• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Take that you South African fucker

it's the three minute hate.

frankly, if you like wildlife, there are much better targets for your bile than someone who legally shoots an animal after paying through the nose to the correct authorities.

for example, those that support child health initiatives for africa without birth/population control alongside it.  They will help see millions of animals killed in the coming decades as humans encroach on their habitat.

14 minutes ago, wherebee said:

frankly, if you like wildlife, there are much better targets for your bile than someone who legally shoots an animal after paying through the nose to the correct authorities.

for example, those that support child health initiatives for africa without birth/population control alongside it.  They will help see millions of animals killed in the coming decades as humans encroach on their habitat.

Mass sterilisation of Africans is the answer, three births and your out.

Does anyone know what the elephant charges for these human hunting safaris as I might be interested in going on one.

Edited by SNACR

8 hours ago, wherebee said:

Grudgingly agreed.

The market for shooting big game animals legally, for money, and in reserves serves to guarantee their survival as a species.

11 hours ago, wherebee said:

Also, it's worth remembering that some African governments are in some way 'involved' in poaching, which is a better target for outrage.

Good post.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Grudgingly agreed.

The market for shooting big game animals legally, for money, and in reserves serves to guarantee their survival as a species.

I think you can both see the objective benefit of the financial side, and yet still feel a degree of revulsion for the "hunters" themselves.

If you get led round and (mostly) kept safe by guides, and ultimately just pull the trigger, are you even really hunting? I'd definitely watch a TV hunting show where fat American dentists go out to hunt: on their own, armed only with a spear, filmed by drones. 

There is something of a psycopathic nature about people that hunt. I can see a correlation with the likes of Huntley and Brady. That need to remove out of existence, a living sentient being. I can't imagine how thrilling it must be for these hunters - some kind of Power trip, I guess. 

Like people that torture bulls for entertainment, i love it when they get a good skewering.

Fishing is another example, understandable if it is for food but to just hook a fish out of the water to take a selfie and self congratulate / get kudos from your buddies is a bit weird to me. 

There must be fishing types out there who have caught every native species going but they have to keep on doing it week in week out.

Edited by WorkingPoor

10 hours ago, SNACR said:

Does anyone know what the elephant charges for these human hunting safaris as I might be interested in going on one.

Very much depends where you want to go. 

Cheapest I could find was Zimbabwe, the hunt itself will cost around £10,000 but if you actually shoot an Elephant (which is by no means a guarantee) then the tag for that will cost you an additional £15,000

There would be various other fees to pay. 

Mozambique as another example is closer to £20,000 for Elephant, Tanzania depends on size can cost upwards of £40,000

Edited by gilf

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Excess luggage to get it home for one.

That would be the least of your worries cost wise. 

13 hours ago, wherebee said:

In the minds of most humans I'd wager that a single murdered elephant is worth more than 1,000,000 slaughtered chickens etc. c.f speciesism