• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dave Bloke

are the queen and Prince phillip dead?

There  was a conspiracy theory a while back that they were both dead.  I think they are currently at Balmoral.  Check Mailonline at lunchtime as there will be the usual photos of them going to Crathie Church.

All hell will break loose when the Queen dies as Charles is not popular.  The scandal of his close relationship with the paedo ex Bishop of Gloucester went virtually unreported (and perhaps more importantly uncommented on)in the MSM.  Why the hell are they not questioning the bloke’s judgement?

15 minutes ago, Ina said:

There  was a conspiracy theory a while back that they were both dead.  I think they are currently at Balmoral.  Check Mailonline at lunchtime as there will be the usual photos of them going to Crathie Church.

All hell will break loose when the Queen dies as Charles is not popular.  The scandal of his close relationship with the paedo ex Bishop of Gloucester went virtually unreported (and perhaps more importantly uncommented on)in the MSM.  Why the hell are they not questioning the bloke’s judgement?

Depends,  The Guardian actively despise him. The Tory media generally are pro royal but once he gets to the throne I suspect that'll change quickly. 

I had a dream about the queen last night she didn't look too good.

Posted (edited)

Mandatory 2-3 day Stock market and financial market closure as well. Possibly longer.

Could be up to a week of national mourning.

Edited by Errol

1 minute ago, Errol said:

Mandatory 2-3 day Stock market and financial market closure as well. Possibly longer.

Does that mean a week off work?

YES  *fist pump* *runs around the room*  :)

8 minutes ago, This Time said:

I've had a horrible thought. When the queen dies we're going to have to see Charles's ugly mug on all the banknotes.

Canada have printed some already (just in case).

Charles-750x375.jpg

7 minutes ago, This Time said:

I've had a horrible thought. When the queen dies we're going to have to see Charles's ugly mug on all the banknotes.

I wouldn't worry about that, if Theresa the appeaser stays in much longer we'll be using the Euro before he gets the gig 

10 minutes ago, Errol said:

Is there a petition anywhere that we can sign to oppose having all the TV channels turned off?

16 minutes ago, This Time said:

if camilla becomes queen at least the national anthem can stay the same

3 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

They're fine.

On holiday in Egypt.

Herghada with Thomas Cook.

Yup, Charles paid for the tickets....

I'm not naturally disposed to royalty but think that we sorted the issue in 17th century.

The Queen has been a fantastic monarch: her eldest son gives me the creeps. He will be wildly unpopular.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Is there a petition anywhere that we can sign to oppose having all the TV channels turned off?

Wouldn't have thought DOSBODERs care too much about trash TV being down for a week. I wouldn't even notice - I don't watch it.

Edited by SillyBilly

31 minutes ago, Errol said:

A radio caller talking about George VI dying said she, as a young girl, was in the butcher's shop with her mother when the news came on the radio.

The butcher immediately said the shop was closed, ushered everyone out, and pulled down the blinds; remaining closed for a week.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Depends,  The Guardian actively despise him. The Tory media generally are pro royal but once he gets to the throne I suspect that'll change quickly. 

Supporting the monarchy is the whole point of the Tory Party . If Charles proves a liability they will probably look to replay Baldwin's strategy from the 1930s and find a suitable replacement. Also worth remembering that Charles is the same age as many of the aged celebs now filling the obituary columns. The heirs to long lived monarchs rarely reign long.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 minute ago, Ina said:

My dad came home from the Korean War on leave the day George VI died.  Dad was expecting to go on a week long bender.  Unfortunately the pubs closed for a week.   He hated royalty after that.

I can't see anything like that happening this time despite her being so popular and hardworking; she has given seventy years of service.

People moan about shops being closed on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.  Close them for a week and they will be running around screaming.

My ex next door neighbour was a sub editor on the Telegraph in the 1980s and 90s.  It was editorial policy then that no criticism of Prince Charles was allowed.  Appears to remain the same today.

Posted (edited)

If I was Charles as soon as I got onto the throne I would make large cash handouts to the army and then make my horse Prime Minister. Actually the last policy is probably not a bad idea and might bolster his popularity

Edited by Virgil Caine