• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bkkandrew

Compare and contrast - Trump's ME policy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/20/iran-reformer-hassan-rouhani-course-landslide-victory-hardline/

So Trump's FIRST overseas visit is Saudi, which is an extreme version of a medieval cult that refuses democracy, meanwhile he demonises Iran on the day they are holding free and fair elections, overwhelmingly electing the moderate candidate.

Maybe his pilot just mixed up the two destinations of whom he should make friends with? 

Bloody GPS!

BBC angle: Mock Trump's previous comments on Saudi Arabia but don't give any indication of how accurate they might be.  Focus instead on the hypocrisy. 

The trump thing is fun.

Hows it going to end?

Hes just a vain small co ceo. 

But.....

Decisions are being delegated to whatever leutenant has his trust. He gives chances and sacks those who fuck up. What you are seeing is a political meritocracy. Theres now favours owing to the party machine, which are huge in the US.

Foriegn jollies are like meeting people a the golf club. Trump is club president. Other countries have to bring him tribute. US has been too polite when dealing eith other cou tries. Trumps claim about us getting the shitty end of the trade stick is true regarding china. Us has always operated trade as a soft power. No problems when other party is much smaller than us. China is about same size now. If you yhink china trades fairly you are smoking crack - uber merchantilist policy out of control.

And the saudis. The head honchos hate the loons but they in a bind in supporting them, which was on the proviso they keep it away from them. Bad move. Al sauds must worry about getting killed every second.

These are the whatifs that have escaped the proper us pols, being proper polite pols.

Restrain Nkrks. Possible. Could be used as leverage over china. They need yo throw norks under wheels soonish. Thtowing bone to trump could be the driver.

Palestine. Trump has no real interest. Israel need to suck up, saudis need to suck up. What if he made progress in the me. Threats to jews, suckup from saudis.

What if trump wins a Nobel peace prize. Hes rich, so does not need the speech route. He does like shiny things like medals.

Fun fun fun.

I'm wondering what this particular circus is about. It was mentioned that trump had 'won' a massive amount of contracts. Highly unlikely as I doubt that spending significant amounts of money would be decided at the drop of a hat

What was it, three hundred billion of arms contracts?  Realpolitik.

I entirely agree about Iran; you only had to look at their women voting (happy, well dressed, wearing make up) to see that Iran is a whole world away from the mediaeval barbarism currently infecting so much of North Africa, the Middle East, and tribal Pakistan and Afghanistan.

There is russia. Which is wierd now.

All the west needs is yo respect russian interests syrua, ukraine. Invite Putin to jollies and dont treat him as a dick. And theyll behave.

Sure Russia fiddkes around and messes with stuff. It was out spent on hard power by nato, so is looking for other avenues of power. It can be easily managed.

And russia hares political islam. So do china.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I entirely agree about Iran; you only had to look at their women voting (happy, well dressed, wearing make up) to see that Iran is a whole world away from the mediaeval barbarism currently infecting so much of North Africa, the Middle East, and tribal Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Difference is that average iranian has trader genes, is rational and open to the world, friendly. The religous core is not, bunch of twats. 

Saudis only the top tier is open to world but only on their terms. Bunch of fishermen with oil. The bulk of saudi population are lazy religious loons now.

Agsin yheres a chance eith Iran for Trump.

The rrligous stuff is a big threat to Al sauds now. 

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Posted this on another thread "listening to the MSM who would have thought it"

22 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

4 hours ago, One percent said:

I'm wondering what this particular circus is about. It was mentioned that trump had 'won' a massive amount of contracts. Highly unlikely as I doubt that spending significant amounts of money would be decided at the drop of a hat

n the first hours of his trip, the president struck a package of arms deals with Saudi Arabia, with nearly $110 billion to take effect immediately. “This package demonstrates, in the clearest terms possible, the United States’ commitment to our partnership with Saudi Arabia and our Gulf partners,” the White House said in a statement on Saturday, as quoted by Reuters.

Edited by Long time lurking

IMO the US is bent on destabilizing the entire ME, further arming Saudi Arabia is the latest proof. They don't want Iran getting stronger.

It suits them in several different ways.

1. No longer need the oil due to combination of fracking tech and new technologies arriving. They'll still be able to secure what they need.

2. Keeps the EU from becoming a technological rival(will be destabilized and fractious due to the constant flood of refugees/migrants from ME and Africa). They don't end up in the US, or mostly not.

3. No developed, civilsed powers in the ME suits Israel, they can resist a rabble more easily. Iran is the only candidate left that could become big, wealthy, educated, and technologically a match for Israel/the US. So, somehow they've got to destabilize and/or undermine Iran. Cue the Saudis.

4. Always somewhere where the latest US whizz-bangs can be tested.

Time brits stopped viewing the US as benign, they aren't and haven't been for a very, very long time.

He is making a speech now to a big bunch of arab / muslim african leaders - telling them to get rid of the extremists. But he has drawn short of telling them to stop funding the extremists. He should have said that Western people have had enough and that we will soon nuke them... but I suspect that they decided to cut that from the final draft...

Well once or twice they've helped out with some minor stuff like the falklands, but that was just their nato defence obligations (which the froggies tried to wriggle out of as you would expect). Mainly they just use the uk as an extra voice on the security council and let us try our whizz-bangs with them.

A lot of other nations views of the uk are due to the close association with US foreign policy, often unquestioning support and total lack of criticism - heard anyone in uk government hold the yanks to account for the serial fuckups in, well, everywhere so far? Course not, we helped them do it. Just Iran to go and job will be done, and I'm sure we'll find a way of helping there, we"re already selling them weapons to bomb yemenis.

4 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Well once or twice they've helped out with some minor stuff like the falklands, but that was just their nato defence obligations (which the froggies tried to wriggle out of as you would expect). Mainly they just use the uk as an extra voice on the security council and let us try our whizz-bangs with them.

A lot of other nations views of the uk are due to the close association with US foreign policy, often unquestioning support and total lack of criticism - heard anyone in uk government hold the yanks to account for the serial fuckups in, well, everywhere so far? Course not, we helped them do it. Just Iran to go and job will be done, and I'm sure we'll find a way of helping there, we"re already selling them weapons to bomb yemenis.

Err Falklands in the South Atlantic, way away from Natos area.

We were helped by US (spying), Chile (they had a beef with argues) and France (they sold them the tech).

And the Argies, who used a conscript army, allow spys older cousin to capture 50 Argie kids. This made up for him discovering that, despite being South america, was cold, had no dancing carnival babes and no football. Just sheep, penguins and inbreds.

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Bit like North Wales.

Wheres that charlotte church and that busty trollope who diddled ryan giggs from? I like them. Falklands has no attractive women.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Err Falklands in the South Atlantic, way away from Natos area.

We were helped by US (spying), Chile (they had a beef with argues) and France (they sold them the tech).

And the Argies, who used a conscript army, allow spys older cousin to capture 50 Argie kids. This made up for him discovering that, despite being South america, was cold, had no dancing carnival babes and no football. Just sheep, penguins and inbreds.

Er-Turkey's not that close to the North Atlantic either, but they're still members(slightly worryingly IMO). Can't be bothered to google the treaty and search but pretty sure any attack on sovereign territory of a member state counts, wherever that may be. The US also supplied us with all the latest(at the time) Air-to-Air missiles which we didn't have many of at the time.

Froggies had a training team in Argentina all the way through and tried to get out of their obligations (ie not supplying arms to an allys enemy) by routing Exocets through Peru. But Thatcher reminded them, glad it wasn't Cameron and Gidiot in charge at the time. There was a fascinating prog on the World Service about all that went on round that time.

All in all the US may not be benign and are only interested in themselves, but you can trust them more than the Frogs, >20 years of experience of our Gallic cousins and fluency in their language suggests to me this remains true.