• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
ccc

Female comedienne

I saw her recently getting interviewed on TV for some reason. I watched for 5 minutes wondering why the interviewers were laughing. 

I now just flicked channels and see she has a show on the So-Called BBC.

I've forced myself to watch 20 mins of it. 

I understand different people have different views on things and all.

But fuck me. I just don't get it. It's beyond terrible. 

Anyone else seen this one ? 

I know who you are referring to. To be fair to her, even though she's not in the slightest bit funny,  at least she's not as batshit  as this female  'comedienne':

https://youtu.be/xKPKJ9f0dx4

Just now, MrPin said:

I am sometimes appalled by men's humour, and disappointed by women's, but this is not a problem here!

I've heard women comics come on say "Alright ladies" and then launch into a string of "What are men like eh girls?" jokes.  It's aimed at women like Alannis Morisette is music for women.

There are plenty not like this, French and Saunders spring to mind, but you do get these by women for women comics.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've heard women comics come on say "Alright ladies" and then launch into a string of "What are men like eh girls?" jokes.  It's aimed at women like Alannis Morisette is music for women.

There are plenty not like this, French and Saunders spring to mind, but you do get these by women for women comics.

French and Saunders were smashing together! They were excellent joke mongers!

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I like French and Saunders. As a devotee of 'The Comic Strip', I'd say they were brilliant.  I thought the 80's was a great decade for comedy (and music.) Now, we seem to get crap like The Last leg. 

1 minute ago, Tabasco Kid said:

I like French and Saunders. As a devotee of 'The Comic Strip', I'd say they were brilliant.  I thought the 80's was a great decade for comedy (and music.) Now, we seem to get crap like The Last leg. 

The smart thing about F & S, is that blokes could have done it! I'll bet they are funny in "the pub"!

58 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Luisa Omielan.

Very much aimed at women.

the So-Called BBC has a habit of randomly selecting comics to get their own shows. John Bishop was plucked from obscurity; not one I find funny myself.

John Bishop - I cannot cite one 'joke' uttered by this bloke. I can with Stan Boardman :

https://youtu.be/-8Yf5B6GbYk

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Luisa Omielan.

the So-Called BBC has a habit of randomly selecting comics to get their own shows. John Bishop was plucked from obscurity; not one I find funny myself.

Yes the audience was probably 98% female or so.

Her entire show seemed to be MEN. That was about it. Whilst the entire point is that it's aimed at the single ladies who are happy to be that way. Quite sad really.

Oh and she refers to her audience as "Beetches!!" 

That's hilarious apparently. 

32 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Girls seem to appeal more (to blokes at least) in clown/slapstick comedy.

French and Saunders (play two idiots)

Friends (Rachel / Phoebe / Monica). One dizzy, one dopey one crazy.

Big Bang Theory (Penny) dizzy blonde

Somehow females being pisssed-off / sarcastic / condescending / political / dead-pan just doesn't seem to work as well as when male comedians do it.

42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Everybody tells jokes about their life experience, but for some people this sort of identity politics seems to be their whole act.

Normally this sort of limited one dimensional comedian wouldn't make much headway, but PC culture is that everybody can do everything, and when you're a BBC commissioning editor tasked with finding a woman comedian, a woman who goes on about women's things all the time fits the brief perfectly.

So it's just talentless people pushed forward to try to advance a political ideology.

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Everybody tells jokes about their life experience, but for some people this sort of identity politics seems to be their whole act.

Normally this sort of limited one dimensional comedian wouldn't make much headway, but PC culture is that everybody can do everything, and when you're a BBC commissioning editor tasked with finding a woman comedian, a woman who goes on about women's things all the time fits the brief perfectly.

So it's just talentless people pushed forward to try to advance a political ideology.

Yup, and is exactly why BBC comedy is utterly wank these days. It's all Identity Politics driven horseshit. 

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Jokes for Women then?O.o I obviously appreciate that people with a vagina need a laugh. But to have jokes specially made for them is discrimination!

If you watch any episode of The Comedians then a lot of those jokes are middle aged men telling jokes to middle aged men.  So humour for men.

There's a good comic down here, The Kernow King, who has as a large part of his act jokes aimed at Cornish people. And no I do not mean that he speaks very slowly before any "wit" pipes up.

1 hour ago, Tabasco Kid said:

I know who you are referring to. To be fair to her, even though she's not in the slightest bit funny,  at least she's not as batshit  as this female  'comedienne':

https://youtu.be/xKPKJ9f0dx4

My mistake - I thought you were referring to Miranda Hart!  I have never heard of this Luisa person. But she does indeed sound as batshit as Kate Smurthwaite  

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If you watch any episode of The Comedians then a lot of those jokes are middle aged men telling jokes to middle aged men.  So humour for men.

There's a good comic down here, The Kernow King, who has as a large part of his act jokes aimed at Cornish people. And no I do not mean that he speaks very slowly before any "wit" pipes up.

Every comedian does a bit of that sort of identity stuff, but the truly great ones are on another level.

One of my favourite jokes is a Victoria Wood joke about her hips setting off the alarm when she goes into Topshop. Even though that's actually a joke about being a women, it's more then that, it's a very good joke told by someone who happens to be a woman that touches on the whole human experience.

It's like the difference between a black comedian who just goes on about being black in an unfunny one dimensionnel way, and Richard Pryor who of course references his ethnicity, but is genuinely hilarious in a multifaceted way, as he is talking about his actual life experience with a great degree of pathos rather than just regurgitating clichés.

Edited by SpectrumFX

2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Every comedian does a bit of that sort of identity stuff, but the truly great ones are on another level.

One of my favourite jokes is a Victoria Wood joke about her hips setting off the alarm when she goes into Topshop. Even though that's actually a joke about being a women, it's more then that, it's a very good joke told by someone who happens to be a woman that touches on the whole human experience.

It's like the difference between a black comedian who just goes on about being black in an unfunny one dimensionnel way, and Richard Pryor who of course references his ethnicity, but is genuinely hilarious in a multifaceted way, as he is talking about his actual life experience with a great degree of pathos rather than just regurgitating clichés.

Oh yes, I absolutely see the difference.

The difference between a black comedian and a comedian who is black.

I used to.find this with poor Liverpool or Irish comedians who rode on the shirt tails of the good ones. Every single joke was about being Liverpudlian or Irish.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Luisa Omielan.

Ahh of Polish descent.

Always an agenda.

Youtubed her. Shes a bit old for her outfit. More of a comeduc persona. The clip i watched was just like listening to a 35 yo single woman at work go on about her failed (again) date at the weekend.

Gosh how funny peoples oridinary lives are .... its like she has to work and live in a crap bit if London.

I await the new batch of comics witheir amusing storues if how, when the lucense fee was sceapped, they have to scooter fastfood to council estates to eat, despite being 45 and having an Oxbride Eng Lit degree.

17 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I found richard pryor funny.

The thing i learned from his comedy was less that he was a blackman but that he did loads of coke and hoes to hillarious outcomes!