• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Boob job every student girl voting Labour!

Whilst I agree with the policy it won't change my vote for the Cons. Brexit is the only issue for me at the election. I can wait till next time to vote for abolishing tuition fees.

I wonder if the students will fall for it? I expect most of them vote Labour, Green or LimpDumb anyway. Let Labour and LimpDumb fight for each other's votes whilst May walks it.

H.L. Mencken > Quotes > Quotable Quote

H.L. Mencken

“The state — or, to make matters more concrete, the government — consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get, and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time it is made good by looting ‘A’ to satisfy ‘B’. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advanced auction on stolen goods.”

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes they did.  Now they see it as an incredibly bad thing. Bastards are as bad as tin tins party. 

Not Pin Pin party, as I approve of education! Not only am I a complete bell end, but I am Yoda, and Gandalf too!:o

I can teach the ancient art of rebuilding a four barrel Holley in 30 minutes!

4 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

They should be free.

To very bright people studying subjects that are useful(what is useful to be debated and a short list fixed and reviewed every year).

So it shouldn't cost too much, because only in a very few cases are both of these things true! 

It is incredibly problematic to come up with a list of educational experiences that are 'useful'. They tried this with adult ed and would only fund courses that led to employment or to gaining skills that were deemed to be useful. The result is that the rich tapestry of adult ed has gone.  However, it served a lot of purposes. A way of getting people, old, unemployed to mix and meet, enticing people back into education. It is a dangerous and slippery slope. 

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Again, they realise that order and more political savy people are deserting Labour in vast numbers so they are shamelessly going after the younger voter - who is going to stay home and do stuff on FB anyhow.

Oh, and trying to divert attention from this:

c895627770c15e6f113c0b88981c03dbf34866e9fae22d9db4214af3167e2222.png

23 minutes ago, One percent said:

It is incredibly problematic to come up with a list of educational experiences that are 'useful'. They tried this with adult ed and would only fund courses that led to employment or to gaining skills that were deemed to be useful. The result is that the rich tapestry of adult ed has gone.  However, it served a lot of purposes. A way of getting people, old, unemployed to mix and meet, enticing people back into education. It is a dangerous and slippery slope. 

I think it's ok to study whatever you damn well please, but if it's to be at the taxpayer's expense there should be a reasonable hope that you'll be the sort of person that contributes a lot to the society of taxpayers who paid for it. (Hint, not banking!)

Are you advocating free adult ed across the board? Quite pricey I'd have thought? 

2 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

They should be free.

To very bright people studying subjects that are useful(what is useful to be debated and a short list fixed and reviewed every year).

So it shouldn't cost too much, because only in a very few cases are both of these things true! 

Whats useful?

How many of these useful graduates do we need??

Whats the point of having more HE subjects when ~50% of school elavers fail 5 GSCE passes???

'She said that by getting the top earners to pay "just a little bit more", Labour can "stop our young people from going through that hell of having that much debt". '

The ginger burd with big boobs might want to read what she said

I assume that Labour are looking to balance the budget?

29 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Whats useful?

How many of these useful graduates do we need??

Whats the point of having more HE subjects when ~50% of school elavers fail 5 GSCE passes???

1. To be debated and fixed once a year. By whom, you say? Dunno, maybe a mix of the slightly worthier type of backbenchers  and some industry folks?

2. To be debated and fixed once a year. 

3. Do they? I thought they'd made the GCSEs so simple that everyone passed now if they showed up. Anyway no  point whatsoever, I don't think I suggested more subjects.  For me. improving the quality of teachers would have been one of the aims (Free degrees, maintenance grants and postgrads for the brightest and best who sign up to teach minimum 5 years)

19 minutes ago, spygirl said:

'She said that by getting the top earners to pay "just a little bit more", Labour can "stop our young people from going through that hell of having that much debt". '

What makes you think that? It looks to me like they're promising something to everyone to get elected and bedamned with the consequences.

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

If that was her on radio 4 this morning she came across as incredibly thick. 

... well, perfect qualifications for LieBore I suppose.

19 minutes ago, JFK said:

If that was her on radio 4 this morning she came across as incredibly thick. 

... well, perfect qualifications for LieBore I suppose.

384050AD00000578-0-image-a-71_1473726450

She does have a couple of points.

The irony of having a teen mum who dropped out of education is not lost on Labour.

52 minutes ago, spygirl said:

384050AD00000578-0-image-a-71_1473726450

She does have a couple of points.

The irony of having a teen mum who dropped out of education is not lost on Labour.

Yeah, I read that about her when she surfaced.  I suppose there is some guff about her being something like 'uniquely able to see the issues because of her reality ' or some fucking spin. When all she is is a thick as pigshit sharon. Perfect qualifications

9 minutes ago, JFK said:

Yeah, I read that about her when she surfaced.  I suppose there is some guff about her being something like 'uniquely able to see the issues because of her reality ' or some fucking spin. When all she is is a thick as pigshit sharon. Perfect qualifications

I doubt she can see her shoes - in a good way mind.

3 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

I think it's ok to study whatever you damn well please, but if it's to be at the taxpayer's expense there should be a reasonable hope that you'll be the sort of person that contributes a lot to the society of taxpayers who paid for it. (Hint, not banking!)

Are you advocating free adult ed across the board? Quite pricey I'd have thought? 

Well we used to. Pay someone with a bit of knowledge and use the school on an evening. Very cheap. Until the accountants got involved and everything had to be quantified down to the cost of an empty room. Then suddenly it becomes too expensive 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Well we used to. Pay someone with a bit of knowledge and use the school on an evening. Very cheap. Until the accountants got involved and everything had to be quantified down to the cost of an empty room. Then suddenly it becomes too expensive 

Yeah it's funny that, how accounting in their minds means doing things properly but it ends up more expensive. Costs more to account for the money than to spend it.

Not accountants but idiot accountants that don't understand marginal cost of idle assets. The cost of unutilised classrooms in the evening is light and heat

7 minutes ago, Panther said:

Not accountants but idiot accountants that don't understand marginal cost of idle assets. The cost of unutilised classrooms in the evening is light and heat

Is that true any more though? Doesn't H@S get involved - what happens if someone has a stroke in the class etc? So there are costs added, insurance for evening use, blah blah. I suspect it's this kind of fuckwittery behind it all