• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Gin Festivals

Recommended Posts

How did we get from gin dens, to mothersruin, to festival?

Got a fb flag from a woman.

I googled. They are everywhere.

Its like a beer festival but for middle aged woman.

Basically, if you fancy pulling a legless, middle aged woman, in tears, then there you go.

How can this last a day? Youll be shitfaced in 2h.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

There's a regular one in Plymouth.

I wouldn't trust myself to go to one.

With the Gin?

Or the pissed women?

Frankly, id not trust the women going there. Id be ripped to shreds by a bunch of pissed up divorcees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure about the trend towards specialist gins. I'm enjoying the craft beer movement as I have always had a weakness for hoppy IPA type beers. When it comes to gin I am completely swept along by all the marketing fluff about "unique mix of signature botanicals" and "heady citrus notes" until I see that they want £35 a bottle..... I can't see past the wine society's high strength at £18.50 a bottle or Plymouth if I'm feeling flush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

I'm not sure about the trend towards specialist gins. I'm enjoying the craft beer movement as I have always had a weakness for hoppy IPA type beers. When it comes to gin I am completely swept along by all the marketing fluff about "unique mix of signature botanicals" and "heady citrus notes" until I see that they want £35 a bottle..... I can't see past the wine society's high strength at £18.50 a bottle or Plymouth if I'm feeling flush.

Just seems like a thin veneer to cover up getting shitfaced.

Not sure what the difference is between alchitramp drink 8acer, a middle aged ginster or ipaer - theyll all wet their pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I do love a gin and tonic now and I'd never even tasted gin until about 3 years ago.

Fevertree tonic, bit of lime, perfection.

If you use a decent tonic a bottle of Gordon's or Tanqueray is absolutely fine and as you say, half the price of boutique gins

Edited by choochoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

With the Gin?

Or the pissed women?

Frankly, id not trust the women going there. Id be ripped to shreds by a bunch of pissed up divorcees.

I was thinking the gin, a sip of this, a sip of that, then you go to stand up and your legs have gone.

Spirits are dangerous (for me) as I don't notice how drunk I'm getting, unlike when drinking beer, so I'll think I'm fine until I literally fall over.

I have about three double whiskies a year, Christmas and birthdays, and that is my total spirits intake these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like gin, dangerous to get pissed on though. Thirty five quid a bottle is taking the Micheal however, same with the single malts. I swear I remember a time not too long ago when they went for around twenty quid or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I was thinking the gin, a sip of this, a sip of that, then you go to stand up and your legs have gone.

Spirits are dangerous (for me) as I don't notice how drunk I'm getting, unlike when drinking beer, so I'll think I'm fine until I literally fall over.

I have about three double whiskies a year, Christmas and birthdays, and that is my total spirits intake these days.

They are dangerous to everyone esp. Women.

I can drink 10 pints of 3% beer over 5h. Id be drunk but functioning and mobile.

Compress the time or increase the %age and it gets messy.

Women have less body mass. Im a solid 6.1 and can absorb the booze.

A 5.2 skinny woman whos skipped breakfast to wear a nice dress.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, spygirl said:

How did we get from gin dens, to mothersruin, to festival?

Got a fb flag from a woman.

I googled. They are everywhere.

Its like a beer festival but for middle aged woman.

Basically, if you fancy pulling a legless, middle aged woman, in tears, then there you go.

How can this last a day? Youll be shitfaced in 2h.

I drink gin.  I like it.  I don't do tears or getting pulled drunk.  :D

10 minutes ago, choochoo said:

Have to say I do love a gin and tonic now and I'd never even tasted gin until about 3 years ago.

Fevertree tonic, bit of lime, perfection.

If you use a decent tonic a bottle of Gordon's or Tanqueray is absolutely fine and as you say, half the price of boutique gins

Yes!  The fevertree is lovely.  Paired with adnam's copper house.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I drink gin.  I like it.  I don't do tears or getting pulled drunk.  :D

Yes!  The fevertree is lovely.  Paired with adnam's copper house.  :)

Drunk is being ott.

Spirits youll be comatosed and took back to the foriegn taxi drivers squat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to be a curmudgeon but I don't get on with Fevertree tonic either.  Sickly sweet to my taste but obviously to each their own. Have tried LIDL own brand which is inoffensive at best and so find myself coming back to Schweppes and a slice of lime/lemon/cucumber depending on my mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One percent said:

For anyone interested, Waitrose is doing the adnam's copper house on special. Five quid off. :)  happy days 

Indeed, just got back from Waitrose,  20% of most of their gins! Purchased a bottle of Bloom. Also like Silent Pool, locally produced near Guildford. Don't like Gordon's but Bombay Sapphire is nice enough for an everyday gin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Indeed, just got back from Waitrose,  20% of most of their gins! Purchased a bottle of Bloom. Also like Silent Pool, locally produced near Guildford. Don't like Gordon's but Bombay Sapphire is nice enough for an everyday gin. 

I've not tried those dipsy, so thanks for the recommendation. Beefeater keeps getting mentioned as a good gin but I'm failing to track it down. Used to be everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I've not tried those dipsy, so thanks for the recommendation. Beefeater keeps getting mentioned as a good gin but I'm failing to track it down. Used to be everywhere. 

I've posted before that the new gin expert appointed to somewhere (Parliament, The Royals?) was asked on the radio last year what was the best mainstream gin and he said Beefeater.

He was one of these artisan makers and nothing to do with Beefeater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've posted before that the new gin expert appointed to somewhere (Parliament, The Royals?) was asked on the radio last year what was the best mainstream gin and he said Beefeater.

He was one of these artisan makers and nothing to do with Beefeater.

I've not had Beefeater, will give it a try. Sipsmith London Dry is good as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spygirl said:

How did we get from gin dens, to mothersruin, to festival?

Got a fb flag from a woman.

I googled. They are everywhere.

Its like a beer festival but for middle aged woman.

Basically, if you fancy pulling a legless, middle aged woman, in tears, then there you go.

How can this last a day? Youll be shitfaced in 2h.

No problem for me. I can drink any amount of gin without getting pissed or maudlin. Long years of practice. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

When you source it dipsy, please report back, I can't find it. 

It's on Amazon at £12.80 a bottle, have ordered some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.