• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

UmBongo

Jack Whitehall faces backlash as Disney's first gay man

Just watched the report on the Biased Corporation's News 24. I have to say that I was a bit annoyed as to why the lefties are up in arms about this. FFS. ¬¬

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45171052

Omar Shariff Junior's twatter post equally annoyed me.

Can't they find something better (or worse) to complain about?

Edited by UmBongo
first not 'forst'!

6 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Just watched the report on the Biased Corporation's News 24. I have to say that I was a bit annoyed as to why the lefties are up in arms about this. FFS. ¬¬

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45171052

Omar Shariff Junior's twatter post equally annoyed me.

Can't they find something better (or worse) to complain about?

Jack's role is rumoured to be "hugely effete, very camp and very funny" and some people have argued that having a straight man act like this is "perpetuating stereotypes".

Erm, why would they want a gay man playing a bad steroetype?  Or not.

Just asking, but has a gay person ever played a straight person?  

Thought so.  

Why was the straight community not up in arms about this appropriation?  

Apparenty stephen fry has come out (not in that way, he already is 9_9) in support of Whitehall in this role. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Apparenty stephen fry has come out (not in that way, he already is 9_9) in support of Whitehall in this role. 

SF had played straight male characters according to his tweet. And that ginger woman from Sex & the City...Cynthia Nixon?? And Portia de Rossi. :)

Just now, UmBongo said:

SF had played straight male characters according to his tweet. And that ginger woman from Sex & the City...Cynthia Nixon?? And Portia de Rossi. :)

How very dare he. I’m triggered. Sauce/goose/gander springs to mind 

Next time a gay man is given a straight part in a film or play I will be up in arms! Except that I won’t, because that would be the kind of cuntish identity politics favoured by the left wing twatter mob and is morally indefensible.

The sheer numbers of gay people in acting/Hollywood suggests that the whole place is heterophobic, and there's no surprise that a poor straight guy has been attacked in this way.

58 minutes ago, eight said:

I've had my doubts about Buzz Lightyear.

As a parent I sat through hours of shite films with my kids but I have to put Toy Story l up there in my favourite film list. Fantastic! I rewatch it now and again. My favourite character in it is Buzz Lightyear...Space Ranger. Fabulous! Sorry to gush but it was so good and funny too.

Anyway, back on topic. IMO acting is about pretending to be another character so WTF does it matter what you are in the first place!

So....

Woman playing Dr Who, a male role, is good

The possibility of a black man playing James Bond, a character who is very defintely an orphan from a titled Scottish family, is good

But a straight man playing a gay man, is shameful

No.  Not getting this.

1 hour ago, PatronizingGit said:

Havent the gay lobby been telling us were all 'a bit' gay for the last decade or so? "its a spectrum" and all that.

ie  https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/3e75b380-f622-4345-a383-4f948fc1013c

They can tell all they like.

Never been interested in a bloke ever.

Or fat butch women.

This no binary is all bollox for 99%.

Obviuously theres a few people like xyy living lue - drinking beer, shacked up with women, then drilling holes in public bogs.

It has gone beyond a joke,we have equality more or less and people are just going out of their way to try and be offended.

Is anyone bothered if a homosexual plays a heterosexual part?

This kind of thing shows how spoiled and decadent Western culture has become.

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

As a parent I sat through hours of shite films with my kids but I have to put Toy Story l up there in my favourite film list. Fantastic! I rewatch it now and again. My favourite character in it is Buzz Lightyear...Space Ranger. Fabulous! Sorry to gush but it was so good and funny too.

Great film  "see the hat, I'm Mrs Nesbit".

If the amount of closeted gays in Hollywood is right, I reckon 50% of straight roles are played by gays. Who bloody cares - a good actor shouldn't be defined by their sexuality.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

So....

Woman playing Dr Who, a male role, is good

The possibility of a black man playing James Bond, a character who is very defintely an orphan from a titled Scottish family, is good

But a straight man playing a gay man, is shameful

No.  Not getting this.

It is an anti white male agenda. Very sinister.