• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Alonso Quijano

Companies and brands whose virtue-signalling is off the scale!

24 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Do these businesses really think this kind of nonsense virtue-signalling is going to endear them to their core customer base?

I give you Procter & Gamble brand Pampers.

Surely they'd be better off using a baby.

im pretty sure them lads are a dab hand around bottoms with or without talc.what next a black james bond lol.

Edited by stokiescum
im an idiot

P&G is being perverse here.

Yes Tom and Lance are AFAIK decent people who will be excellent parents but they are entirely unrepresentative of the 99.9% of parents who will be buying these products.

They haven't been chosen at random so have they been chosen because they are unrepresentative of the average customer?

Pure attention-seeking by P&G and yes we have fallen for it.

48 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Do these businesses really think this kind of nonsense virtue-signalling is going to endear them to their core customer base?

I give you Procter & Gamble brand Pampers.

Surely they'd be better off using a baby.

Fuck sake, are those two still in nappies?  What were their parents thinking?  It should have been sorted out by the time they started school. 

Any company who use PRIDE as an excuse to daub rainbow colours all over their packaging and tell the world just how down with the gay community they are. I mean fair enough for Skittles, but last year so many companies jumped headlong onto the bandwagon that needed I fucking sunglasses to walk round my local Tesco.

I don't understand why companies pay a lot of money to add a rainbow flag to their products. We already have equality in this country; gay people are allowed to live and work and buy products like the heterosexual population. The message is completely lost on me, I've Googled it even but still none the wiser. It's now so widespread that it's going to lose its message (whatever that is) so it doesn't really bother me.

3 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Not that I would ever eat there anyway (no judgement), but the recent Nandos advert that has no white people in it was a strange one. Don't they want my money?

No and you don’t want to be eating their crap either 

Bit of an insult to the millions of dads who use their products for their kids isn't it? If I was a dad I think I would go out of my way to use an alternative product now.

What does P&G think is going to happen - that more gay people will now buy their product and increase sales?

3 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I don't understand why companies pay a lot of money to add a rainbow flag to their products. We already have equality in this country; gay people are allowed to live and work and buy products like the heterosexual population. The message is completely lost on me, I've Googled it even but still none the wiser. It's now so widespread that it's going to lose its message (whatever that is) so it doesn't really bother me.

I thought it was something to do with Greenpeace O.o

6 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Not that I would ever eat there anyway (no judgement), but the recent Nandos advert that has no white people in it was a strange one. Don't they want my money?

No issue with that presuming they were all Portuguese..  Peri Peri is a rip off of Portuguese Piri Piri right?

17 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Yeah, but they sell posh fried chicken and fried chicken is an ethnic favourite. No stereotype intended.

18 minutes ago, LC1 said:

This is my problem with boycotting the silly arse virtue signalling companies: they sell over-priced branded rubbish that I wouldn't touch in the first place so I can't claim to be boycotting them. 

Superdry was a great recent example; every so often I go to watch the banger racing and there is a very high chav count there.  The number of identikit black Superdry Japan jackets has to be seen to be believed.

13 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Bit of an insult to the millions of dads who use their products for their kids isn't it? If I was a dad I think I would go out of my way to use an alternative product now.

What does P&G think is going to happen - that more gay people will now buy their product and increase sales?

My guess is that P+G have farmed out their advertising to a ....yes.....LONDON ad agency.

Staffed by ding heads who would be shocked to the core to find that most people in the UK do not think the same way as their 'City zealots talking to zealots' circle of friends.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is my problem with boycotting the silly arse virtue signalling companies: they sell over-priced branded rubbish that I wouldn't touch in the first place so I can't claim to be boycotting them. 

Superdry was a great recent example; every so often I go to watch the banger racing and there is a very high chav count there.  The number of identikit black Superdry Japan jackets has to be seen to be believed.

I'm so cool I hated that brand long before it wasn't cool.

38 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Yeah, but they sell posh fried chicken and fried chicken is an ethnic favourite. No stereotype intended.

Mmmm fried chicken. I like that. I like watermelon too, do they sell that? B|

40 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't like the brand but I do like their knitwear jumpers. Everything else has gone downhill. Maybe they'll need a rainbow ambassador. 

Superdry were great to start with. I don't mind chavs buying their stuff, it's the boomers who put me off. Can't walk anywhere without seeing a 50 year old wearing Superdry now :ph34r:

As I've said before on here their success surely is down to having thick clothes that last. Nobody in the fashion world seems to have cottoned on to this though.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

P&G is being perverse here.

Yes Tom and Lance are AFAIK decent people who will be excellent parents but they are entirely unrepresentative of the 99.9% of parents who will be buying these products.

They haven't been chosen at random so have they been chosen because they are unrepresentative of the average customer?

Pure attention-seeking by P&G and yes we have fallen for it.

It does work extraordinarily well, though.

People are dumb.  They (even the straight ones) say 'yea!  P&G is lovely!  I'll buy their products!'

Eventually people will work out 'these companies don't care.  They've never cared.  I should actually boycott their products for them taking advantage of a minority group issue'.  I wonder how long it'll take.  (probably a few years yet, but when people turn they'll never be fooled again)

30 minutes ago, dgul said:

Eventually people will work out 'these companies don't care.  They've never cared.  I should actually boycott their products for them taking advantage of a minority group issue'.  I wonder how long it'll take.  (probably a few years yet, but when people turn they'll never be fooled again)

But then they die to be replaced by new gullible idiots and the whole cycle starts again. To quote Disney, its the circle of life.

Edited by Melchett