• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Trump vows to double steel and aluminum tariffs on Turkey                                                                   

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics/trump-tariffs-turkey-trade-steel-aluminum/index.html

Edited by Long time lurking

Turkey has been making all sorts of threats to the US and the EU in recent weeks. I think they are going to keep the USD rising in order to get Erdogan out or, at the very least, to get him to toe the line. I don't think he is the toeing the line kind though - not in the longterm.

There's a ton of Hair Transplant doctors in Turkey; the quality's a bit hit and miss but they're a fraction of the price of US/UK transplant surgeons...

....and they just got even cheaper! Dosbods meetup in Turkey, anyone?

The folks go there at least once every year. This is the first year theyre actually bringing alcohol into the country (I wondered if thats legal, guess they'll find out!) due to the taxes on alcohol being progressively increased over the last few years by Sultan Erdogan. Apparently UK booze now cheaper than Turkey. 

They also report that the call to prayer has been getting louder, longer, and more invasive over the last decade.

But, its cheap they tell me!

33 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

There's a ton of Hair Transplant doctors in Turkey; the quality's a bit hit and miss but they're a fraction of the price of US/UK transplant surgeons...

Fuck that i`m not into the cabbage patch doll look ...ill stick with a No1

21 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Real reason?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gazprom-turkey/russia-and-turkey-ink-pipeline-agreement-end-gas-dispute-idUSKCN1IR0MO

Yanks/israel/saudi/us/opec seem to really dislike the idea of Russians being able to make a dent in the Saudi et al monopoly. Heavens forbid people have access to other suppliers.

The cold war never finished it just paused in the mother of all Mexican stand offs when they realised it was in no ones interests to nuke each other into oblivion ,since then it`s been fought with proxy and financial wars 

America hit the Russians when they were down (financially) in the 90`s by kicking off in the middle east ,the middle east was and still is considered by Russia as their buffer (a place full of useful idiots) between them and the west 

Nothing has changed 

47 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Saddos convention you mean?  No thanks. Happy to meet my fellow Willis /Statham lookalikes.

Was surprised Shane Warne did this - would have expected a man of his apparent high confidence to be shaved and proud. 

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Saddos convention you mean?  No thanks. Happy to meet my fellow Willis /Statham lookalikes.

Was surprised Shane Warne did this - would have expected a man of his apparent high confidence to be shaved and proud. 

Funny you mention Shane Warne - he popped up on my YouTube for some reason this morning and a right Liberace look about him - obvious facial surgery and dodgy over the top hair. Idiot.

German chancellor Angela Merkel has now waded into the crisis, urging Turkey to ensure the independence of its central bank.

Merkel told a news conference in Berlin that:

“No one has an interest in an economic destabilisation inTurkey. But everything must be done to ensure an independent central bank,.

Germany would like to see an economically prosperous Turkey. This is in our interest.‚ÄĚ

The Turkish central bank has been restricted by Erdońüan‚Äôs opposition to higher borrowing costs (he believes they cause inflation, while most economists believe they restrict it).

Turkish interest rates are currently 17.75% -- very high by current standards. Some City experts, though, argue they should be hiked by over 1000 basis points (to around 27%) to prop up the lira.

Captain i think we have a problem

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/aug/13/turkey-financial-crisis-contagion-fears-hit-markets-as-central-bank-takes-action-business-live

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Wow, that’s some difference 

From my post above ...who`s being duped ?

The Turkish central bank has been restricted by Erdońüan‚Äôs opposition to higher borrowing costs (he believes they cause inflation, while most economists believe they restrict it).

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Isn’t their main issue tariffs that have been imposed by America?  Genuine question as I don’t understand economics. 

They don`t help but they have not yet been implemented ..... one could say someone is just twisting the knife, for me the key is in what the Merkin said in the quote, in my post above regarding Turkeys central bank whether this is all about Erdogan or the central banking cartel or a bit of both i`m not to sure 

5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

They don`t help but they have not yet been implemented ..... one could say someone is just twisting the knife, for me the key is in what the Merkin said in the quote, in my post above regarding Turkeys central bank whether this is all about Erdogan or the central banking cartel or a bit of both i`m not to sure 

Ta.  The only thing is that having a so-called independent banks appears to have done us no favours 

17 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ta.  The only thing is that having a so-called independent banks appears to have done us no favours 

Yep hence my question who`s being duped also is there such a thing a an independent central bank 

The first thing the TPTB did when Gaddafi was overthrown was set up a central bank i think theres a theme 

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Yep hence my question who`s being duped also is there such a thing a an independent central bank 

The first thing the TPTB did when Gaddafi was overthrown was set up a central bank i think theres a theme 

It is the banksters way of screwing a country - set up a central bank.