• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Just because you have a fancy car doesn’t mean that you are not a chav

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6107999/Two-mothers-choke-holds-spectacular-road-rage-brawl.html

This is the moment two female drivers strangled each other before the Jaguar owner body-slammed her nemesis to the floor in a dramatic road rage show-down.

Shocking footage obtained exclusively by MailOnline shows the pair brawling in broad daylight as crying children looked on and begged them to stop.

The incident brought one carriageway of the A5123 in Northampton to a standstill yesterday after drivers were forced to witness the violent brawl. 

Witnesses said the heated row broke out between the two after the brunette Audi driver accused the Jaguar owner of 'cutting her up'.

there is a video at the link of the scuffle 

I try to practice Zen driving - got called a f*cking w*nker by a bald, red faced angry white van man the other day because I didn't let him pull out in front of me in traffic. (Probably slowed down his journey by about three seconds).  I just stayed calm and said 'thanks, have a great day'. That usually leaves them looking bewildered. 

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

I try to practice Zen driving - got called a f*cking w*nker by a bald, red faced angry white van man the other day because I didn't let him pull out in front of me in traffic. (Probably slowed down his journey by about three seconds).  I just stayed calm and said 'thanks, have a great day'. That usually leaves them looking bewildered. 

I've found it depends on what you drive, I find angry people when I drive my normal car but everyone is nice to me in my old car which BTW I drive a lot harder.

I tend to assume that anyone driving a fancy car is a chav; they're designer label things like having a big <insert brand name here as I don't know these days> logo across an £80 t-shirt.

Though I would except Jag owners from that presumption so am disappointed that one of the ladies has a Jag.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I tend to assume that anyone driving a fancy car is a chav; they're designer label things like having a big <insert brand name here as I don't know these days> logo across an £80 t-shirt.

Though I would except Jag owners from that presumption so am disappointed that one of the ladies has a Jag.

Jag firmly chasing the chav market these days - see also Bentley, Volvo.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I wear Levi's, please tell me it's not a designer label, I don't want to be a chav......9_9

Ladies ??? I didn't see any ladies

Edited by Option5

4 minutes ago, eight said:

Jag firmly chasing the chav market these days - see also Bentley, Volvo.

Oh, didn't realise that.  Or Volvo for that matter.  I knew Bentley were courting footballers.

3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I wear Levi's, please tell me it's not a designer label, I don't want to be a chav......9_9

Ladies ??? I didn't see any ladies

Discreet labels = non chav

levis-501-stonewash-blue-jeans-005010113

Big labels = chav

Superdry%20Sale%20Vintage%20Logo%20Hoodi

Driving is really odd.  For example, it has become normal for drivers, when seeing people try to manoeuvre into the space in front, to actually close up the gap (which they were happy with before).  So, people don't indicate and slowly move, but wait until the last minute then pull over quickly.  So, when driving, the standard behaviour always looks aggressive and is certainly less safe.

The whole 'driving around' has become completely mad.  I prefer being at home.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

Driving is really odd.  For example, it has become normal for drivers, when seeing people try to manoeuvre into the space in front, to actually close up the gap (which they were happy with before).  So, people don't indicate and slowly move, but wait until the last minute then pull over quickly.  So, when driving, the standard behaviour always looks aggressive and is certainly less safe.

The whole 'driving around' has become completely mad.  I prefer being at home.

I am guilty of doing that sometimes but only to counter what I see to be equally ungracious driving.

This typically happens where there is a run of four or five cars on a motorway or dual carriageway; all doing similar speeds and maintaining reasonable distances.  I am usuually going to be the one at the back as I'm not in a hurry.

A car will come up on the empty road behind to catch up but won't just join the back of the line; no they have to do one solitary pointless yet annoying overtake before they settle down to everybody else's speed: that of the back car and usually me.

It is totally unnecessary and when I can see somebody coming up to do this, you can tell by their not being at overtaking speed just catching speed, I will edge much close to the car in front so that they now either have to overtake two cars or just join on behind as they should do.

This is particualry prevalent before a turn off and subsequent slowing down so if you just let them overtake and slot in then before you know it they're braking and you're having to overtake them; so two overtaking manouevers when there was no need for either.

I did read an article some time ago that it's actually an offence to get out of your car to "sort out" a bad driving issue - because it can so often result in escalation and then a real crime being committed.  I try to follow that principle myself but I can't find anything to confirm that's the law after doing a search.  If there's not been an accident then I imagine it's police advice although it might not written in law.

Clearly it's not an offence to get out of your car after an actual accident and to examine the damage and to exchange details etc.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I am guilty of doing that sometimes but only to counter what I see to be equally ungracious driving.

This typically happens where there is a run of four or five cars on a motorway or dual carriageway; all doing similar speeds and maintaining reasonable distances.  I am usuually going to be the one at the back as I'm not in a hurry.

A car will come up on the empty road behind to catch up but won't just join the back of the line; no they have to do one solitary pointless yet annoying overtake before they settle down to everybody else's speed: that of the back car and usually me.

It is totally unnecessary and when I can see somebody coming up to do this, you can tell by their not being at overtaking speed just catching speed, I will edge much close to the car in front so that they now either have to overtake two cars or just join on behind as they should do.

This is particualry prevalent before a turn off and subsequent slowing down so if you just let them overtake and slot in then before you know it they're braking and you're having to overtake them; so two overtaking manouevers when there was no need for either.

I don't know.  Maybe if they're in a different lane but otherwise just moving with the traffic then they're just another driver and you might as well let them in.

But driving in traffic really does bring out the worst in everyone.  Shame that it's so difficult to avoid.

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

He hadn't a clue what the consequences would be.

Oh, I very much think that he did.  Both for him (+ve) and everyone else (-ve).

I'd say Brown was the buffoon that didn't get it.  But he wasn't 'benevolent but idiot' (like a religious leader might be) -- he was easily influenced by others and out of his depth.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, dgul said:

Oh, I very much think that he did.  Both for him (+ve) and everyone else (-ve).

I'd say Brown was the buffoon that didn't get it.  But he wasn't 'benevolent but idiot' (like a religious leader might be) -- he was easily influenced by others and out of his depth.

Actually I don't disagree that he (and his string pullers) had a very good idea what he was doing in broad terms for the general population and specifically for himself but I don't think even he realised that women would end up barging about like sumo bull pit bullies driving huge cars strangling each other in the middle of the motorway - as a result of general and cultural changes and policies.   I thought the photo reflected that - and in any event it's an amusing thought.  A sort of whoops moment.

Maybe he did realise though.  Gordon Brown was the bull in the china shop.

Edited by twocents

10 minutes ago, dgul said:

I don't know.  Maybe if they're in a different lane but otherwise just moving with the traffic then they're just another driver and you might as well let them in.

But driving in traffic really does bring out the worst in everyone.  Shame that it's so difficult to avoid.

If that's the case the absolutely I would; I have no ego about being overtaken.  It is being overtaken followed by their slowing for a junction and my having to overtake them ten / twenty / thirty seconds later that galls me.

I used to get it on the M5 before junctions (Weston, Exeter) and now I get it on the A38 dual carriageway before Liskeard.  I can tell who's going to do it because they're not driving much faster than I am because they've already begun to slow for the junction so I will then speed up myself (not madly) which means they do drop in behind me as they should have done in the first place without my having to react to encourage them to do it.  I'm not a sweary or aggressive driver but I find this particular thing inconsiderate and people do it every time if I don't first spot their doing it and react by speeding up.  It's like they have an isntruction in their head that they can't start slowing down until they have done at least one overtake.

Posted (edited)

i came out of a hidden entrance in my white van and some wanker wouldnt let me join the traffic, i called him a fucking wanker i can tell you. BTW im an angry red faced  bald wanker and am usually drunk.

Edited by leonardratso

I tend to put driving at the top of my list of onerous tasks that I do in a day. It's an utter ball ache and the sort of driving that you used to see once a week that would make you shake your head in disbelief is now a multiple-time-a-day occurance.

Huge increase in mannerless fuckers not thanking you for letting them through or just cutting in too. 

As for pricey chav cars, surely there is no contest...

35128.jpg

I was pondering the other day just how it is that so many people can afford the cars you see on the roads today. Round my way, many of the cars are fairly new but also there are lots of high end cars, range rovers (chavtastic!), VW, Audi, those funny Porsche SUV things etc.

I don't believe our economy is capable of supporting such wealth. I was at the petrol station the other day and a guy with a range rover put £90 in it. Plus those things break down every Tuesday afternoon and cost a fortune to fix. Also filling up was a new Audi RS5 that the owner couldn't resist giving a blip on the throttle as he started it up.

So how are so many people able to afford so many expensive cars? I can think of the following that might explain it:

- Cars are leased

- Symptom of a debt ridden economy living beyond its means

- These high end cars are actually relatively cheap to make from an economic/wealth perspective (low material and labour cost, high ticket price only)

Or am I just being negative and everything is great? Maybe I should feel privilidged to live amongst so many Drs, footballers, surgeons, entrapeneurs, executives etc.

201p tip of the day: (but at your own risk)

Don't make eye contact with drivers. It takes getting used to, but it does take some of the emotion out of it.

If you wear sunglasses it won't look odd either.

56 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I tend to put driving at the top of my list of onerous tasks that I do in a day. It's an utter ball ache and the sort of driving that you used to see once a week that would make you shake your head in disbelief is now a multiple-time-a-day occurance.

Huge increase in mannerless fuckers not thanking you for letting them through or just cutting in too. 

As for pricey chav cars, surely there is no contest...

35128.jpg

Isn't that the standard drug dealer car these days?

oh for the good old days, when a drug dealer would be the 8th owner of a car like that, wouldnt bother to insure it and would crash it within a month and the next stop scrap yard, for both the car and the drug dealer.