• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

jails taken over by the inmates

i thought about becomeing a prison officer then realised its 6 months training and your thrown to the wolfs by there acusations ,i also dont think id be able to cope with it mentaly has its odds on id twat em back if i get hit.however how do you control the fuckers if they know there are no repocusions.is the touchy feely left wing way the way to go or do you batter the fuckers ?

3 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Which type of inmates are we talking about?

the prison population should be on the front page of the mail tommorow,however i think at least 25 percent of them have mental health problems and its  cheaper to jail them.

7 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

the prison population should be on the front page of the mail tommorow,however i think at least 25 percent of them have mental health problems and its  cheaper to jail them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6076751/Prisoners-taken-jail-Total-disorder-HMP-Birmingham.html

aF37EDDD00000578-6076751-image-a-77_1534715531568.thumb.jpg.5a352d7e3b38b9808571a90bb9726513.jpg

Edited by XswampyX

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i would end up jailed myself if i was there but just how do you control them

I’d go for progressive nastiness. Crims start in a standard jail where they get decent treatment, good food etc. If they do anything remotely seriously wrong then they get sent to somewhere tougher and so on right up to somewhere like a US supermax. There would be no possibility of going back to a nicer place.

That being said, people with serious mental illnesses should be handled differently.

6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I’d go for progressive nastiness. Crims start in a standard jail where they get decent treatment, good food etc. If they do anything remotely seriously wrong then they get sent to somewhere tougher and so on right up to somewhere like a US supermax. There would be no possibility of going back to a nicer place.

That being said, people with serious mental illnesses should be handled differently.

they can be pinned down and knocked out by an injection up the arse very rapidly btw,something a prison cant do normaly.however our guys are not locked up.we have secure doors and fences but we cant lock them in there rooms.but we can stop them leaveing by force.a prison can secude them my hospitle cant .other hospitles with a higher grade than mine do have the paddeed room etc.but it costs money a normal guy in a prison costs about 1k a week.we have people on 2 staff to 1 patient it will be at least 6k a week.the system is trying to get more violent patients into hospitles where its cheaper ,has many of these places are for profit they are axcepting more violent patients has its where the cash is.its not so bad if you have regular staff but more and more rely on agency staff who simply run off at the first sighn of trouble but are happy to report you if they decide yourve gone over the top lol

19 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

well my unit has a nice mix,its got the guys that enforce legal /moral boundrys and the guys that dont and let em take the piss.no prizes for guessing which group gets hit the most.even the moral of the unit goes up and down depending who is working on a given night.its weird realy.

Just now, Long time lurking said:

Is that the one that was on the south coast Plymouth/Portsmouth which is now the accommodation for those working on the oil and gas installation on the Shetlands 

Yep.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

true id go for that,the yanks can deal with em why cant we.i go for firm but fair at work those with the mental capacity know if i say something i mean it,but they bully others.its a bit embarasing if a huge african shouts at a patient if you dont get changed i will get mark,the african care worker might well be 6ft 3 plus and around 15-19 stone and they ignore them but if i walk to there room and im under 12 stone they do has requested.its not like i hit them i dont i do simple things like tell them im the only person on the unit with a ciggerete lighter and they can forget a cigg for 12 hours,the patients know only regular staff carry lighters and hiting me is a silly idea.has no one gets a light.then they can explain why no one on the unit gets to smoke for 12 hours to the other patients

3 hours ago, stokiescum said:

i thought about becomeing a prison officer then realised its 6 months training and your thrown to the wolfs by there acusations ,i also dont think id be able to cope with it mentaly has its odds on id twat em back if i get hit.however how do you control the fuckers if they know there are no repocusions.is the touchy feely left wing way the way to go or do you batter the fuckers ?

Go for it.

Im not aware of any PO being sued for twatting anyone - strict non grass policy in prison - both pos and inmates.

Its a reasonably easy job. And relatively well paid for the skill required.

Nah.

Most prisoners are thick and cant run fast.

Cousin got nicked as he was so off his face he forgot to leave the scene of crime before getting stoned.

2 years later......

i would end up jailed myself if i was there but just how do you control them

You lock them up.

If they are a pain then you remove privledges.

Its not the hands off approach in healthcare.

It really is a fuckyou, make my life hard and ill shit on you.

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

I was working with a guy a few weeks ago that said he done six months on it when it was on the south coast ,then 18 months on it in the Shetlands and he was two sells down  

Yeah but.

A cells a cell, just a bed with bars.

Im ok with it when im just getting accomdation and i can walk about.

6 hours ago, stokiescum said:

I think Prison Officer would be lowest on my list of jobs although, on the plus side, I suppose you can go home to sleep and you do get regular day release and a weekly allowance. Other than those benefits, I've no comprehension as to quite why someone would choose to go to prison.

Edited by Hopeful

5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I think Prison Officer would be lowest on my list of jobs although, on the plus side, I suppose you can go home to sleep and you do get regular day release and a weekly allowance. Other than those benefits, I've no cpmprehension as to quite why someone would choose to go to prison.

Head -> Nail

Often the POs are more depressed, stressed and anxious than their charges.

Privately run prisons are not going to work.

1. Government will pay the lowest bidder.

2. Private company will have allowed the bid close to break even or loss making (we'll think of something, best get the contract first)

3. Private company tries to cut costs to turn a profit and maximize return to shareholders

4. Unforeseen costs during contract (it is only blue sky return for shareholders!) leads to more cost cutting (staff, training, resources etc).

5. Can't have any complaints from "customers" - the inmates as the customer is always right mindset of the private sector. This leads to a very liberal environment of drug taking, free roam of prisoners etc. Complaints can lead to a perceived withdrawal of government contract.