in 'Greater Manchester's and both in the 1970s

But you werent shot, someone presumably waved a gun at you.

These are mass shootings the only ones i can remember growing up were Michael Ryan in Hungerford and Dunblane, now its par for the course to read about them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dgul said:

Yeah, I remember back in the 70's we'd have a carnival every year in town.  Sure it looked fun and all, but people would have a few drinks and then by evening you'd get a punch-up or two and maybe a bit of blood spilt.

Frank's yer man for a football punchup!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banned said:

But you werent shot, someone presumably waved a gun at you.

These are mass shootings the only ones i can remember growing up were Michael Ryan in Hungerford and Dunblane, now its par for the course to read about them.

 

One was a loony in a nightclub, he was disarmed by a girl twatting him from behind with a fire extinguisher. He was arrested in hospital when he came round, got 8 years IIRC.

Second was an attempted robbery on me and a friend by a gang, one had a gun. My friend's job was training marines in unarmed combat. He left the gang leader in the recovery position so he didn't drown in the blood coming from where his front teeth had been, the rest of them legged it, I just froze and looked on in fear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Option5 said:

One was a loony in a nightclub, he was disarmed by a girl twatting him from behind with a fire extinguisher. He was arrested in hospital when he came round, got 8 years IIRC.

Second was an attempted robbery on me and a friend by a gang, one had a gun. My friend's job was training marines in unarmed combat. He left the gang leader in the recovery position so he didn't drown in the blood coming from where his front teeth had been, the rest of them legged it, I just froze and looked on in fear.

The lesson to be learned here is move to Liverpool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

The sooner they have an impromptu rendition of "Don't look back in anger" the better, so we can collectively get on with the business of burying our heads in the sand.

If only a senior politician had made a speech to warn everyone 

Could have called it rivers of ..........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...