• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Chewing Grass

Uneconomic Migrants

Accepting hoards of young almost exclusively uneducated and unskilled migrants blindly into modern Western societies is blatantly uneconomic but statistics are hidden and deliberately obfuscated.

Fact Check Australia - Are a majority of working-age Australian Muslims not working and living on welfare?

Answer - True

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-24/fact-check-fraser-anning-muslims-not-working-welfare/10139350

A report from the Swedish Employment Service last year showed that very few new migrants were even interested in pursuing education to achieve vocational qualifications, claiming that only three to four percent have expressed any interest in schooling at all.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/08/16/swedish-unemployment-figures-reveal-extent-of-migrant-joblessness/

Jerusalem Post (Jewish Press) More refugees find jobs in Germany, integration going 'pretty well'. Shortages of skilled labor and a lack of young people willing to commit to on-the-job training for up to 3-1/2 years have become big concerns for managers in Europe's largest economy.

https://www.jpost.com/International/More-refugees-find-jobs-in-Germany-integration-going-pretty-well-565403

From 2015 - The Economist

Europe can and should do better. Europe’s labour force is ageing and will soon begin to shrink. Its governments have racked up vast debts which they plan to dump on future generations. This will be harder if those future generations are smaller. Immigrants, including asylum-seekers, are typically young and eager to work. So they can help ease this problem: caring for the elderly and shouldering a share of debts they had no role in running up. Africans and Arabs are young. Europe can borrow some of their vitality, but only if European governments handle all types of migration more sensibly, which will be politically hard and require reform in labour markets, too.

The screening of asylum-applicants should be firm. Syria is a hellhole; Albania is not. But it should also be swift and generous. People who cross deserts and stormy seas to get to Europe are unlikely to be slackers when they arrive. On the contrary, studies (unreferenced) find that immigrants around the world are more likely to start businesses than the native-born and less likely to commit serious crimes, and that they are net contributors to the public purse. The fear that they will poach jobs or drag down local wages is also misplaced (unreferenced). Because they bring complementary skills, ideas and connections, they tend to raise the wages of the native-born overall (unreferenced), though they may slightly reduce those of unskilled local men. And the migrants themselves benefit enormously. By moving to Europe, with its predictable laws and efficient companies, they can become several times more productive (unreferenced), and their wages rise accordingly.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2015/08/27/let-them-in-and-let-them-earn

More examples of uneconomic migration and the blatant bias of the media please.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Don't worry folks, we are all willing to work longer so as to be able to keep all these people.  Not...

Yes be a good slave, take out your 35 year mortgage and die at your desk please...

(A 'financial adviser' was trying to get my 35 year old mate to take out a 30 year mortgage the other day....fuck. that.)

Edited by JoeDavola

29 minutes ago, Melchett said:

So what if it is? Which it isn't as Mohamedism is not a race. You can be of Viking blood and still a mohammedan. 

I have no problem with Hindus, Sikhs, Chinese, Jews etc because on the whole they tend to work for their living instead of expecting me to. Likewise, none of those groups have as a central tenet forcing me to submit to their religion or culture, using violence if necessary.

Im also a bit Audi-ist , because life experience has taught me that more often than not drivers of Audis are dickheads. 

So perhaps best to lay of the 'bit racist' as it not true and even if it were, it does not "ask why seven times" as the Japanese (who really are a bit racist, although no one seems to mind) would say.

Think you'll find the meaning of "racism" has been expanded dramatically (in the law) to encompass prejudice against religions and cultures.  Saying the word "pikey" is racism now, or at least applying it to a person is. I don't like it either, together with the hate speech laws it's destroying Britain.

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Think you'll find the meaning of "racism" has been expanded dramatically (in the law) to encompass prejudice against religions and cultures.  Saying the word "pikey" is racism now, or at least applying it to a person is. I don't like it either, together with the hate speech laws it's destroying Britain.

I like how not liking 'isms has become classed as unacceptable prejudice. Ties in nicely with not liking Racism but does not fit in well with 'isms universally.

Hows about Communism, Post Modernism, Veganism, Presbytarianism.

When does an 'ism cross the boundary of politically untouchable-ism.

1513807501_Screenshot-2018-8-26Isms.png.9b45d44eadfb786b70e3d32c961e11cf.png

As a libertarianist believer in Libertarianism I question the legitimate functions of state and private power, and believe in the restriction or dissolution of coercive social institutions.

When an 'ism is politically untouchable or criticisable it becomes dangerous, there are numerous examples of this from Stalinism through to Fascism and Islamism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

Posted (edited)

It would be believable if they didn't automatically get housing and benefits when they arrive and had to start picking fruit and veg or whatnot from day one.

But from an Economist perspective a million third-worlders coming to the Europe and living a life of leisure on benefits is still GDP positive. It's basically broken window fallacy disguised as a humanitarian effort.

1468879721705-0.thumb.jpg.d7f460693c7a9378b90886c60b37a0e8.jpg

Edited by ThePiltdownMan

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I think per other threads that the great aim is to make the cost of labour even cheaper than it is now (real terms wages have already halved in forty years) and continue to increase the return on assets like land and property by shipping in vast numbers of people so that you have an oversupply of workers - so you can pay them less - and you have an undersupply of land and housing - so you can charge more rent.

The eventual aim is that the great majority of the population sits forever in a debt-ridden serflike underclass with expensive but poor housing, no opportunity to save and retire early, and no private transport beyond a pushbike.  All entirely reliant on some form of state aid be it out of work or in work benefits.

Globalisation is all about making people in general poorer so that the rich get richer; if you halve the wages but give 10% back as working benefits they're still cheaper.

What is extraordinary to me is how many of our supposed brightest and best cannot grasp or comprehend what you have so eloquently described in less than 200 words.

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

What is extraordinary to me is how many of our supposed brightest and best cannot grasp or comprehend what you have so eloquently described in less than 200 words.

They let the sideshow of colour and race get in the way of seeing it for what it is.

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think per other threads that the great aim is to make the cost of labour even cheaper than it is now (real terms wages have already halved in forty years) and continue to increase the return on assets like land and property by shipping in vast numbers of people so that you have an oversupply of workers - so you can pay them less - and you have an undersupply of land and housing - so you can charge more rent.

The eventual aim is that the great majority of the population sits forever in a debt-ridden serflike underclass with expensive but poor housing, no opportunity to save and retire early, and no private transport beyond a pushbike.  All entirely reliant on some form of state aid be it out of work or in work benefits.

Globalisation is all about making people in general poorer so that the rich get richer; if you halve the wages but give 10% back as working benefits they're still cheaper.

Especially if you get the idiot tax payers who still believe in working for a living (well pretending to before anyone starts) to pay for it

Most politicians aren't that wealthy. It's not like many have the money to move themselves and their family abroad to escape any breakdown in the West.

imho, importing third world dross is simple a massive mistake by the political elite. We can all see that any slight criticism of immigration is met with media outrage and politicains simply don't want that negative publicity.

I bet the average politician has similar views to the average person here. However if he articulates them he will be hounded by the media and be deselected. 

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I bet the average politician has similar views to the average person here. However if he articulates them he will be hounded by the media and be deselected. 

Not the ones who visit around here at election time :PissedOff:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

It would be believable if they didn't automatically get housing and benefits when they arrive and had to start picking fruit and veg or whatnot from day one.

But from an Economist perspective a million third-worlders coming to the Europe and living a life of leisure on benefits is still GDP positive. It's basically broken window fallacy disguised as a humanitarian effort.

1468879721705-0.thumb.jpg.d7f460693c7a9378b90886c60b37a0e8.jpg

Not very bright these uneconomic (Turkish?) migrants as they have shown their address on the cheque.

489541272_Screenshotfrom2018-08-2616-13-02.png.ff6089d77aa5bc69c148bfd2477b8e6d.png

Griesheimer Strasse 8

Wonder if they are gainfully employed 3 years later?

Edited by Chewing Grass

5 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Accepting hoards of young almost exclusively uneducated and unskilled migrants blindly into modern Western societies is blatantly uneconomic but statistics are hidden and deliberately obfuscated.

Fact Check Australia - Are a majority of working-age Australian Muslims not working and living on welfare?

Answer - True

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-24/fact-check-fraser-anning-muslims-not-working-welfare/10139350

A report from the Swedish Employment Service last year showed that very few new migrants were even interested in pursuing education to achieve vocational qualifications, claiming that only three to four percent have expressed any interest in schooling at all.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/08/16/swedish-unemployment-figures-reveal-extent-of-migrant-joblessness/

Jerusalem Post (Jewish Press) More refugees find jobs in Germany, integration going 'pretty well'. Shortages of skilled labor and a lack of young people willing to commit to on-the-job training for up to 3-1/2 years have become big concerns for managers in Europe's largest economy.

https://www.jpost.com/International/More-refugees-find-jobs-in-Germany-integration-going-pretty-well-565403

From 2015 - The Economist

Europe can and should do better. Europe’s labour force is ageing and will soon begin to shrink. Its governments have racked up vast debts which they plan to dump on future generations. This will be harder if those future generations are smaller. Immigrants, including asylum-seekers, are typically young and eager to work. So they can help ease this problem: caring for the elderly and shouldering a share of debts they had no role in running up. Africans and Arabs are young. Europe can borrow some of their vitality, but only if European governments handle all types of migration more sensibly, which will be politically hard and require reform in labour markets, too.

The screening of asylum-applicants should be firm. Syria is a hellhole; Albania is not. But it should also be swift and generous. People who cross deserts and stormy seas to get to Europe are unlikely to be slackers when they arrive. On the contrary, studies (unreferenced) find that immigrants around the world are more likely to start businesses than the native-born and less likely to commit serious crimes, and that they are net contributors to the public purse. The fear that they will poach jobs or drag down local wages is also misplaced (unreferenced). Because they bring complementary skills, ideas and connections, they tend to raise the wages of the native-born overall (unreferenced), though they may slightly reduce those of unskilled local men. And the migrants themselves benefit enormously. By moving to Europe, with its predictable laws and efficient companies, they can become several times more productive (unreferenced), and their wages rise accordingly.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2015/08/27/let-them-in-and-let-them-earn

More examples of uneconomic migration and the blatant bias of the media please.

Let them in and MAKE them earn.

2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Most politicians aren't that wealthy. It's not like many have the money to move themselves and their family abroad to escape any breakdown in the West.

imho, importing third world dross is simple a massive mistake by the political elite. We can all see that any slight criticism of immigration is met with media outrage and politicains simply don't want that negative publicity.

Doesn't actually take that much money to move abroad and when the do da really hits the fan their children will be 18.  I'm sure  a lot of politicians especially MPs have hidden wealth.  Lobbying payments can be made with other things instead of cash. 

1 minute ago, montecristo said:

Doesn't actually take that much money to move abroad and when the do da really hits the fan their children will be 18.  I'm sure  a lot of politicians especially MPs have hidden wealth.  Lobbying payments can be made with other things instead of cash. 

Yep. Ever since I was old enough to think (say about 18) the disconnect/contrast between the houses and lifestyles of MPs (with the odd exception like Corbin) and those who are on broadly the same salary as them has been obvious to me. Doesn't take a genius to see and neither does it take a genius to work out that for most being an MP is merely the thing that opens the door to far more lucrative payments (notice I do not say work).