• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuey

Faffing, and examples thereof

Three people in a carriage, a family arriving at Burton then spend five minutes working which seat is 'theirs'. 

Ffs, just sit down and shut up! 

There was a senior manager I used to work a few layers below a few years back who couldn’t even decide what to eat . I remember being in an Italian restaurant with her (everyone knows at least one Italian dish they like?In a big group just pick that surely?) and I swear a good 20 minutes after everyone else had chosen she was still faffing. The waiter was getting visibly and audibly pissed off, sighing, rolling eyes etc. This was a posh place in Glasgow so I’d imagine he was pretty unrufflable. And she was like that at work too. How she got such a senior job remains a mystery to me. 

In a thread crossing moment... she was Swedish. I remember her warning us not to get taxis then lapsing into a jaw flapping  frown as her cognitive dissonance as to why kicked in.

When you are out on a group MTB ride, and your mate, who you have told a fucking million times to go tubeless, gets another fucking puncture, and faffs about for 10 minutes changing the tube. Again.

Just now, Popuplights said:

When you are out on a group MTB ride, and your mate, who you have told a fucking million times to go tubeless, gets another fucking puncture, and faffs about for 10 minutes changing the tube. Again.

OI! Some of us like to keep our bikes and our clothes simple and disgusting gunge free! And being able to choose tyres suitable for the days riding isn’t to be sniffed at either!¬¬

Nearly everybody on the planet getting on a plane aside from me.

I've sat and watched individuals taking 10-15 mins - no exaggeration - to simply stick a bag in the locker and sit their arses down. 

It's about the closest I ever get to being a serial killer. :Old:

And don't get me started on when the plane lands...:ph34r:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ccc said:

Nearly everybody on the planet getting on a plane aside from me.

I've sat and watched individuals taking 10-15 mins - no exaggeration - to simply stick a bag in the locker and sit their arses down. 

It's about the closest I ever get to being a serial killer. :Old:

And don't get me started on when the plane lands...:ph34r:

The same with checking bags in and going through security. 

Combining an earlier post about ordering food and airports. I went on a work trip with someone who I used to line manage. Her parents had done everything for her even though she was in her mid 20s and she needed to be given very clear instructions for every task as she couldn’t work things out for herself. 

When we got to the airport for our return flight, after a great amount of faff and childlike instruction I managed to herd her through check in and security. We then had 60 minutes until the flight departed. She wanted food whereas I was at the end of my tether and didn’t want to spend any more time in her company. I explained where the food hall was, where the gate was and that our boarding passes said we’d board in 30 minutes time so she had 30 minutes to eat. I didn’t see her again for over and hour. After several calls, she made it to the plane just before they were about to off load her bag. 

She flounced down the plane in a huff and said “you told me I had 30 minutes to eat!”

I agreed that I had told her that over an hour ago. She said, “well I did only spend 30 minutes eating.”

I questioned where the other 30+ minutes had gone. “I was choosing where to eat, what to eat and waiting for my food, but when it arrived I only took 30 minutes eating it, LIKE YOU SAID!”

Edited by assetrichcashpoor
Typos

4 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Brexit.

Could be broadened to 'anything politicians do that doesnt involve giving money to banksters'

When that was needed they were able to conjure up hundreds of billions in a matter of days. 

Funny how when their mates are in trouble, politicians can be the most efficient creatures on the planet.