• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

The Everywhere Is Fucked Thread

Extrapolating from an ongoing theme...where to move to that isn’t fucked? DOSBODS Island would be perfect but doesn’t actually exist so where does that leave? I’m thinking Iceland or maybe St Pierre et Michelon. Any better suggestions?

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

Extrapolating from an ongoing theme...where to move to that isn’t fucked? DOSBODS Island would be perfect but doesn’t actually exist so where does that leave? I’m thinking Iceland or maybe St Pierre et Michelon. Any better suggestions?

Wash your mouth out, it does exist. Or, at least it will do when one of us wins the lottery. Thursday it is then. :)

23 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Some E European countries and Japan should be OK as long as they dont change track. What about China and Russia? And some of S America.

Where has the self destructive SJW mindset come from that is so prevalent across W Europe and how likely are other countries to resist it?

43 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

If you can stand the dark and cold Iceland sounds good. Pros :-

Unlimited power (if they build the geothermal stations) so they will be able to feed themselves in future using crops grown under LED, they really should get that going asap. Fit and hot burds. They locked up at least some bankers. Lots of fish. Nice cold/hot swimming.

Cons : Dark. Cold. Gets midgey like Scotland, apparently. Isolated (could be seen as good) Tendency to financial bubbles (where hasn't?)

Iceland seems it.

I used to think about some of the US states in the middle of the country up near the Canadian border. But most of the US strategic bases and defense are based there so big nuke targets. Plus you will have the islamic hordes coming down from Canada.

Maybe there is no-where and nothing to be down. Islam will grow and grow. The West becomes muslim. Eventually the Chinese and muslims will nuke one another destroying the planet. In 10,000 years the ants take over.

Almost any EE country. Plus Austria. Perhaps Italy or Denmark as they seem to have been red-pilled.

Estonia seems good although they have recently elected a center-left govt.

1 minute ago, PatronizingGit said:

Surprisingly for somewhere so cold damp and presumably with little opportunity for the very aspirational, Iceland doesnt seem to suffer much emigration. 

That's because they spend the winter getting pissed and having sex in volcanically heated hot tubs, the winters are long cold and hot at the same time.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Reunion Island, check it out, that where the French with money will decamp to.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Réunion/@-21.1349647,55.3872219,11z

Like France but clean, modern, civilised, green and has investment, lots of it.

281349722_Screenshotfrom2018-08-2716-37-01.thumb.png.c6213a9290c62128a62e09062e4abdcf.png

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

When I was younger I didn't get so many of the financial disasters around the world.  Why didn't people buy gold in the 70, why didn't they move abroad in the 1920s, how could they have fallen for the East India Company, etc, etc.

I now realise how it works.  You can't escape it.  As the reach of the 'normal man' is extended, so the reach of the disaster is extended.  The reason why people in 1920's America couldn't escape the crash is the same reason why middle ages peasants couldn't escape the plague -- their world wasn't big enough to escape.  Now we live in a global economy, I very much expect everywhere globally to be affected in the coming crash.  The only places not to be affected will be the very places you wouldn't want to be anyway.

In other words the human race has outgrown the planet and there is nowhere to go.

Its almost like stopping going on holiday and sitting in a deckchair in your own back garden as there is no attraction to anywhere else as it full of the same idiots you have at home anyway.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

In other words the human race has outgrown the planet and there is nowhere to go.

Its almost like stopping going on holiday and sitting in a deckchair in your own back garden as there is no attraction to anywhere else as it full of the same idiots you have at home anyway.

Well, yes if your back garden is in Yorkshire, less so if it's in London.

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I worked this one out a while back. Especially on bank holidays. 

38 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Reunion Island, check it out, that where the French with money will decamp to.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Réunion/@-21.1349647,55.3872219,11z

Like France but clean, modern, civilised, green and has investment, lots of it.

281349722_Screenshotfrom2018-08-2716-37-01.thumb.png.c6213a9290c62128a62e09062e4abdcf.png

Not too sure about that. 40% unemployment although improving and that active volcano is a bit of a worry!

54 minutes ago, dgul said:

When I was younger I didn't get so many of the financial disasters around the world.  Why didn't people buy gold in the 70, why didn't they move abroad in the 1920s, how could they have fallen for the East India Company, etc, etc.

I now realise how it works.  You can't escape it.  As the reach of the 'normal man' is extended, so the reach of the disaster is extended.  The reason why people in 1920's America couldn't escape the crash is the same reason why middle ages peasants couldn't escape the plague -- their world wasn't big enough to escape.  Now we live in a global economy, I very much expect everywhere globally to be affected in the coming crash.  The only places not to be affected will be the very places you wouldn't want to be anyway.

Spot on, the world has got smaller, moving somewhere "safe" is just delaying the inevitable in my view.

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Listen up.

Sell everything now all you dozy Southerners out there - and move lock, stock and barrel to somewhere North of Middlesbrough as quickly as you can.

Living in, and investing your crazy Southern "funny-money" in the last remaining outpost of real English men - aided and abetted by our good mates the Jocks - is your only remaining chance of getting your country back.

And for once, I am NOT taking the piss.

Can you lot *really* see the revolution coming out of Luton...?

Not as long as I've got a functioning hole in my fat hairy arse...

XYY

I’d add parts of North Yorkshire to that area too but, yes, agreed.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Not too sure about that. 40% unemployment although improving and that active volcano is a bit of a worry!

That said, having crawled the island this is the shittiest bit I could find.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-20.8838283,55.4517617,3a,75y,106.38h,79.67t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssOmBPmDYxl6Xqt50WN2ZgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Bennies must be good, with the warm moist climate making for zero heating bills and plentiful veggies.

The volcano I could live with as per Iceland.

Edited by Chewing Grass
forgot the shitty bit

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

There’ll always be bigger boats than the one your on though. 

I used to be at someone else’s place regularly and watched a few of those prepper programmes on Sky. One week there was an American on who had a massive boat with, defences etc. He’d spent a fortune.