DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

London - 1 in 3 analysts predict crash, 40% falls mentioned

Frank Hovis

23 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Oh and I have half a house in Martham :)

Nice! I think I recall you posting on ToS that you had a base in the county.

I keep getting Martham and Marsham mixed up!

1 minute ago, UmBongo said:

Nice! I think I recall you posting on ToS that you had a base in the county.

I keep getting Martham and Marsham mixed up!

Only half a base, my exams son live there.

sleepwello'nights
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:35, Long time lurking said:

When it comes to cars i hate to say it but they were probably  right the first one would not even been classed as a classic at the point in time ,that im guessing you are talking about 

https://www.kgfclassiccars.co.uk/details.php?cid=873

https://www.kgfclassiccars.co.uk/details.php?cid=884

Yet asking prices are even more ridiculous now than they were just a few years ago. I was considering buying a Stag or a TR6 cos I like the look of them. Prices were just under the £10k then for presentable well maintained vehicles. I was looking a few weeks ago, seems they're around the £20k mark now! 

Long time lurking
16 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Yet asking prices are even more ridiculous now than they were just a few years ago. I was considering buying a Stag or a TR6 cos I like the look of them. Prices were just under the £10k then for presentable well maintained vehicles. I was looking a few weeks ago, seems they're around the £20k mark now! 

Cars and bikes are IMO in a bigger bubble than houses ,

I test drove a Lancia intergrale around 2006-7 with the view of buying it, the asking price was £6900 i offered him 6.5k but the guy would not budge, to be fair it was mint and it  had a lot of money spent on it ,i walked away and left it , it was still for sale a couple of months later which made me think i was right to leave it ,,,look at the price of such are car now  

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Cars and bikes are IMO in a bigger bubble than houses ,

I test drove a Lancia intergrale around 2006-7 with the view of buying it, the asking price was £6900 i offered him 6.5k but the guy would not budge, to be fair it was mint and it  had a lot of money spent on it ,i walked away and left it , it was still for sale a couple of months later which made me think i was right to leave it ,,,look at the price of such are car now  

Bought mine in 2007 needing paint for £5300, eventually had it painted last year for £4K ( glassout etc. etc.)

Insurance company have just valued it at £65K, it's fuxking stupid, a local classic car garage owner offered me £40K cash last week when I was getting petrol. I'm tempted to sell it to him and buy it back for peanuts when he goes bust.

Thinking about it, no I'm not.:)

Long time lurking
11 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Bought mine in 2007 needing paint for £5300, eventually had it painted last year for £4K ( glassout etc. etc.)

Insurance company have just valued it at £65K, it's fuxking stupid, a local classic car garage owner offered me £40K cash last week when I was getting petrol. I'm tempted to sell it to him and buy it back for peanuts when he goes bust.

Thinking about it, no I'm not.:)

It` was not red and from the Slough area was it and just had the top end rebuilt :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Friends used to have both, the cylinder head never seemed to be actually on the engine where it's supposed to be. Seems they used to warp and didn't last five minutes. 

31 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

It` was not red and from the Slough area was it and just had the top end rebuilt :ph34r:

No, I bought it in Tokyo, the £5300 included shipping and UK taxes, registration etc. :D

Archived