• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

One hundred and counting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6094149/London-murder-rate-hits-100-assaulted-woman-dies-fire.html

The number of people killed or murdered in London this year has hit 100 after it emerged a pensioner found dead in a house fire had been assaulted before the blaze began.

Police launched a murder probe after 73-year-old Carole Harrison was found dead in her house in Teddington, south west London, following a blaze in the early hours of Wednesday.

A post-mortem at Kingston Mortuary yesterday failed to establish a cause of death, but police say she had suffered injuries 'consistent with an assault' before the fire. 

Ms Harrison will be the 100th person killed in London in a year which has seen gang stabbings and shootings soar.

there is even a nice little map to show you where is best to avoid 

77B82873-00F5-4BAA-9BB5-69C019FBA3F2.jpeg

When I was doing A-level Sociology (yes I know) I had the fantastic good luck that the teacher was the very antithesis of the SJW snowflake you would imagine teaching that subject. A complete hard as nails bastard he taught me all sorts of good things about how the world really works. 

One of the things I remember is that crime statistics are one of the most flexible and useless that you can imagine. What you are looking at is not the number of crimes it is the number of reported crimes. As any partícular criminal activity becomes (for whatever reason) more or less likely to be reported then the stats go up or down in response. An example is sex crimes where years ago likely to be hushed up now they are not, so on the surface you might wonder why Hollywood has "suddenly become" such a cesspit. 

Back on topic, obviously murders pretty much always going to be reported but just thought I'd make the point for next time the daily rag screams the "muggings up by 10%" headline. 

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

When I was doing A-level Sociology (yes I know) I had the fantastic good luck that the teacher was the very antithesis of the SJW snowflake you would imagine teaching that subject. A complete hard as nails bastard he taught me all sorts of good things about how the world really works. 

One of the things I remember is that crime statistics are one of the most flexible and useless that you can imagine. What you are looking at is not the number of crimes it is the number of reported crimes. As any partícular criminal activity becomes (for whatever reason) more or less likely to be reported then the stats go up or down in response. An example is sex crimes where years ago likely to be hushed up now they are not, so on the surface you might wonder why Hollywood has "suddenly become" such a cesspit. 

Back on topic, obviously murders pretty much always going to be reported but just thought I'd make the point for next time the daily rag screams the "muggings up by 10%" headline. 

Agree to an extent but with murder, you are either laid in a morgue full of holes or you’re not. 

11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

London is a city of 12 million people. I would feel safer there than many places.

Is it?  It used to be 8 million not that long ago. I wonder where they have all come from?  

Oh, wait....

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

London is a city of 12 million people. I would feel safer there than many places.

Big place.

I would happily walk down Fenchurch Street at four in the morning; I would be less comfortable wandering around Stockwell tube station.

Just now, One percent said:

Is it?  It used to be 8 million not that long ago. I wonder where they have all come from?  

Oh, wait....

That's completely beyond your control, or mine.

34 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6094149/London-murder-rate-hits-100-assaulted-woman-dies-fire.html

The number of people killed or murdered in London this year has hit 100 after it emerged a pensioner found dead in a house fire had been assaulted before the blaze began.

Police launched a murder probe after 73-year-old Carole Harrison was found dead in her house in Teddington, south west London, following a blaze in the early hours of Wednesday.

A post-mortem at Kingston Mortuary yesterday failed to establish a cause of death, but police say she had suffered injuries 'consistent with an assault' before the fire. 

Ms Harrison will be the 100th person killed in London in a year which has seen gang stabbings and shootings soar.

there is even a nice little map to show you where is best to avoid 

77B82873-00F5-4BAA-9BB5-69C019FBA3F2.jpeg

Little cluster round Teddington/Twickenham which used to be pretty peaceful, wonder why that is?

I was in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago and London is like a flower garden in comparison. 

40 minutes ago, One percent said:

Agree to an extent but with murder, you are either laid in a morgue full of holes or you’re not. 

Or buried under you uncles Patio in Pakistan....

Not all murders are reported.

Only one murder in Croydon?!

Whats going on? Was a time a couple of years back where if someone told me someone had been stabbed to death, and i replied "Croydon or Hackney" i'd be right maybe 9 times out of 10. Seemed that way, at least. 

I think Cambridge has had more than one murder this year, and isnt nearly as populus as Croydon. 

34 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Little cluster round Teddington/Twickenham which used to be pretty peaceful, wonder why that is?

Egomaniac banksters offing their families indicating the next crash (or, part 2 of the last one?)

Last time it was mostly suicides. However, perhaps their buddies have wives to kill now. 

9 minutes ago, Option5 said:

That list is quite telling, not many British sounding names in it, why would that be, it should be proportionate to the population mix.

Probably is, in the areas the murders are predominantly occurring. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Option5 said:

That list is quite telling, not many British sounding names in it, why would that be, it should be proportionate to the population mix.

I think the poor whites have been mostly driven out. London is a city of small white middle class enclaves surrounded by a sea of black and brown. 

I don't think its that whites have stopped killing each other. As a proportional rate, i believe Glasgow and Liverpool are still more murderous than London, and they are pretty much the only large/ >500,000 population cities in the UK that are still around 80-90% white British/Irish.