• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Second EU Referendum. Old people spoiling it for youngsters.

Look at this photo of the "second vote" protest in Edinburgh.

There's hardly anyone there and they're all over 50. I hate these old folk spoiling the future of the youngsters that just want to leave the EU.

image.png

I voted remain - eu needs massive reform and id hoping uk could drive it. No chance with todays pols mind.

What amazes with these kind of mar hes is that ive not heard a single remai er ask why people voted Out.

Until tge results came in, most were expecting a sizable margin for Remain.

The brexit vote shows how disconnected the pols and media are from genpop.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I voted remain - eu needs massive reform and id hoping uk could drive it. No chance with todays pols mind.

What amazes with these kind of mar hes is that ive not heard a single remai er ask why people voted Out.

Heretic!  burn him!  BURN HIM!!!. 

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I totally agree, the best result would be remain within a reformed EU, based on mutual respect and cooperation within a Common Market rather than building an anti democratic empire to rival the USSR, but also with some thing sreformed in the U.K., like the massive pull factor of our Bennie system. I would have voted remain under such circumstances.

But seeing as neither of those things were on offer, either from the EU or from our own politicians, out it had to be.

23 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Look at this photo of the "second vote" protest in Edinburgh.

There's hardly anyone there and they're all over 50. I hate these old folk spoiling the future of the youngsters that just want to leave the EU.

image.png

Looks like a landlord convention to me.

Just scared they are going to run out of people to farm.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The combined behaviour of the EU negotiators, Treason May and the Remoaners has actually hardened my position.

I no longer want a deal I want a clean break. No concessions, no payments, no transition and you can have your Roma, drug delaers and pimps back wholesale come March.

Me to.

that is all.

12 minutes ago, snaga said:

Agree, but it's a fantasy, the EU have never shown any sign that they are prepared to reform, and if anything have doubled down since the referendum

Junckers seems to have acquired more and more power like some old Soviet style leader. Not bad for a corrupt politico from a piss-ant shithole.

46 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Junckers seems to have acquired more and more power like some old Soviet style leader. Not bad for a corrupt politico from a piss-ant shithole.

Junkers an old soak.

Martin  Selmayr was pulling strings.

The problem with EU is that you have 3 powers - eurocrats and the german and french national governments.

Eurocrats come up with many good, cheap ideas.

Then fuck it up massive with largebad ideas - Euro, asylum, FOM. Huge disasters because theres no connect between them and the euro electorate.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I voted leave for the exact same reasons - The EU needs to consolidate into a single whole (whether its individual countries want that or not) and we were holding it back..

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

The comedy of that moron Blair doing his Remain spiel.

It was Blair opening up the UK 5 years ahead of the rest of EU and Browns tax credits that guaranteed Brexit.

It was Blair and Brown but for the latter reason - if you only got benefits after x years of working here only those with jobs would have come.... Their refusal to move to a contribution or time based benefits system is the reason for Brexit...

1 hour ago, snaga said:

Agree, but it's a fantasy, the EU have never shown any sign that they are prepared to reform, and if anything have doubled down since the referendum

I suspect that the EU has been marching to a rule book written in the 1950's by people long since in their graves.

Unable to respond to changes in the world, it just goes chuntering along the same old road unable to stop or even swerve.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The combined behaviour of the EU negotiators, Treason May and the Remoaners has actually hardened my position.

I no longer want a deal I want a clean break. No concessions, no payments, no transition and you can have your Roma, drug delaers and pimps back wholesale come March.

Go Frankie! You need to team up with Sir Nige:P

8 minutes ago, mattydread said:

Go Frankie! You need to team up with Sir Nige:P

:)

As I noted on the thread I am absolutely delighted that he has stepped back up to the plate; he is just the man to cut through all the depressing nonsense that even had me, for a while, thinking that Treason May was committed to a proper Brexit.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

The elite are not interested in hearing the opinions of the little people. If they can't get people to vote the way they want by persuasion, they will turn to force, either slurring anyone who votes the wrong way as a racist, thick etc or by enforcing the result they want "because they know what is best for the plebs" and democracy be damned. The Brexit farce has shone a light on how little democracy we really have and how dangerous and power obsessed those with power are.

Edited by Game_of_Homes

2 hours ago, Errol said:

We already had the vote. The people voted to leave the EU.

These 'People's Vote' idiots are just insane. Totally deluded.

Yes this twat has given £1million to the "Peoples Vote" campaign who have people such as Blair Mandelson and similar repulsive establishment figures behind it. No doubt some sort of way of avoiding tax but instead giving easy money to Londons parasitic middle class.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/08/19/superdry-co-founderjulian-dunkerton-gives-1m-topeoples-vote/

Its as if somehow these shouty middle class wankers who cant accept a democratic vote and want to stay tied to a fascist regime that fucks over the British working classes, are the salt of the earth hard working people that keep the country moving.

Never bought any of his cheap looking clothing, and now i definitely never will.

2 minutes ago, Banned said:

Yes this twat has given £1million to the "Peoples Vote" campaign who have people such as Blair Mandelson and similar repulsive establishment figures behind it. No doubt some sort of way of avoiding tax but instead giving easy money to Londons parasitic middle class.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/08/19/superdry-co-founderjulian-dunkerton-gives-1m-topeoples-vote/

Its as if somehow these shouty middle class wankers who cant accept a democratic vote and want to stay tied to a fascist regime that fucks over the British working classes, are the salt of the earth hard working people that keep the country moving.

Never bought any of his cheap looking clothing, and now i definitely never will.

What people like him want is an endless supply of cheap workers for their shops and factories, an ever increasing number of consumers to buy them, and more competition for houses to rent and buy so that rents and house prices keep going up.

It is pure selfish greed masked as benevolent populism.

2 hours ago, eek said:

I voted leave for the exact same reasons - The EU needs to consolidate into a single whole (whether its individual countries want that or not) and we were holding it back..

I don't entirely agree, but thinking the EU would be a more coherent entity (and maybe more successful, better) without us was part of my reason, We're too much of an outlier.

Edited by steppensheep

However, I do think the EU is going to get interesting soon. Some of Macron's proposals are quite sensible. The Germans actually wanted restrictions on benefit tourism themselves, but dont want to upset the apple cart. And the next elections are probably going to see a lot of the populists getting elected. We may have picked the wrong time to leave. Not that I'm bothered.

Edited by steppensheep