• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Getting shut of the homeless.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45162892

The government has vowed to end rough sleeping on England's streets by 2027.

It has promised £100m "to help people turn their lives around", including support for mental health and addictions, and funding for housing.

Homelessness has been on the rise for the past seven years, with around 4,750 people estimated to be sleeping rough on any given night in England in 2017.

Charities welcomed the plan, but warned that it was "a step forward and not a total fix".

scant on details.

my biggest concern is that if this the isn’t limited to indigenous people, it will become a magnet for every hobo, tramp and chancer in the EU and beyond. 

10 years to end homelessness, they really are full of shit.

These fuckers have recreated Labours housing bubble and exceeded it, unless prices crash there will be an endless stream moving from rental to rental and many will be made homeless when failing to make the jump.

The more they speak the more i dislike them.

See Boris's wonderful plan to fix the housing crisis.  Drop SDLT for houses over £1million, what a prize cunt that one is and he is deemed the man of the people along with the only person in the UK to make the Queen look common ie JRM.

Edited by Banned

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It's a very wholesome idea however, a pound to a pinch of shit says that this grand scheme goes the same way as immigration targets.

Typical government announcement. Laudable end-game, zero chance of getting to that point.

Yes, they all seem to be spectacularly incompetent at implementing anything. It will be yet another waste of taxpayer money, with most of it going to their troughing mates

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes, they all seem to be spectacularly incompetent at implementing anything. It will be yet another waste of taxpayer money, with most of it going to their troughing mates

Is there anyone in this counry that the government doesn't throw my money at ?

Oh hang on

Why not sort out the root of the problem

Edited by Hopeful

Stupid.

Mkaing the exact same mistake as goign 'Chridee - all worthwhile, lets give it money'

All genuinely homeless get housed pretty quickly.

There are charity after charity looking for these people.

There's some need to join it up and make it wider known - bit like all charity, they are shit at how they stuff.

The people who they classify they think are homless are dosser/bggars, already in accommodation. panhandling for drug/drink money.

Or foreign, who need kicking out ASAP.

(1) Round up and deport all non-British that are not net contributing to the tax, benefits and social security systems;

(2) Strip anyone in receipt of British citizenship over the past 40 years that has not net contributed to the tax, benefits and social security systems, then deport them;

(3) Allocate the houses freed up by (1) and (2) to homeless people;

(4) Reduce the deficit of the UK by savings made by (1) and (2) and by charging for the houses in (3) by a nominal amount, plus some performance of civic works.

Easy.

Just now, Bkkandrew said:

(1) Round up and deport all non-British that are not net contributing to the tax, benefits and social security systems;

(2) Strip anyone in receipt of British citizenship over the past 40 years that has not net contributed to the tax, benefits and social security systems, then deport them;

(3) Allocate the houses freed up by (1) and (2) to homeless people;

(4) Reduce the deficit of the UK by savings made by (1) and (2) and by charging for the houses in (3) by a nominal amount, plus some performance of civic works.

Easy.

Are you standing for parliament next time around?  You can have my vote. 

How fucking difficult is it to sort out?  Not very. 

The Cambodian Government has just done that with 70,000 illegal Vietnamese. It took 60 days.

And we are a Third World country just 27 years on from civil war that killed a third of its population (6M —>4M).

It the UK that much of a basket case that it can’t do likewise?

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Are you standing for parliament next time around?  You can have my vote. 

How fucking difficult is it to sort out?  Not very. 

Alas no, given up on the UK. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

The Cambodian Government has just done that with 70,000 illegal Vietnamese. It took 60 days.

Are you in Phnom Penh, was there a decade ago and it really is a crazy place .. met the maddest vaguely coherent  person ever, some Irish guy who was ex IRA working as protection for the Hun.

57 minutes ago, Banned said:

Are you in Phnom Penh, was there a decade ago and it really is a crazy place .. met the maddest vaguely coherent  person ever, some Irish guy who was ex IRA working as protection for the Hun.

Been here 20 years (Thailand and Cambodia, Phnom Penh, although I own a large resort next to the Thai border in Koh Kong Province).

The Guy you are referring to was Declan. Long gone. His wife was actually more vicious than him.

Edited by Bkkandrew
Fucking fuck fuck

16 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Been here 20 years (Thailand and Cambodia, Phnom Penh, although I own a large resort next to the Thai border in Koh Kong Province).

The Guy you are referring to was Declan. Long gone. His wife was actually more viscous than him.

He was an absolute fucken nutcase, he was in a bar shouting off about the English i could see everyone was petrified so i thought i'll say something ... and it almost kicked off.

I can look after myself v the average man in the street but i'm always wary of nutjobs and i soon realised i picked the wrong nutjob to speak up to. After every sentence he would point his fingers and pull his arms back as if shooting a gun. Going on about the people he had killed in front of the bar where we were ... and i got the feeling from the way others in the bar kissed his arse there was some truth it in.

He was with some American woman whose husband was his partner in crime but had been killed out there, and she was even more insane than him.

Anyway once he realised i was working class northern lad and wasnt taking his shit, he was getting the drinks in and ended up taking me out for the night, after a while though i pointed the motorbike taxi to go to my hotel to escape from the mad cunt as god knows what would have happened later on.

How is Kong Province, thinking of taking my kid to Cambodia next year for a bit of an adventure ... i presume its still a bit wild and hasnt become sterile like Thailand has.

Been going to Thailand for close to 20 years and had enough of the place, was there last Xmas in BKK/Samui/Pattaya and its just no fun anymore. 70bht to the £ and 50bht a beer has been replaced by 150bht a beer and 42bht to the £.

Edited by Banned

27 minutes ago, Banned said:

How is Kong Province, thinking of taking my kid to Cambodia next year for a bit of an adventure ... i presume its still a bit wild and hasnt become sterile like Thailand has.

In Stealth, which you should have access to, there is a thread showing more details, called Family Holiday Thread.

I can end quite a lot of the homelessnesss problems very easily. 

It'll just cost money.

The thing that quite often flips people off the rails is the inability to cope with a sudden change in money (ie: benefits, rent etc) 

So give them a free bedsit.

the issues then will be neighbour nuisance, repairs, etc ... but the burden of finding the rent every month disappears. The choice to do nothing and be a complete nobhead and not filling benefit forms in is then OK and acceptable as it won't result in you being made homeless. You'll starve, but society is already happy to fund you via soup kitchens, food banks etc.

There are 'mothballed' bedsits in most of the remaining tower blocks in Manchester. A FOI would reveal how many (and I believe you can bulk ask councils questions now, ) - these would be ideal. Not huge properties to be empty of housing/

The VD show on BBC2 this morning banged on about how the average house costs £270k... ignoring the fact that it's probably got 3 bedrooms and could hold 3 homeless people.
BUT one of the women on the show said she couldn't cope with a shared place and needed her own place. BUT it'd be nice for everyone, but touch, homeless or a shred room?
They also touched on the fact that hostel costs £1300 a month and that whilst they're on bennys it's paid but as soon as they get a job they have to find that money themselves. So a trap. 

By my guesstimates then 10% of the homeless problem UK wide could be solved by opening up Manchester's mothballed bedsits.

But. If we're admitting shelter is essential for all then everyone should have a free house.

6 hours ago, One percent said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45162892

The government has vowed to end rough sleeping on England's streets by 2027.

It has promised £100m "to help people turn their lives around", including support for mental health and addictions, and funding for housing.

Homelessness has been on the rise for the past seven years, with around 4,750 people estimated to be sleeping rough on any given night in England in 2017.

Charities welcomed the plan, but warned that it was "a step forward and not a total fix".

scant on details.

my biggest concern is that if this the isn’t limited to indigenous people, it will become a magnet for every hobo, tramp and chancer in the EU and beyond. 

The charities will need more money?  Better get a bigger funnel.

It's sad because these people will mostly have an addiction and/or serious mental illness to treat.

I reckon the best solution would be a hostel type setup, only run by the actual homeless folk staying at it. So you give them responsibilities, a roof over their head and a meal, and they have to help run the place so they've got something to do all day rather than get off their tits on something.

Although this is worth watching too regarding San Fran's drug/homless problem:

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

It's sad because these people will mostly have an addiction and/or serious mental illness to treat.

I reckon the best solution would be a hostel type setup, only run by the actual homeless folk staying at it. So you give them responsibilities, a roof over their head and a meal, and they have to help run the place so they've got something to do all day rather than get off their tits on something.

Although this is worth watching too regarding San Fran's drug/homless problem:

Formally known as the workhouse. Agree. Give them a roof and a focus. 

1 minute ago, UmBongo said:

Build more council homes and strengthen support for those with social probkems and/or addictions.

I think that is the only solution. Anyone that is 100% reliant on housing benefit to pay the rent should be in a council house. 

It isn't a shortage of housing. We have 4,000 rough sleepers. We have 500k immigrants every year. If we stopped immigration from now until Friday we could solve the problem if that was the reason.

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

It isn't a shortage of housing. We have 4,000 rough sleepers. We have 500k immigrants every year. If we stopped immigration from now until Friday we could solve the problem if that was the reason.

Residential properties being left empty too. Encourage the owners to get them back into use asap