• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bossybabe

At our expense

On 22/08/2018 at 15:27, sarahbell said:

I think they said it was only 600 quid dearer than a normal birth.

I don't see how. 
I had 3 drags on the gas and air and it ran out and there was not enough staff to go and swap the bottle for a fresh one.

My gas and air canister plus mask was eventually removed from the room after a few telling offs because I was using it too excessively.:ph34r:

That was the second birth when I arrived at the hospital too late for a shot of pethidine. Shame because I had that at the first birth and it was great for still feeling the pain, albeit dulled, but not feeling overwhelmed by it.

By far one of the most useful techniques for coping with any moderate/severe pain is slow, deep and even breathing. The midwives at both of my torture sessions were great at keeping that on track.

While I admire women who give birth with no pain relief drugs it’s not something I could have handled. There is pain relief available that can help for those who want it and IMO that is adequate to give birth without surgery if there are no complications.

I’m in total disagreement that caesarean births should be sanctioned for anything other than medical emergencies in the NHS. Of course those with the means or willingness to pay or take a loan perhaps can have what they want. 

7 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

While I admire women who give birth with no pain relief drugs it’s not something I could have handled. There is pain relief available that can help for those who want it and IMO that is adequate to give birth without surgery if there are no complications.

I screamed quite a lot. Probably got quite in touch with my tribal self.

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

I think I screamed a bit too. I’ve read numerous articles over the years by women who describe beautiful, pain free and without medical drug relief. Hmmmm, I’ve often suspected that they’ve had a few joints or something.

My personal experience of giving birth was that it was hours of agony and accounts from a number of family, friends and acquaintances said similar. Those contractions are very very painful. You know another ones starting!

It seems to be a general account that giving birth is painful and exhausting so all the nhs should do is help women through it to deliver a healthy child. Only life threatening emergency Caesarean sections should be provided by nhs and they should make that very clear.

As my mum puts it, I was 6lb 3oz, my middle brother was 8lb 3oz and the youngest was 9lb 10oz.

She told me that if I had been 9lb 10oz I would have been an only child.o.O

13 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I think I screamed a bit too. I’ve read numerous articles over the years by women who describe beautiful, pain free and without medical drug relief. Hmmmm, I’ve often suspected that they’ve had a few joints or something.

We went on a tour of the delivery suite as part of the ante natal nonsense they make you go on. It was silent when they showed us round. 

On 22/08/2018 at 20:58, Cunning Plan said:

It runs in the family. I was 12lb 6oz. A fact I omitted to mention to Mrs Plan before conception. I thought it best to keep it as a surprise.

What a considerate man you aren’t. 😬

4 hours ago, Van Lady said:

My gas and air canister plus mask was eventually removed from the room after a few telling offs because I was using it too excessively.:ph34r:

That was the second birth when I arrived at the hospital too late for a shot of pethidine. Shame because I had that at the first birth and it was great for still feeling the pain, albeit dulled, but not feeling overwhelmed by it.

By far one of the most useful techniques for coping with any moderate/severe pain is slow, deep and even breathing. The midwives at both of my torture sessions were great at keeping that on track.

I’m in total disagreement that caesarean births should be sanctioned for anything other than medical emergencies in the NHS. Of course those with the means or willingness to pay or take a loan perhaps can have what they want. 

Pethidine has such an effect on me (5’0 and skinny with it) that I forgot I was giving birth. I floated above the bed until I heard a baby crying. Then I remembered. Never again. 

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I didn’t scream. I was born in Glasgow and wasn’t about to scream in front of the English in the room, including my husband. 

16 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

What a considerate man you aren’t. 😬

What was I meant to say? I didn't know these things were hereditary.

I did at least let her get some kind of inkling with the 9lb something first one. 

11 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

What was I meant to say? I didn't know these things were hereditary.

I did at least let her get some kind of inkling with the 9lb something first one. 

At least you’re honest.

When my sister was four months pregnant with her first baby, my brother in law announced that he’d been a twin, the other baby died a few hours after birth. Big panic from my sister. 😳

4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Women. I've had two babies, nothing to it. Actually the birth of my son was painful, besides the embarrassment of my wife's screaming if you look closely in a good light at the palm of my left hand you can still see the imprint of her nail marks.  

7 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Women. I've had two babies, nothing to it. Actually the birth of my son was painful, besides the embarrassment of my wife's screaming if you look closely in sa good light at the palm of my left hand you can still see the imprint of her nail marks.  

Is that all? My right hand makes Jeremy Beadle's look normal.

1 hour ago, Bossybabe said:

Pethidine has such an effect on me (5’0 and skinny with it) that I forgot I was giving birth. I floated above the bed until I heard a baby crying. Then I remembered. Never again. 

Fell asleep during my labour on Pethidine. Woke up, lots of pain thought stuff this, had an epidural. I've only the one child!

25 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Is that all? My right hand makes Jeremy Beadle's look normal.

i read a book aparently i was fking useless so says the mother of my 3 year old,i replied when they got the tin snipps out to make your kunt bigger i offered to cut it .even she knew the midwife had asked me to not watch her do it and go to the top of the bed has she said most men feighnt..it was quite interesting to be fair anyway the girlfriend wasnt makeing much sense screaming obcenities and off her tits on free drugs

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i read a book aparently i was fking useless so says the mother of my 3 year old,i replied when they got the tin snipps out to make your kunt bigger i offered to cut it .even she knew the midwife had asked me to not watch her do it and go to the top of the bed has she said most men feighnt..it was quite interesting to be fair anyway the girlfriend wasnt makeing much sense screaming obcenities and off her tits on free drugs

I think you have actually reached peak Stokie with that post!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I think you have actually reached peak Stokie with that post!

well ive worked on a few farms and on one they kept the local hunts  hounds,id often chop dead goats up the farmers wife had over 100 of the fuckers.ive been attacked by rams and bulls but billy goats are something else.blood doesnt bother me.

Edited by stokiescum

23 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

I've always wanted to say something like that when some tiresome mum tells me how big her bonny newborn is.

"Congratulations! You must have a growler like a wizards's sleeve'.

Just do it next time, and then plse report back to us! :D