• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
ILikeCake

Car Broken Into

Recommended Posts

First day back at work after a weeks a holiday.  Decided to go for a short walk at lunch as the sun was out.  Parked my car at a well known picnic spot with a few people around.  Some thieving scum bag smashed my passenger window and stole my work bag & packed lunch box.  Police weren't interested.  Not worth claiming on insurance due to the excess.  I'm gutted and actually quite upset by it.  Well out of pocket and It's going to cause me a nightmare due to some of the stuff that was in the bag.

Edited by ILikeCake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the loss but it`s never wise to leave a bag in the car especially in plain sight ,the feckers always think laptops or cameras regardless of whats in it you will end up with a bill for the window ,i lernt my lesson years ago i had a cool bag/bait bag that looked like a laptop case the feckers did the window for two mackerel and a box of squid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scummy bastards. Console yourself by knowing your life is immeasurably better than theirs.

If you're handy then get a second hand window from a breakers and fix it yourself. It'll save money and you'll have achieved something.

And yes, don't leave anything on display in future. 

Edited by Iamcynical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

Police weren't interested.

Similar thing happened to my neighbours recently.

Car broken into and ransacked but caught perfectly on another neighbours HD CCTV.

Police not interested either.

Too busy going after hate crimes? 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.

I know I shouldn't have left the bag on display but it wouldn't fit in the boot as it's currently full of work stuff.  I'll take it with me in future but shouldn't have to.  I've already booked the car in to have the window replaced tomorrow morning as I need it for work.  It was the last thing I needed today, I'll get over it in a couple days but I'm fuming at the moment and once again questioning why I bother going to work etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scum.

Happened to me years ago. Did the rear quarter light glass and tried to pull the jbl speakers out of the parcel shelf.

They couldnt get them out, so they ran the screw driver through the cones for me.

F*****g C***s.

 

Any dashcam footage? Too late now i suppose.

 

Change all passwords as a matter of priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet I bet if you caught the bastards and electrocuted his testicles with a 240 volt battery, you'd be the one in trouble

The systems all fucking wrong

Have you considered ringing the Police and telling them you are a muslim, and that you suspect the crime was because of your new religion?

Seriously - they can't prove you're not, and they get extra brownie points for solving crimes such as that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Similar thing happened to my neighbours recently.

Car broken into and ransacked but caught perfectly on another neighbours HD CCTV.

Police not interested either.

Too busy going after hate crimes? 9_9

Police aren't interested in CCTV. My work was burgled twice with the guys caught on camera including the van they were driving, tried to arrange the footage to be passed onto police to the PC who visited site, straight through to VM on multiple occasions and no reply to my messages. Stopped chasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

And yet I bet if you caught the bastards and electrocuted his testicles with a 240 volt battery, you'd be the one in trouble

The systems all fucking wrong

Have you considered ringing the Police and telling them you are a muslim, and that you suspect the crime was because of your new religion?

Seriously - they can't prove you're not, and they get extra brownie points for solving crimes such as that

 

The thought has crossed my mind, as you say the systems all fucking wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Police aren't interested in CCTV.

Actually in the past they used to expect CCTV paid for by a complainant, which I thought was lazy at the time.

Now they don't give a fuck even if there is CCTV evidence.

That's progress!

Edited by JackieO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shindigger said:

Scum.

Happened to me years ago. Did the rear quarter light glass and tried to pull the jbl speakers out of the parcel shelf.

They couldnt get them out, so they ran the screw driver through the cones for me.

F*****g C***s.

 

Any dashcam footage? Too late now i suppose.

 

Change all passwords as a matter of priority.

No password information stolen I don't think but I'll change them just in case.  Luckily my laptop and nothing too valuable was in the bag but it's the hassle of sorting what was taken i.e. work phone, dongle,  RSA tag and all my work id's, safety passport etc.  It's means I now can't do my job properly and will take ages to get sorted.  There were also a couple of sentimental items that can't be replaced...and all for what? Scruffy twats.  I won't make the same mistake again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

No password information stolen I don't think but I'll change them just in case.  Luckily my laptop and nothing too valuable was in the bag but it's the hassle of sorting what was taken i.e. work phone, dongle,  RSA tag and all my work id's, safety passport etc.  It's means I now can't do my job properly and will take ages to get sorted.  There were also a couple of sentimental items that can't be replaced...and all for what? Scruffy twats.  I won't make the same mistake again.

That's a real pain in the arse. Replacing the window is probably the easiest bit.

Had my Alfa Spider broken into twice. Both times they slashed the roof but there was nothing to take. What pissed me off most was that I deliberately never locked it. They could have just opened the door and saved me £600.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

That's a real pain in the arse. Replacing the window is probably the easiest bit.

Had my Alfa Spider broken into twice. Both times they slashed the roof but there was nothing to take. What pissed me off most was that I deliberately never locked it. They could have just opened the door and saved me £600.

 

Yeah the window is the easy bit.  If I didn't have to work I'd just replace the window and be a bit pissed off.  As it stands I'm a bit fucked for while.  The annoying thing is none of the stuff is really worth anything to anyone else but I'm knackered without it.  I reckon the bag was probably tossed quite close to the car but I couldn't find it.

That's shit, some people are just scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Sorry for the loss but it`s never wise to leave a bag in the car especially in plain sight ,the feckers always think laptops or cameras regardless of whats in it you will end up with a bill for the window ,i lernt my lesson years ago i had a cool bag/bait bag that looked like a laptop case the feckers did the window for two mackerel and a box of squid 

One time I left a leather cartridge bag (shooting) on the front passenger seat that must have been mistaken for a ladies handbag, again at a picnic spot and returned 15 minutes later to find the thieves had used a crowbar to pop out the window from the inside as the police told me this was silent. Other than that snippet of information they weren't interested either and told me to claim on my insurance which I had to do as the *repair cost came to £1,400. 

*to get the crowbar on the inside the thieves levered through the c-pillar which made a real mess that had to be cut out and a new section welded in its place.

Edited by longtomsilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

One time I left a leather cartridge bag (shooting) on the front passenger seat that must have been mistaken for a ladies handbag, again at a picnic spot and returned 15 minutes later to find the thieves had used a crowbar to pop out the window from the inside as the police told me this was silent. Other than that snippet of information they weren't interested either and told me to claim on my insurance which I had to do as the *repair cost came to £1,400. 

*to get the crowbar on the inside the thieves levered through the c-pillar which made a real mess that had to be cut out and a new section welded in its place.

That reminds me of another time I was broken into. Effingham Junction Station car park. The buggers removed the windscreen and left it intact leaning up against the front of the car and nicked the radio. Had to call out autoglass to put the screen back in. 

I will admit I got in the car and started it before I realised the windscreen was missing.  

We get a better class of car thief in Surrey.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never leave anything in plain sight: I learnt that lesson with my first car (Austin Metro). I'd left a sixpack of coke cans on the back seat & parked the car overnight in a part of South Manchester where some taxis refused to go . Ratboy and his mates broke the door lock - just to get at a couple of cans. They didn't even take the whole sixpack :PissedOff:

It's normal to feel upset and angry - but try to let it go. The scum who did this are not worth your anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iamcynical said:

Scummy bastards. Console yourself by knowing your life is immeasurably better than theirs.

If you're handy then get a second hand window from a breakers and fix it yourself. It'll save money and you'll have achieved something.

And yes, don't leave anything on display in future. 

Got to find a breakers yard first, they hardly exist as most certainly round here are merely scrap metal merchants.

Burgled twice last year, severely interrupted my work  and securing everything around the house/garden, adding security which is still ongoing and I just shifted almost completely to doing up house, big fat tax rebate due (in post this morning) and I doubt I'll be paying any direct tax this year, feck it.

Commiserations to OP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Never leave anything in plain sight: I learnt that lesson with my first car (Austin Metro). I'd left a sixpack of coke cans on the back seat & parked the car overnight in a part of South Manchester where some taxis refused to go . Ratboy and his mates broke the door lock - just to get at a couple of cans. They didn't even take the whole sixpack :PissedOff:

It's normal to feel upset and angry - but try to let it go. The scum who did this are not worth your anger.

Going back a bit but does anyone remember those garfield cat things back in the 90s that people stuck on the inside of their car windows? My Mum had one and yes, some ahole smashed the window for a bloody garfield cat.

 

@ILikeCake    I've had my car broken into before, I think what makes it worse is the frustation of feeling powerless to do anything about it and the fact that the scumbag will most likely get away with it. I can feel your understandable annoyance at this.

I hope they choke on your sandwiches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.