DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

New Zealand bans property sales to foreign buyers

One percent

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

The other thing is that the So-Called BBC have this filed under Asia. 

with at least 2 other Australian stories. I'm guessing the unpaid intern dosn't know they have an Australia catergory

I'd have thought that around the world most countries have at least a residency requirement, if not outright citizenship requirement.

Even quite a few countries in the EU have a residency requirement -- I'd have thought this is counter to the 'United States of EU' ethos.

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, snaga said:

with at least 2 other Australian stories. I'm guessing the unpaid intern dosn't know they have an Australia catergory

Have you been to Auckland or Sydney in the last 20 years? They look pretty Asian to me.....:ph34r:

And the foreign buyers are mainly Asian, I think.

7 hours ago, Green Devil said:

property section @spunko2010 ?

I deliberately put the thread in off topic as there is more traffic thus more debate to be had. 

Pit is also not as serious so more opportunity for going off topic :)

@spunko2010

59 minutes ago, One percent said:

I deliberately put the thread in off topic as there is more traffic thus more debate to be had. 

Pit is also not as serious so more opportunity for going off topic :)

@spunko2010

Vicious circle as nobody will use Property if all the decent threads are in the Off topic one though shirley! :P

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Vicious circle as nobody will use Property if all the decent threads are in the Off topic one though shirley! :P

Who are you calling Shirley?  xD

true, I tend not to go to any of the economic parts of the forum. Off topic is too much fun and I might miss something 

sancho panza
4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Quite right.I barely go on ToS now the deflation thread has moved over.We could do with some company down here in the cellar.

sancho panza

https://www.scmp.com/property/international/article/2159560/housing-market-auckland-could-see-similar-price-drops

'New Zealand economists believe Auckland’s housing market could follow similar trends to major Australian cities and experience price drops.

Sydney house prices are down 5 per cent according to CoreLogic figures, and Melbourne prices are down half a per cent for the first time in six years.

ANZ chief economist Sharon Zollner said she was watching the New Zealand market with interest because of what was happening across the Tasman Sea.

“Another risk has emerged on the horizon and that would be contagion from a more marked slowdown in the Australian housing market than is currently expected,” she said.

However, Craigs Investment Partners’ Mark Lister told The Herald it could happen but he believed a price decrease was unlikely in the current economic climate.

“It’s not my expectation that it will happen here, not while our economy is as strong as it is – but you’d be very naive to rule out the prospect of house prices falling.'

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

RE: "New Zealand bans property sales to foreign buyers"

GOOD ...When the fcuk is this BAN foreign buyers rule going to come to the UK?:Old:

5 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

RE: "New Zealand bans property sales to foreign buyers"

GOOD ...When the fcuk is this BAN foreign buyers rule going to come to the UK?:Old:

Never. Most of the uk populqtion is foreigners anyway..

7 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Never. Most of the uk populqtion is foreigners anyway..

What is a pure `Englishman`?..genetically (due to our history), we are a barstard nation...it does perplex me however that most of the EC can have these restrictive laws on house ownership, right to citizenship or tighter benefits systems yet the UK doesn't...and they wonder why the Brexit vote went the way it did!...I can only assume it's because our politicians are either incompetent or it benefits their `paymasters` I.e cheap labour rates, ready supply of renters (and competition), `milking` the workforce for a higher % of their take home pay.

Archived