• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Barlow

I'm going to turn up for work as a proper RoPer

4 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Another level reached in terms of workplace PC insanity. New boss has started - internal transfer. He is already chair of the equalities group and all that. We got a long re-education session today about equal ops and the inherent  evil  of white people etc. Anyway I've had enough of working in PC Shangri La cum North korea reeducation camp. To compound this I have just been told that a day long technical course I deliver in a class room will in future be delivered by way of a prerecorded video of me...:ph34r:  

So I thought I should roll with it and reveal my true identity as a RoPer for the studio recording. 

As a twelver I think I need to go in Shia garb and get myself down the prayer room at least 5 times. Now naturally they will think I'm taking the piss and I shall be threatened with disciplinary action etc by my Manager and his PC Nazi Cohorts. At which point I shall whip out my Islamic Conversion certificate and copy of my Islamic wedding certificate (both certified and stamped) in defense like holding a crucifix up against vampires. 

If that doesn't work my missus is going to turn up in full black abaya and hijab and shout curses in farsi at them with a bit of arabic thrown. 

Bad day at the office?

4 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Another level reached in terms of workplace PC insanity. New boss has started - internal transfer. He is already chair of the equalities group and all that. We got a long re-education session today about equal ops and the inherent  evil  of white people etc. Anyway I've had enough of working in PC Shangri La cum North korea reeducation camp. To compound this I have just been told that a day long technical course I deliver in a class room will in future be delivered by way of a prerecorded video of me...:ph34r:  

So I thought I should roll with it and reveal my true identity as a RoPer for the studio recording. 

As a twelver I think I need to go in Shia garb and get myself down the prayer room at least 5 times. Now naturally they will think I'm taking the piss and I shall be threatened with disciplinary action etc by my Manager and his PC Nazi Cohorts. At which point I shall whip out my Islamic Conversion certificate and copy of my Islamic wedding certificate (both certified and stamped) in defense like holding a crucifix up against vampires. 

If that doesn't work my missus is going to turn up in full black abaya and hijab and shout curses in farsi at them with a bit of arabic thrown. 

Brilliant.  Keep us abreast of progress. They don’t like it up ‘em captain mainwaring. 

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Bad day at the office?

Every day is a bad day at the office. Of course, you wouldn’t know the joys of corporate life. o.O

6 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

What's so special about Islamic welding compared to the ordinary kind that deems it worthy of certification?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Brilliant.  Keep us abreast of progress. They don’t like it up ‘em captain mainwaring. 

Every day is a bad day at the office. Of course, you wouldn’t know the joys of corporate life. o.O

No. But I do have idiot clients.

Why, when i send someone an email that requires a quick email reply, do they phone up and try to talk to me. 

Just feckin email back. And stop wasting my time.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Can you not just stab someone? Save on all the praying and jimjams.

Nah - Im not going for all that Pakistani Pyjamma dress.

As a Shia we dress to impress and its important to give the right impression when delivering a course.

Imam Tahwidi looks pretty cool

imamofpeace.jpg

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

No. But I do have idiot clients.

Why, when i send someone an email that requires a quick email reply, do they phone up and try to talk to me. 

Just feckin email back. And stop wasting my time.

That I can cope with, it’s the mind numbing pc bollox described by Kurt that gets you in the end. 

1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

As a Shia we dress to impress and its important to give the right impression when delivering a course.

White turban then.

White turban then.

2 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

imamofpeace.jpg

Very dashing. Don’t forget to flick and swish the cape like thing as you power down the corridors. xD  we need video so have you phone at the ready. 

Just now, One percent said:

That I can cope with, it’s the mind numbing pc bollox described by Kurt that gets you in the end. 

My office is very non pc. We turn off James O'Brien before he even gets started.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

My office is very non pc. We turn off James O'Brien before he even gets started.

Good. The only one I can stand is Steve Allen. After him, it all goes sjw pc bonkers. 

It often crosses my mind whether a white British convert to islam would be given the same excuses anx lenient sentences that we have seen some Pakistani, Somali, Afghan muslims get.

I suspect not. There have been a few such as the Plymouth - was it Plymouth - bomb attempt who got severe sentences.

17 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

You should.  Roper recently started in a company I was contracted for.  He buggered of at lunchtime for a 2 and half hour "prayer".  Not a word was said.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

It often crosses my mind whether a white British convert to islam would be given the same excuses anx lenient sentences that we have seen some Pakistani, Somali, Afghan muslims get.

I suspect not. There have been a few such as the Plymouth - was it Plymouth - bomb attempt who got severe sentences.

Possibly - but a white British 'convert' who is both familar with UK law (especially employment law) and the Quran might be more intimidating. 

My boss is very upset because I mentioned that all my Iranian relatives voted for Trump. 

My answer was well when you have busted your arse training to be a Doc, Dentist or Engineer to emigrate out of Iran to get away from a certain type of people you don't then want a candidate like Hillary opening up the flood gates to them all. 

I did point out this was their view and in no way represented what I felt;)

One of my best students ever was an Iranian woman. Bright and hard working. Every time I saw her outside of class, and it was often, she was coming into or out of the library. Her work was so good that when it was moderated, a colleague said that this couldn’t possibly be a students work. It was. Apparently, she had a PhD and was a nuclear physicist. One of the true refugees. Sadly, I lost touch with her but I’m sure she is doing fantastic things somewhere. 

Ive often wondered if rather well to do immigrants are a big blocker to letting in the riff raff - even from the same country/religion, makes sense, dont want them all coming here and ruining it for me by just being the same old shit as they were - actually worse id say since their own country usually know exactly how to deal with them.

2 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Possibly - but a white British 'convert' who is both familar with UK law (especially employment law) and the Quran might be more intimidating. 

This is interesting. PC Nazi's have taken over from HR Managers as the most hated employees. 

This could be good workplace sport - baiting the PC Nazi's from an unassailable position of a signed up RoPer. 

At the equalities group session . I give my wife a good beating when she misbehaves - as  the prophet (PBUH) advised. 

In PC Top Trumps does Islam and Shariah out weigh womens rights? 

7 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Ive often wondered if rather well to do immigrants are a big blocker to letting in the riff raff - even from the same country/religion, makes sense, dont want them all coming here and ruining it for me by just being the same old shit as they were - actually worse id say since their own country usually know exactly how to deal with them.

That pretty much sums it up. 

26 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

What's so special about Islamic welding compared to the ordinary kind that deems it worthy of certification?

You can go back for 3 more without getting a divorce;)

30 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

You should pull him up on that -- all races, creeds and lineages are created equally.  The prophet himself said this explicitly.  The only inferiority is amongst those that do not submit to Islam.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dgul said:

You should pull him up on that -- all races, creeds and lineages are created equally.  The prophet himself said this explicitly.  The only inferiority is amongst those that do not submit to Islam.

No I should have pointed out that the Prophet (PBUH) described black people as raisin heads and in reference to something very simple - even an Ethiopian* would understand this.

My new boss is black. 

* Ethiopia was the Greek word for Africa in general. 

Edit - Also the Prophet (PBUH) advised light skinned Arabs to not pollute their pedigree with blackness. 

Edited by Kurt Barlow
addition