• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Burglary victims track down the thieves and apprehend them!

Recommended Posts

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16607682.appy-days-burglary-victims-turn-table-on-thief-by-tracking-him-down-on-iphone-app/

Network Rail employee Stuart Johnston, along with five other colleagues, was left devastated when they returned to their van and discovered its windows had smashed and items had been stolen from inside.

The vehicle was parked at St Denys railway station on Monday, August 20, when it was broken into.

Bank cards, iPads, mobile phones and wallets were all taken from hiding places inside.

 

Despite their anger, Mr Johnston and his colleagues hatched a plan to get their items back.

They discovered that one of the stolen cards had been used at a nearby shop, and inspiration struck.

One of the group suggested using the Find an iPhone app, which allows users to pinpoint the location of their device using GPS.

They quickly found a match and a location of where some of the items were, and they began their hunt to find the thieves.

Three of the group managed to pinpoint someone they believed had one of their phones outside Royal South Hants Hospital, in the city centre.

Taking matters into their own hands, they apprehended one of the men before handing him over to police when they arrived.

 

More at link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, 201p said:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16607682.appy-days-burglary-victims-turn-table-on-thief-by-tracking-him-down-on-iphone-app/

Network Rail employee Stuart Johnston, along with five other colleagues, was left devastated when they returned to their van and discovered its windows had smashed and items had been stolen from inside.

The vehicle was parked at St Denys railway station on Monday, August 20, when it was broken into.

Bank cards, iPads, mobile phones and wallets were all taken from hiding places inside.

 

Despite their anger, Mr Johnston and his colleagues hatched a plan to get their items back.

They discovered that one of the stolen cards had been used at a nearby shop, and inspiration struck.

One of the group suggested using the Find an iPhone app, which allows users to pinpoint the location of their device using GPS.

They quickly found a match and a location of where some of the items were, and they began their hunt to find the thieves.

Three of the group managed to pinpoint someone they believed had one of their phones outside Royal South Hants Hospital, in the city centre.

Taking matters into their own hands, they apprehended one of the men before handing him over to police when they arrived.

 

More at link

I’m amazed that the railway guys weren’t charged for ‘taking the law into their own hands’ or some such. No doubt when the scrote appears before the beak, he’ll have a sob story about being traumatised by the mob justice and will end up getting some form of compensation!

Edited by Horrified Onlooker
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I’m amazed that the railway guys weren’t charged for ‘taking the law into their own hands’ or some such. No doubt when the scrote appears before the beak, he’ll have a sob story about being traumatised by the mob justice and will end up getting some form of compensation!

There's time yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister did this,  some druggie stole her iPhone so she traced it online to some hostel. The staff wouldn't help as they said it was risky for them to intervene even though the trace app had whittled it down to a specific room. In the end the druggie sold it back to her for 20 quid I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

My sister did this,  some druggie stole her iPhone so she traced it online to some hostel. The staff wouldn't help as they said it was risky for them to intervene even though the trace app had whittled it down to a specific room. In the end the druggie sold it back to her for 20 quid I think. 

So she is guilty of receiving stolen goods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.