• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Green Party Manifesto

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Why are greens remainers?

The argument seems to be that the main amount of legislation to protect the environment was passed in the last forty years during a period when we were part of the EU and that this legislation was developed in conjunction with other EU countries.

So as soon as we leave the EU all if that legislation will be torn up and the whole countryside concreted over.

Nonsense of course, and they have this baffling no borders stance which would see mass immigration and, um, the whole countryside concreted over.

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The argument seems to be that the main amount of legislation to protect the environment was passed in the last forty years during a period when we were part of the EU and that this legislation was developed in conjunction with other EU countries.

So as soon as we leave the EU all if that legislation will be torn up and the whole countryside concreted over.

Nonsense of course, and they have this baffling no borders stance which would see mass immigration and, um, the whole countryside concreted over.

Bizarre. I guess the UK do have the EU to thank for one or two things like cleaner beaches, but there is no reason those rules can't be retained outside the EU. No reason not to follow the better EU rules introduced in future either.

It's as if they think concern for the environment goes together with being a lefty twat. Why should it?

6 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Bizarre. I guess the UK do have the EU to thank for one or two things like cleaner beaches, but there is no reason those rules can't be retained outside the EU. No reason not to follow the better EU rules introduced in future either.

It's as if they think concern for the environment goes together with being a lefty twat. Why should it?

Most environmentalists that i know that are also are lefty twats are fekking dangerous environmentalists. My career is 'ecology' 30 years of it and still publishing. I couldn't be more delighted with Trump's shake up of the EPA for example, bring it on over here.

How is there open border policy green. This encourages travel and corresponding fossil fuel burnin, jet pollution, noise and green house gas.

Its simply idiotic. I also used agree with a lot of their policies but with that they have lost the plot entirely.

Edited by Green Devil

31 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Most environmentalists that i know that are also are lefty twats are fekking dangerous environmentalists. My career is 'ecology' 30 years of it and still publishing. I couldn't be more delighted with Trump's shake up of the EPA for example, bring it on over here.

The greens are the new communist party in essence, how many students are communists these days!

They have Mr Devil. Most of them don't live in the "environment" they talk about. Sometimes I wake up and my car is covered in shit. This would be unacceptable in Islington!

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

They have Mr Devil. Most of them don't live in the "environment" they talk about. Sometimes I wake up and my car is covered in shit. This would be unacceptable in Islington!

Is this linked to the dosbods thread that seems to have gone a little weird?  O.o

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Is this linked to the dosbods thread that seems to have gone a little weird?  O.o

My Mr Garage man has a white car. At least mine is vaguely shit coloured!

So they want millions to come here and these people will pollute the environment, overload the waste and public services and require more building to house them. Let's go the whole hog and import one billion people .... that must be really fantastic for the environment.

5 minutes ago, satch said:

So they want millions to come here and these people will pollute the environment, overload the waste and public services and require more building to house them. Let's go the whole hog and import one billion people .... that must be really fantastic for the environment.

Not just that.

They want to allow people to come from countries where the consumption per head is low, to move to countries with higher consumption.

And surely the Green NHS policy should involve hefty levels of Euthanising?, whether they want it or not.

8 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

The greens are the new communist party in essence, how many students are communists these days!

30 years ago I can't remember one conversation amongst peer group about politics, maybe it was just that campus, CND did visit once and had their nuclear missile nicked.