• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Band

Video adverts on most website

Anyone on here who can tell me how i can get rid of these ads that are seemingly on most websites these days.(not DOSBODS though)

Even TOS has them streaming on all the time so you cant read the fucken topic, so a reason to stop visiting the website.

So any advice on how to get rid of these fucken annoying ads is much appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Banned said:

Doesnt work i just clicked on the Telegraphs and Mails websites and videos started streaming

works for me, but the video of the shooting in florida started streaming, that's not an advert though.

Edited by snaga

The internet is being killed by money grabbing tossers. I want no part of it.

I only go on this site, Hargreaves Lansdown, Duolingo, and a few select personal blogs that I've stumbled across over the years.

I also look at Twitter and YouTube using the apps on my phone. I gave up the Duolingo app when it went add crazy, and will have to give it up altogether If the web version ever does the same.

I occasionally follow links to other sites. If they have video ads I immediately close the window and never go back.

Fuck 'em I can't be bothered with it.

https://adblockplus.org/

a lot of sites recognise it now and dont allow you to go any further without disabling it, usually disabling it doesnt work so they are asking you to uninstall it, i just close the sites and do without.

switching off javascript on FF can usually bypass the adblock check.

some sites like zero hedge just shoot themselves in the foot, they are completely unusable with an ad blocker.

FF does have an auto play blocker for like daily mail shit but ive never bothered to look for it, i just close them as soon as they start, they often start in the right hand corner when you scroll down past them, really annoying and enough to stop me even going there.