• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
null;

Revoke the So-Called BBC's Royal Charter.

Yep, another one of those pointless petitions. A rather feeble 3,782 signatures, not sure when it was started. Probably prompted by the bias shown in the reporting on Boris.

I've signed it anyway as I believe in the cause.

The irony is that a lot of SJW will be signing it because they believe that the Beeb is mean to their grandad Jezza. They all think that anything even slightly negative about Jez means the So-Called BBC are the tory mouthpiece and therefore evil. They just can't take criticism. The reality is that BBC give Jez a bloody easy ride when they should be laying into him something rotten given what he is and what he stands for.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/226446

Hello!  Thank you for mentioning this petition, which we are promoting.  We are already at 10,000 signatures.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/226446

We hope you can sign and share the petition around among friends, family and colleagues.

You can also visit our campaign website, here: https://campaigntoabolishthebbc.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your support!

Edited by Abolish the So-Called BBC

A bit pointless. Most people probably don't know or care what a Royal Charter is or what it stands for. It would be better to hit the Beeb where it hurts - campaign to stop the 'telly tax' and scrap the licence fee - that's all that's required, because the So-Called BBC can only get away with what it does because it knows the money will always be there no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

A bit pointless. Most people probably don't know or care what a Royal Charter is or what it stands for. It would be better to hit the Beeb where it hurts - campaign to stop the 'telly tax' and scrap the licence fee - that's all that's required, because the So-Called BBC can only get away with what it does because it knows the money will always be there no matter what. 

I disagree, it is better to let sleeping dogs lie. With every year the So-Called BBC becomes less relevant - by their own doing, mostly. The current system allows anyone to "opt out" and not fund them. It isn't difficult or risky in any way unless you are a bit thick.

The alternative being that any real attempt to axe the So-Called BBC will just result in lobbying from them to add it to Council Tax like in Germany which is a criminal offence to not pay. Fuck that!

32 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

No no no, way too revolutionary.

Lets just allow some competition where license tax payers can claim back their netflix subs from the So-Called BBC.

After all, if they are watching netflix then he BBC has failed in its remit to educate and entertain.

Of course if there's lower income then the So-Called BBC needs to look at offshoring a lot of costs. Lets bring some EE to do the work.

Lets drop some radio announcers and replace with text to speak. Maybe look at doing magazine programs where the audio is generated too.

On 10/09/2018 at 11:32, spunko said:

The current government will never revoke the Royal Charter, although I admire your positivity. Theresa is too weak to do anything except dance with some africans

Is there anything in the Royal Charter that tells them to play fair? ie. Without bias.

If so, then isn't it a criminal offense to break the terms of the Royal Charter?

A couple of beeb bigwigs standing trial for fraud would be fun.

Edited by jm51

On 14/08/2018 at 16:11, null; said:

The irony is that a lot of SJW will be signing it because they believe that the Beeb is mean to their grandad Jezza. They all think that anything even slightly negative about Jez means the So-Called BBC are the tory mouthpiece and therefore evil. They just can't take criticism. The reality is that BBC give Jez a bloody easy ride when they should be laying into him something rotten given what he is and what he stands for.

Im always amused by the Grauniad comments section which is full of "BBC Fascist right wing nazi tory pigs" kind of comments.

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Im always amused by the Grauniad comments section which is full of "BBC Fascist right wing nazi tory pigs" kind of comments.

I've come across some who are adamant that the So-Called BBC is right wing. Something that on here we think of as a conclusion only a fool could come to.

But these people really do genuienly believe it. It's just like religion, anything (even if factually correct) negative is considered to be some form of attack on their beliefs.

A lot of the comments stating that the So-Called BBC is "right-wing" are simply distractions, intended to give a phony perspective that doesn't exist.

Nobody actually believes the So-Called BBC is right-wing. You can write the names of the right of centre BBC employees on the back of your hand: Jeremy Paxman, Andrew Neil, and that's about it.

dfdfdff.png

That's what you call corporate image problems!

13 minutes ago, spunko said:

A lot of the comments stating that the So-Called BBC is "right-wing" are simply distractions, intended to give a phony perspective that doesn't exist.

Nobody actually believes the So-Called BBC is right-wing. You can write the names of the right of centre BBC employees on the back of your hand: Jeremy Paxman, Andrew Neil, and that's about it.

dfdfdff.png

So all those SJWs who say its right wing are knowingly telling fibs which are the opposite of the truth - would not surprise me at all but I still think some do believe it.

I had this on my list of SJW traits, must see if I can find it again.

A repost of the how to spot a SJW list:

- Ignore difficult questions

- Make unfounded claims

- Claim any source of information that goes against their ideology is bias or fake news

- Will then use a well known bias source of information as if it is gospel

- Are bigoted

- Get shouty/agressive and make large numbers of posts (I have no idea how they find the time!)

- Use reversal, e.g. you expose their bigotry and then they claim you are the bigot. You prove them wrong but they claim the opposite.

- Will call people names and use derogatory terms (I don't have a problem with this but it shows the level they are at)

- Are aware of Godwins law so try to avoid it by using terms such as white supremist or fascist

- Are very intolerant and problably the closest to being fascist I have seen in recent times

- Treat their ideology more like a religion and it's almost like an atheist trying to argue with the Pope that God does not exist

- Make ad hominem attacks

- Present assumptions and/or personal views as fact

1 hour ago, spunko said:

dfdfdff.png

A friend of mine is a minor name newsreader on the So-Called BBC.

He is referred to internally as 'The Conservative one'

Which I think tells you all you need to know.