• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Join The Conservative Party Now

19 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

It takes 3 months to get voting rights so now is the time. 25 quid for a year and the chance to get rid of Treason May in due course:

https://www.conservatives.com/join

That isnt how it works, is it? The 'parliamentary party' has the balance of power, ergo, the city of London always gets their guy.

I've thought of this many times, entryism...but there hasnt really been anyone palatable. 

Thats why they're so keen to avoid a Corbyn/actual leader who represents the base.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6081711/Dont-loosen-Tory-leadership-rules-Boris-Johnson-warns-Lord-Hague.html

3 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

That isnt how it works, is it? The 'parliamentary party' has the balance of power, ergo, the city of London always gets their guy.

I've thought of this many times, entryism...but there hasnt really been anyone palatable. 

Thats why they're so keen to avoid a Corbyn/actual leader who represents the base.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6081711/Dont-loosen-Tory-leadership-rules-Boris-Johnson-warns-Lord-Hague.html

MPs vote on the initial round and put two candidates to the full party membership. My take is that it’s quite likely the two options will be one remainer and one leaver given the balance of power in the parliamentary party. Given that, it’s worth joining. If it’s two remainers who make it through then just don’t vote.

Rock and a Hard place comes to mind. 

Remainers who'll keep us hitched to the EU, or Leavers who want some kind of 'special relationship' with the commonwealth...ie open borders, and wages driven down not by tens of millions of eastern europeans, but hundreds of millions of South Asians and West Africans...(plus add in the other 'issues' culturally etc)

I don't trust any MPs in the Tory party to deliver a Brexit that seeks to fulfill why the public voted for it...

wordcloud_leave-1024x575.png

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-is-in-denial-over-immigration/

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

I joined a few days ago but I suspect they'll take away voting rights to new members as this is getting quite a lot of attention now. 

I think they’d be on a sticky wicket legally if they tried to do that retrospectively but then the political establishment seems to be somewhat above the law so maybe you’re right. 

9 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

I don't trust any MPs in the Tory party to deliver a Brexit that seeks to fulfill why the public voted for it...

JRM plus about 80 to 100 tory MPs that support him.

Not enough clout to unseat May but enough to stop Mays brino being passed without his 4 amendments. Those amendments have turned brino into 'brexit means hard brexit' as it is looking like the EU won't accept it.

8 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

I thought that membership of another political party (e.g. UKIP) would breach the rules of membership of the Conservative Party?

Not everyone here is in UKIP. Besides, how would they check?

21 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Not everyone here is in UKIP. Besides, how would they check?

The original comment was from @spunko2010 and I read beforehand that he also joined UKIP.

As to whether they would know, I am Sre you are right, but I thought it was one of our traits in the civilised world, stupid as we are, to follow rules...

46 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

As to whether they would know, I am Sre you are right, but I thought it was one of our traits in the civilised world, stupid as we are, to follow rules...

Well, that would be nice I guess! The way I look at this one is that the political parties have clearly decided that the rules only apply to the little people so we don't have much option but to ignore the rules ourselves. As i recall, [that squishy faced cunt] Cameron said this:

This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide.

As they look less and less like doing this, I'm fucked if I'm going to continue living by their rule book whilst they laugh at me. 

11 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I joined a few days ago but I suspect they'll take away voting rights to new members as this is getting quite a lot of attention now. 

Well, you are a posh twit biker!xD

11 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

Rock and a Hard place comes to mind. 

Remainers who'll keep us hitched to the EU, or Leavers who want some kind of 'special relationship' with the commonwealth...ie open borders, and wages driven down not by tens of millions of eastern europeans, but hundreds of millions of South Asians and West Africans...(plus add in the other 'issues' culturally etc)

wordcloud_leave-1024x575.png

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-is-in-denial-over-immigration/

It's all relative but one step at a time in my book. Getting out of the EU is a much harder nut to crack than changing immigration rules for the rest of the world. If we don't do the former, then the latter is never going to happen.

Posted (edited)

Surge in Conservative membership after Chequers deal prompts fears of 'blue Momentum' takeover of party

Look's like a few have had the same idea ;)

Conservative party associations are reporting a surge in members who have joined in the wake of Treason May’s Chequers deal which has proved unpopular with the grassroots.

The increase in membership will raise concerns that the party is at risk from a ‘blue Momentum-style’ takeover among supporters furious with the deal which keeps Britain closely tied to the European Union after Brexit.

John Strafford, a Tory grassroots campaigner, said the rise came from former UK Independence Party members who were rejoining because they do not like the deal and want to vote in a leadership contest to replace Mrs May.

Edited by JackieO

2 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

The depressing thing is that there's nobody in the party right now who I'd want to replace Treason. :S

There's you now!

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Prime Minster Spunko. Can’t wait to hear the Today Programme announcing that one.

When I join the Labour Party, I shall be his worthy opponent. After all I had a black GF and a Russian motorbike.